Did anybody hear anything regarding this years Jets Draft party?

Fibonacci

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Last year's Draft events was announced last week of March. This year, so far no word. Did season ticket holders receive an email about this or no? 

They told me they would announce something mid April, something about them, and the Giants trying to figure out who gets which Club for their respective parties.

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

They told me they would announce something mid April, something about them, and the Giants trying to figure out who gets which Club for their respective parties.

Yeah. Just checked the Giants website and they didn't announce yet anything either. For the last 2 years, Jets get the Metlife on Thursday night and Giants get it on the weekend. Jets do the weekend party at Florham Park and I love that too. Maybe they are trying to negotiate the Thursday night? I don't know. I thought maybe they sent out a letter to Season Ticket Holders. 

16 minutes ago, Fibonacci said:

Yeah. Just checked the Giants website and they didn't announce yet anything either. For the last 2 years, Jets get the Metlife on Thursday night and Giants get it on the weekend. Jets do the weekend party at Florham Park and I love that too. Maybe they are trying to negotiate the Thursday night? I don't know. I thought maybe they sent out a letter to Season Ticket Holders. 

Sounds like they are gonna share MetLife Thursday Night, it's just a matter of which side of the stadium the party is on, I'm assuming both want the behind the home team sideline club, and might not have an agreement yet.

@Dcat

I am sure you are glad I didn't ask you for your draft tickets. Jets made it free this time. I already ordered 4 tickets. If it doesn't rain, I am taking family down there. Last time I was there we ended up with Leonard Williams. Hoping for Mahomes this time. 

2 hours ago, Jet Life said:

Just got my email. For the people who have gone before, how is it? Never been

Pretty cool last time I went.  They let you walk on the field and you better much had your way with the whole place.

Don't know if they plan to scale that back this year.

Regardless, it's a fun night in April on Draft Night.

2 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I will be there Max. Do you know if Tailgate Joe is planning to be there again?

I am not sure. I should be seeing him next week, I will ask him.

I am toying with the idea of going in the RV and tailgating. Depends on my schedule that day.

2017-Draft-Party.jpg

The Jets have announced the details of their 2017 NFL Draft Party at Metlife Stadium. JetNation will be there, if you are going drop us a message in our forums.

2017 Jets Draft Party at MetLife Stadium
Thursday, April 27 at 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.

This year’s free, open to the public Draft Party will be held on the first night of the Draft, Thursday, April 27, at MetLife Stadium, starting at 7 p.m.

The night will include:

• Watching the Draft live on the videoboards from the 100-level seats or inside the MetLife 50 Club
  • Free 2017 Jets Draft t-shirt giveaway upon entry (while supplies last)
  • Jets locker room tours
  • Appearances by Jets players & Jets Legends
  • Jets Experience and Jets Fest
  • Food, beverage & merchandise for purchase
  • And much more!

Click here to reserve your tickets.

2017-Draft-Party.jpg

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
W6RPtJG5t3Y

Click here to read the full story...

7 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

@Dcat

I am sure you are glad I didn't ask you for your draft tickets. Jets made it free this time. I already ordered 4 tickets. If it doesn't rain, I am taking family down there. Last time I was there we ended up with Leonard Williams. Hoping for Mahomes this time. 

I went last year.  First time.  Last time.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Two years ago was really bad. They drafted Leonard Williams and pretty much shut out the lights and kicked everyone out. I was pretty pissed. Now at least they advertise a closing time.

Definitely not for everyone. I think last year the field was closed because of moto cross.

Normally walking on the field, taking the locker room tour and sitting in cushy 50 yard line seats is enough for me. Not for everyone though.

Just now, Maxman said:

Two years ago was really bad. They drafted Leonard Williams and pretty much shut out the lights and kicked everyone out. I was pretty pissed. Now at least they advertise a closing time.

Definitely not for everyone. I think last year the field was closed because of moto cross.

Normally walking on the field, taking the locker room tour and sitting in cushy 50 yard line seats is enough for me. Not for everyone though.

We were all jammed into the amazingly uncomfortable Mezzanine lounges.  It sucked.  

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

We were all jammed into the amazingly uncomfortable Mezzanine lounges.  It sucked.  

Yeah you are right. Hopefully with the field open it is less crowded. I keep wanting to say no you are wrong, it didn't suck. But every memory I have says it did suck lol.

Two years ago I loved it. Got to walk around the field, played catch with my kid, they had big inflatables for kids, etc. I left right after the pick so I missed being booted out.  But walking around MetLife central and getting on the field, etc were all great.

Last year was cold and wet if I recall. Locker room tour was fun but then the club level was freaking packed. We did locker room tour then walked through clubs and decided not to wait in big lines for food or beer. Sat outside for few min and left.

I will probably go again this year since it's free and just 25-30 min away. If anyone tailgates I'd be up for saying hi. I have to work that day so can't go too early but like taking oppts like this to get a taste of game day in the offf season.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

Good good. More tickets for me in the future if Jets change the system. But from what I heard, last years was the worst. People weren't allowed on the field. This year, field is open again. It won't be as cramped and it will be fun. 

13 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am not sure. I should be seeing him next week, I will ask him.

I am toying with the idea of going in the RV and tailgating. Depends on my schedule that day.

It would be cool to tailgate with you Max. 

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yeah you are right. Hopefully with the field open it is less crowded. I keep wanting to say no you are wrong, it didn't suck. But every memory I have says it did suck lol.

Field is closed due to motocross event. Read your own picture

10 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Yeah I saw that after I posted it. Was a bad assumption on my part. That sucks. I think field access makes a very big difference.

37 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Field closed again due to motocross!!! 

Only this time instead of cramming everyone in to one of the Mezz lounges, the plan is cram everyone in the the "50 club" (under Section 139) which is actually MUCH SMALLER than the uncomfortable and overrated Mezz lounges.   It will suck again and might even be worse.  Giants fans are getting access to the Coaches club lounge on the home side, which is much bigger than the 50 yd lounge on the visitors side. The only differences this year are that you can sit in the 100's when last year you could sit in the 200's and that there will be Giants fans dressed in their blue and red on the other side of the stadium.  No thanks.  Don't waste your time.  This is just a great big excuse to to push concessions and it will be awful like last year or worse.  

You've been forewarned.

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

Field closed again due to motocross!!! 

Only this time instead of cramming everyone in to one of the Mezz lounges, the plan is cram everyone in the the "50 club" (under Section 139) which is actually MUCH SMALLER than the uncomfortable and overrated Mezz lounges.   It will suck again and might even be worse.  Giants fans are getting access to the Coaches club lounge on the home side, which is much bigger than the 50 yd lounge on the visitors side. The only differences this year are that you can sit in the 100's when last year you could sit in the 200's and that there will be Giants fans dressed in their blue and red on the other side of the stadium.  No thanks.  Don't waste your time.  This is just a great big excuse to to push concessions and it will be awful like last year or worse.  

You've been forewarned.

I can't stand seeing Giants blue at Metlife. A hard pass for me. See you guys at Florham Park on 3rd day of Draft. 

On 4/4/2017 at 10:34 AM, jeremy2020 said:

hqdefault.jpg

This will be the Jets draft party..

ok this is hilarious. But before seeing this little gem I was wondering ...The Jets actually have a party after the draft ? Do they pass out Quaaludes ?

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

ok this is hilarious. But before seeing this little gem I was wondering ...The Jets actually have a party after the draft ? Do they pass out Quaaludes ?

no, they pass out cyanide.

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I thought they stopped making those like 20 years ago. 

Archived