What is your worst case scenario...

Beerfish

Jets trade up from 6 to number 2, sending their 2nd round pick and future 1st round picks to grab a QB.  Highly unlikely, but don't think anyone in the NFL thought it was likely when the Redskins/Rams trade went down in 2012.  Even worse is if that QB has a worse career than RG3.

Failing to acquire extra picks. 

Still having Sheldon Richardson on the roster after the draft.

Failing to address running back in the middle rounds. 

Drafting a RB in the first round.

Failing to draft some offensive line help. 

Failing to upgrade a terrible secondary.

Drafting any QB in this draft in the first round.

Drafting any QB in this draft besides Kizer, period.

I'd say taking Mitch Trubisky is the worst case scenario.  To mean it would indicate after 3 years, Mac literally doesnt have a ******* clue about the draft.  You dont draft a QB trying to defy all odds at #6.

2nd worst case scenario would taking a one system, down hill RB who has motivation concerns. 

3rd would be taking a 1 year wonder S who tried to quit Football multiple times.

Taking another DL wouldnt even be worse case scenario, it would just be comical. 

Failing to acquire extra picks. 
Still having Sheldon Richardson on the roster after the draft.
Failing to address running back in the middle rounds. 
Drafting a RB in the first round.
Failing to draft some offensive line help. 
Failing to upgrade a terrible secondary.
Drafting any QB in this draft in the first round.
Drafting any QB in this draft besides Kizer, period.

Wow you didn't give yourself much chance in not being disappointed. I'd say at least 1/2 of those things listed could come to fruition. Good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I'd say taking Mitch Trubisky is the worst case scenario.  To mean it would indicate after 3 years, Mac literally doesnt have a ******* clue about the draft.  You dont draft a QB trying to defy all odds at #6.

2nd worst case scenario would taking a one system, down hill RB who has motivation concerns. 

3rd would be taking a 1 year wonder S who tried to quit Football multiple times.

Taking another DL wouldnt even be worse case scenario, it would just be comical. 

Who is the safety that tried to quit football multiple times?

On 4/18/2017 at 2:55 PM, bigalbarracuda said:

Failing to trade down and taking Lattimore (CB with hamstring and durability issues when the CB class is deeeeeep). Milliner 2.0 

This. I would NEVER draft a CB in the first round with a soft tissue injury history.

32 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

We pass on Mahomes, so I'm already preparing for disappointment.

Taking Watson, Trubisky, or Kizer in this draft anywhere is worst case scenario for me, I am also prepared to be disappointed by missing on Mahomes, and if they stay at 6 I would completely understand, but if they trade down to 12, or further then I'd be less understanding, I think that is where Mahomes goes in the 10-24 range.

On 4/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, Lupz27 said:

Taking Watson, Trubisky, or Kizer in this draft anywhere is worst case scenario for me, I am also prepared to be disappointed by missing on Mahomes, and if they stay at 6 I would completely understand, but if they trade down to 12, or further then I'd be less understanding, I think that is where Mahomes goes in the 10-24 range.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551576

According to this guy, Jets are attempting to trade down so they can take Mahomes. He might just be getting smokescreens though. Enough to get my hopes up so I can get disappointed on draft day though lol.

6 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=551576

According to this guy, Jets are attempting to trade down so they can take Mahomes. He might just be getting smokescreens though. Enough to get my hopes up so I can get disappointed on draft day though lol.

I'm glad to hear this rumor even if it has no basis of fact.  I'm not saying that's the case btw, just that I don't care either way - lol.  In short, it keeps the dream alive!  Even if he ends up being a bust, he'll be fun to watch and we'll have a better shot at Darnold next year.

Things I would hate:

Disclaimer: I fully admit I'm very far from an expert on this stuff.  Basically I read opinions from the so-called "experts" and have formed an opinion based on their opinions.  Adding to that, I have "pre-draft fever" where I have strong opinions on players I don't really know that well (but hey that's the fun of it draft season!)

-Drafting Watson or Trubisky at #6.  Watson weak arm and inaccurate. Trubisky not enough experience and not worth the gamble that high.

-The Patriots somehow trading up for Christian McCaffrey.  I don't think this will happen but he just sounds like the kind of guy they always get (white slot WR - I know he's a RB but I've heard Brett Kollman talk about him as also a slot WR)

-The Jets not getting Mahomes.  

-Mahomes going to a rival (Buffalo?  Miami?)  Heck even though I don't dislike the Giants, it would be painful to see him starting every week in NY but not for the Jets.  Then again, I'd like to follow his career so if we don't draft him at least I'd get to watch him every week.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm glad to hear this rumor even if it has no basis of fact.  I'm not saying that's the case btw, just that I don't care either way - lol.  In short, it keeps the dream alive!  Even if he ends up being a bust, he'll be fun to watch and we'll have a better shot at Darnold next year.

Apparently, the guy is a scout and has been in war rooms. He earlier reported that Carolina was talking with the 49ers to trade up and later that day, other reports came out mentioning how the 49ers wanted to trade down. Seems credible, but it might just be smokescreens, hence just what he's hearing from other NFL scouts/fo people. He's been apparently posting info on that board for a while now and they seem to think he's credible/an insider.

Edit: He mention how teams are high on McCraffrey/Saints and 49ers want him, and now Jeremiah is reporting that McCraffrey's name is heating up. Definitely seems credible/has talked to people around the league.

Archived