Greenseed's Mock (w trades)

Greenseed4

1. CLE- Myles Garret, DE. Because, come on. 

2. SF- Jonathon Allen, DT.    Second best player in the draft.

3. CHI- Solomon Thomas, DE.   The pundits are pegging secondary, but they just added Prince Amukamara, Marcus Cooper, and Quinton Demps. They could upgrade at FS, but I think this pick goes d-line.

4. JAX- Leonard Fournette, RB. 

5. TEN- Marshon Lattimore, CB. 

6. **CLE (trade w Jets for #12 and #33 overall)- Mitchell Trubisky, QB.

7. LAC- Malik Hooker, S.

8. CAR- Jamal Adams, S.

9. CIN- Mike Williams, WR.

10. BUF- OJ Howard, TE.  They need a CB, but the value here is too much to pass up. 

11. NO- Reuben Foster, LB. 

12. **HOU (trade w Jets for #57, #89,   and get NYJ #191) - Dashaun Watson, QB. 

13. ARI- Corey Davis, WR.

14. PHI- Gareon Conley, CB.

15. IND- Hassan Reddick, LB. 

16. BAL- Cam Robinson, OT.

17. WAS- Derek Barnett, DE.

18. TEN- John Ross, WR.

19. TB- Jabril Peppers, DB. 

20. DEN- Garret Bolles, OT.

21. DET- Taco Charton, DE.

22. MIA- Forrest Lamp, OG.

23. NYG- David Njoku, TE.

24. OAK- Zach Cunningham, LB. 

25. NYJ- Charles Harris- DE/OLB.

The team brass likes this kid. Getting "Black Ice" solves the pass rush void we've been unable to fill since Abrahams departure. Is he going to light it up year-1? No. But if he can keep his combine weight and stay around 250 he will have the quicks that put him on the draft map in 2015. 

--------SECOND

33. NYJ (from CLE)- Evan Engram, TE.  Except we are drafting him to play WR. By year three, this guy is going to be a LEGIT WR1...in the Mike Evans mold, except he's way faster, stronger, and has bigger mitts. 

39. NYJ- Malik McDowell, DT. 

The fans piss & moan about another dline pick, just like we did with Sheldon and Leonard. But this kid has legit first round talent. And can be used as insurance if Big Mo needs to be traded after this year once his contract makes that more feasible. 

57. NYJ (from HOU)- Sidney Jones,  CB.  

---------THIRD

70. NYJ- Taylor Moton, OT.

89. NYJ (from HOU)- Josh Jones, S

107. NYJ- Ethan Pocic, C. 

--------FOURTH

**Trade--Sheldon Richardson for WAS pick #114 and #201**

114. NYJ (from WAS)- Cordrea Tankersley, CB. 

-------FIFTH

150. NYJ- Kendall Beckwith, ILB. 

-------SIXTH

201. NYJ (from WAS)- Chad Kelly, QB. 

-------SEVENTH

224. NYJ- Donnel Pumphrey, RB/KR

I'm gonna sh*t all over this, greenseed4!

1. Harris improved some of his numbers at his pro day, but still doesn't seem to be that freak pass rusher he's supposed to be.

2. Asking a college TE to become a WR1 is dicey. What usually happens with guys like this is that their legs go to sh*t quickly from carrying an extra thirty unnatural. pounds and they turn into back up level TEs.

3. McDowell is fine, but you're drafting him to replace a significantly better player that you're selling on the cheap.

4. You simply cannot burn a high pick on Sidney Jones until you see him run. 

5. Pocic isn't going to play center in the pros.

6. Chad Kelly is a dope.

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Harris improved some of his numbers at his pro day, but still doesn't seem to be that freak pass rusher he's supposed to be.

2. Asking a college TE to become a WR1 is dicey. What usually happens with guys like this is that their legs go to sh*t quickly from carrying an extra thirty unnatural. pounds and they turn into back up level TEs.

3. McDowell is fine, but you're drafting him to replace a significantly better player that you're selling on the cheap.

6. Chad Kelly is a dope.

Excellent content  even if I disagree on Harris who I don't think will last that long . I counter that with agreeing about Pocic .

If the Jets somehow amass that many picks, I think they should also target a developmental ILB in the mid rounds to replace Harris next year. Good teams draft in anticipation of future holes (I know, I know we've already got enough holes to fill without anticipation). 

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

6. Chad Kelly is a dope.

Do you even watch YouTube highlight videos? Cause I do. 

3 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

If the Jets somehow amass that many picks, I think they should also target a developmental ILB in the mid rounds to replace Harris next year. Good teams draft in anticipation of future holes (I know, I know we've already got enough holes to fill without anticipation). 

That's why I have them picking Beckwith in the 5th; though he's prolly my least favorite pick. 

Ok ok ok, one week to-go, fantasy fap/wish list picks (this is kinda just for me, so no need to comment, kthanks):

-----FIRST

25. (from HOU for #12; also get their 2nd & 3rd)- Garret Bolles, OT. 

----SECOND

33. (from CLE for #6 & Sheldon Richardson; also get their 4th) -Charles Harris, DE

39. NYJ- Evan Engram, WR. (He's not a TE; watch him play and deal with it)

57. (from HOU)- Akhello Witherspoon, CB. 

------THIRD

70. NYJ- Jordan Leggett, TE (to play TE)

89. (from HOU)- Marcus Maye, S

107. NYJ/comp- Pat Elfein, C

-------FOURTH

108. (from CLE)- Jordan Lewis, CB (nickel)

------FIFTH

150. NYJ- Eric Wilson, ILB

-----SIXTH

191. NYJ- Chad Kelly, QB (suck it T0m, they met, they like each other) 

-----SEVENTH

204. NYJ- Donnell Pumphrey, RB

---------------- 

Also, the team has met with every single prospect listed above. 

aka, best draft ever.

#justsayin

On 4/16/2017 at 10:40 PM, Greenseed4 said:

1. CLE- Myles Garret, DE. Because, come on. 

2. SF- Jamal Adams, SS. I initially had Allen here because he's the second best player in the draft, but looking at their horrendous secondary, and having a probowl SS at GM, who knows the value of good leadership. This pick makes too much sense. 

3. CHI- Jonathan Allen, DE/DT.   The pundits are pegging secondary, but they just added Prince Amukamara, Marcus Cooper, and Quinton Demps. With the 49ers going with Adams, the second best player in the draft falls in their laps.

4. JAX- Leonard Fournette, RB. Bortles gets one last year to prove his chops. A true blue chip workhorse is this team's missing piece.

5. TEN- Marshon Lattimore, CB. They brought in Logan Ryan and J Cyprien. This draft pick finalizes the secondary overhaul.

6. **CLE (trade w Jets)- Mitchell Trubisky, QB. The rumors were right.  

7. LAC- Solomon Thomas, DE/OLB. Bosa gets a bookend. This defense just got scary, in a division it needs to be. 

8. CAR- Malik Hooker, FS. Following the loss of Josh Norman, the previous SB team reverted to fourth place in their division. To say they need some secondary upgrades is an understatement. They signed Munnerlyn from MIN, and Mike Adams from IND. Getting a ball hawk free safety here is the next logical step.

9. CIN- Mike Williams, WR. Cause AJ getting hurt has become an annual affair, and they could use a strong-handed compliment to balance the field. 

10. BUF- OJ Howard, TE.  They need a CB, but the value here is too much to pass up.  So one of the best prospects in the draft goes to Buffalo to freeze his ass off.  The NFL never gets to see how truly talented he allegedly is. 

11. NO- Gareon Conley, CB.   

12. NYJ- Garret Bolles, LT. It's a friggin' rebuild. Not only has  Bolles been voted the most game-ready offensive lineman by polled scouts & coaches. He happens to fill a great need on our team. Solidifies a line (and he's not even the youngest member on it as a rookie).  The Nasty Mormon slides Beecham to RT, making those weird rumblings true, and the team can have a line in place for whoever the f*ck we get to play QB one of these years.  (Foreshadowing: we draft a Center too). 

13. ARI- Corey Davis, WR. To be what Michael Floyd was supposed to be...and because Fitzgerald is so old he's doing tire commercials. 

14. PHI- Charles Harris, DE. They added weapons on offense (in Alshon and Torrey Smith), it's time to start injecting youth on the defense. Yes, I'm aware they added Chris Long from the WWE. 

15. IND- Cam Robinson, OL. I don't want to say "upgraded," but the Colts defense has been "added to" in free agency. But that right side of their O-line is going to get their franchise guy killed. Cam might not be the best LT, but he's going to be a stellar RT/OG.  In a draft this weak on OL, Indy is happy to get an instant starter in round one.

16. BAL- Hassan Reddick,LB. Yes, Rueben Foster is still on the board.  His diluted drug test has teams worried, and he takes a Tunsil-like tumble. Reddick, on the other hand has been flying up boards. This is such a Raveny pick it makes too much sense to not happen. 

17. WAS- Derek Barnett, DE. Good player, good pick. 

18. TEN- John Ross, WR. The best balance for a strong running team is a takes-the-lid-off receiver. Ross could take the lid off a defense with an up-tempo jog. 

19. TB- Dalvin Cook, RB. In the same division as ATL, the Bucs need more weapons than just Mike Evans and Desean. Though this pick puts that goofy-ass grin on the face of (fellow Florida State alum) Jameis Winston, the need for playmakers trumps showmanship. 

20. DEN- Ryan Ramcyzk, OT. 

21. DET- Reuben Foster, ILB. Never has a draft pick better personified his future drafting city better. 

22. MIA- Taco Charlton, DE. beause they're done with Super Mario, and this Taco kid is pretty Dion Jordany. 

23. NYG- Jarrad Davis, ILB.

24. OAK- Joe Mixon, RB.

25. HOU- Patrick Mahomes, QB.

26. SEA- Forrest Lamp, OL.

27. KC- Zay Jones, WR.

28. DAL- Marlon Humphrey, CB. How is he still available? Nobody knows, but having a flux of DBs in this draft has caused a scramble to get the thinner positions. 

29. GB- Christian McAffrey, RB. 

30. PIT- Jabril Peppers, S/LB

31. ATL- TJ Watt, OLB.

32. NO (traded to team)- Deshaun Watson, QB. 

Quoted to lock-in final first round Mock. 

This is a fantastic draft for the Jets if they can pull those trades off and all of those picks are on the board at the time the Jets make their selections. Neither of those things will happen. But as far as the mock- very nice. 

Archived