Did anybody hear anything regarding this years Jets Draft party?

Fibonacci

3 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I used to go every year.  Last year I wasn't sure if I could make it and it started to pour so I stayed home.  I heard it was pretty lousy.  This year I'm expecting a baby on April 27th so I highly doubt I will be going. 

Congrats on the baby!

Another new member of Jet's Nation!

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I used to go every year.  Last year I wasn't sure if I could make it and it started to pour so I stayed home.  I heard it was pretty lousy.  This year I'm expecting a baby on April 27th so I highly doubt I will be going. 

Yes, congrats, man! Things should settle down enough at home by August for you to go to games. Each family and situation is different, but I worked proactively on my wife before our kid was born to ensure I could continue to go to games without interruption.  Priorities!

Regarding the party, I see you can now buy Green Room passes with Rewards points.  I think it said some free appetizers would be included and that there'd be some Jets there. I have a monster day at work that day so my plans are unclear. but I will still probably go.  And I know it's silly but I may go Green Room. I need to drain my points before July so why not on the chance for a slightly less crowded night out?

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

That is great news! Congratulations.

50 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Yes, congrats, man! Things should settle down enough at home by August for you to go to games. Each family and situation is different, but I worked proactively on my wife before our kid was born to ensure I could continue to go to games without interruption.  Priorities!

Regarding the party, I see you can now buy Green Room passes with Rewards points.  I think it said some free appetizers would be included and that there'd be some Jets there. I have a monster day at work that day so my plans are unclear. but I will still probably go.  And I know it's silly but I may go Green Room. I need to drain my points before July so why not on the chance for a slightly less crowded night out?

When my youngest son was born, my wife was worried about going into labor while I was at the last home game of the year. I suggested that she come tailgate with us and sleep in the car. This way if she went into labor I would be right there. She could just text me and then when the game was over I would come out and we could drive to the hospital together. Depending on the score I even suggested that I leave a little bit early so we could beat traffic.

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

When my youngest son was born, my wife was worried about going into labor while I was at the last home game of the year. I suggested that she come tailgate with us and sleep in the car. This way if she went into labor I would be right there. She could just text me and then when the game was over I would come out and we could drive to the hospital together. Depending on the score I even suggested that I leave a little bit early so we could beat traffic.

Well what was the outcome? Did she go for it?

15 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

I thought they stopped making those like 20 years ago. 

Rorer 714's killed a fair number of young people.  Jesus Christ.  I haven't thought of that in like 40 years.  What were we thinking?

8 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Congratulations!!!!  You'll need to add another PSL in about 7 years!

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

The Green Room invite is the only appealing option. Still, I'd rather have my TV on, watching all the talking heads discuss the prospects and watching all the highlight clips,  my laptop open and feverish discussion with you all here and some other forums.  I'll go to the other events the Jets offer.  I've decided that he draft is for my sofa and laptop. 

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

:lol:  I'm sure that went over really well.  

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Rorer 714's killed a fair number of young people.  Jesus Christ.  I haven't thought of that in like 40 years.  What were we thinking?

Probably thinking, damn that bunny looks good in those bell bottoms and tube top. Where is my mustache comb and let me go splash on some Hi Karate so I can go hit on that foxy broad and take her back to my pleather palace of love. Hey look....LUUDES! Better wash it down with a Harvey Wallbanger.

41 minutes ago, JoeC36 said:

Well what was the outcome? Did she go for it?

You know, I forgot to ask. I got back to the car after the game. She was sitting in the backseat and she said I have something to tell you. She was smiling from ear to ear.

But I was so caught up in the game. I was so pumped because the Jets just beat the Packers 42 to 17. Great day.

I

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JETSONEDAY said:

I will be driving down from Vermont to attend this event!! I do have a question, my step son who is 18 yrs old wants to come. Is there an age requirement to attend this event? Thanks

8-80 blind, crippled or crazy come one come all. 

47 minutes ago, JETSONEDAY said:

I will be driving down from Vermont to attend this event!! I do have a question, my step son who is 18 yrs old wants to come. Is there an age requirement to attend this event? Thanks

Welcome to the board. No age requirements for the event. 

2 hours ago, JETSONEDAY said:

No. All are welcome. I think you just need tickets in advance.

I took off that day because I have a school event for my youngest son. I am toying with the idea of going early and tailgating with the RV. I guess I will do another roll call. Anyone going?

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I took off that day because I have a school event for my youngest son. I am toying with the idea of going early and tailgating with the RV. I guess I will do another roll call. Anyone going?

I am going. Have big work commitments in the morning, but looking forward to getting out to the stadium for a while.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:05 PM, Maxman said:

I am trying to figure out the answer to that question. :)

Hey Max

What time will you be at the parking lot tomorrow? And more importantly, does anybody know what time the parking lot opens? I took the day off tomorrow and Friday and I am either going to a friend's draft party or come over to Metlife to say Hi. 

8 minutes ago, JetsMets81 said:

Does anyone know what kind of costs are associated with this? I know the tickets were free but how much is parking and any other costs?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using JetNation.com mobile app

Parking is free I believe. Just have to pay for anything you eat \ drink in the stadium.

22 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

Hey Max

What time will you be at the parking lot tomorrow? And more importantly, does anybody know what time the parking lot opens? I took the day off tomorrow and Friday and I am either going to a friend's draft party or come over to Metlife to say Hi. 

I should be getting there right around 6, maybe a little later. I think I am going right in though. Decided not to tailgate at all.  

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

I should be getting there right around 6, maybe a little later. I think I am going right in though. Decided not to tailgate at all.  

Well, if tailgating with you is off the table, I will skip this and watch this at home. Enjoy. 

On 4/6/2017 at 5:23 PM, Lil Woody said:

Oh well. That ugly fat kid from superbad and gilbert grape made them look like a lot of fun in the Wolf of Wall St..

drink 20 beers in 10 minutes and you'll get the same effect.

7 hours ago, Fibonacci said:

I won't miss it for the world Phil. :)

It was a good time tonight, you should have gone. The Toyota club was much less crowded this year. Neil Glat stopped by to say hi. I told him everyone here sends their best. :)

Archived