Ex-New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

jackhuntr

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don't know why this depresses me so much but it does. Young, impressionable kids get wrapped up in stupid sh*t all the time. 

Sorry man, but I don't buy that for a second in Hernandez's case.  This wasn't a 15 YO kid who was caught up in/pressured into being a gang banger, and someone got killed in a fight.

This was a millionaire who was also a psycho.  He enjoyed the things he did, and repeatedly did them for no real reason.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fine line between getting wrapped up in dumb sh*t and being a homicidal maniac. 

I don't necessarily consider gang related murder on par with a serial homicidal killer or rapist, a la someone who preys on innocent victims. Not saying he didn't deserve his sentence or even death but I do have a sincere sympathy when these guys are indoctrinated into it during their youth. 

As opposed to some ****nut who just likes killing or raping innocent random people. 

Just now, HessStation said:

I don't necessarily consider gang related murder on par with a serial homicidal killer or rapist, a la someone who preys on innocent victims. Not saying he didn't deserve his sentence or even death but I do have a sincere sympathy when these guys are indoctrinated into it during their youth. 

As opposed to some ****nut who just likes killing or raping innocent random people. 

He killed two people in Boston because they spilled a drink on him. He preyed on everyone.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Huh?  Those people he killed werent innocent?  What was their crime that deserved death?

You have sympathy for a man who had every thing in the world in front of him but chose to execution style murdered people but Joe Mixon is the devil?  

Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  Those people he killed werent innocent?  What was their crime that deserved death?

You have sympathy for a man who had every thing in the world in front of him but chose to execution style murdered people but Joe Mixon is the devil?  

And the reason he killed Odin Lloyd was because he knew about the two guys he shot in Boston for no reason. This wasn't typical gang banging stuff. The guy just had no remorse for anyone.

When I heard it I was shocked esp since he basically won the case last week. And his lawyer Jose Baez is a very successful trial lawyer and predicted that he could turn over the earlier conviction. You really don't know what was going on in Aaron's mind esp the past few years in prison. He apparently had a rough time there and had fights etc. Obviously he could hold his own. Hernandez was only 27. I don't know if he really killed anyone. People who knew him said he started going downhill after his dad died. He had no direction. I just feel sorry for the guy. I don't excuse murder. LIfe imprisonment to me is a fair sentence. I'm against the death penalty. I feel more sorry for his victims (if there are any) than I do for Aaron. But this news was not something I wanted to hear. It's a sad day. Esp for his kid. I saw Hernandez waiving to her in court. 

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He killed two people in Boston because they spilled a drink on him. He preyed on everyone.

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

Fair enough. I had to revisit the story and you guys are prob closer to right than I am. I thought I remembered what happened go a little different and always figured it was maybe more gang related than it could have been. 

And yes, Joe Mixon is still a ******* scumbag JiF. I don't wish him dead though just not on the Jets.

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

When I heard it I was shocked esp since he basically won the case last week. And his lawyer Jose Baez is a very successful trial lawyer and predicted that he could turn over the earlier conviction. You really don't know what was going on in Aaron's mind esp the past few years in prison. He apparently had a rough time there and had fights etc. Obviously he could hold his own. Hernandez was only 27. I don't know if he really killed anyone. People who knew him said he started going downhill after his dad died. He had no direction. I just feel sorry for the guy. I don't excuse murder. LIfe imprisonment to me is a fair sentence. I'm against the death penalty. I feel more sorry for his victims (if there are any) than I do for Aaron. But this news was not something I wanted to hear. It's a sad day. Esp for his kid. I saw Hernandez waiving to her in court. 

Sorta where I'm at too...

6 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Fair enough. I had to revisit the story and you guys are prob closer to right than I am. I thought I remembered what happened go a little different and always figured it was maybe more gang related than it could have been. 

And yes, Joe Mixon is still a ******* scumbag JiF. I don't wish him dead though just not on the Jets.

The guy was ODog from Menance 2 Society. The excuses being made here are a tad bizzare to say the least

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

9b6685a9b4a00a0948c3d904029252a7.jpg

bos_a_krafthern_800.jpg

Tom+Brady+Aaron+Hernandez+New+Orleans+Sa

Ah yes, the team that knew all about his gang affiliation and violent tendencies and drafted him anyway,. And I get that gang affiliation can be understandable for some players if they are from a low income area that has crime and drug dealing (which is just about all). But apparently, it was pretty well known that he had a more than casual level of gang participation and a number of violent incidents in college. 

Patriots didn't care. 

25 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

well if he lived every last penny of his was going to go to lawyer fees.  now she might actually get something.  

just saw that his suicide protects his estate from civil litigation. Well there you go basically..

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

I hope things work out for his 4-year-old daughter.

Having to come to terms when you're older with the fact that your dad murdered people and then took his own life in prison is bad enough, but also having to cope with the inevitable stigma of being the daughter of someone this infamous is going to be one hell of a weight. I would like to think that society has progressed far enough to where she won't have to bottle all of this sh*t up when she gets older, but judging by some of the posts in this thread, we have not.

1 hour ago, Green DNA said:

I just bought it on EBay.

You going to cut it into 3 inch or 4 inch squares? I'd go with 3"  - you'll want to make sure they flush well if you have to use multiples with a big turd ..

I'm actually kind of surprised that he killed himself.  Characters like Hernandez usually thrive in prison better then they do on the outside.

In our current overcrowded prison system he would be fairly high in the pecking order of respect. He's clearly a very dangerous man.  That would generate some fear, and respect with 90% of the population.

He's affiliated with a street gang which means he would have a good deal of "brothers" around him to help protect him, and terrorize anyone who crossed him.  Lots of respect, sex, and drugs are not a problem.

Perhaps that because he was a millionaire depressed him    

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I'm actually kind of surprised that he killed himself.  Characters like Hernandez usually thrive in prison better then they do on the outside.

In our current overcrowded prison system he would be fairly high in the pecking order of respect. He's clearly a very dangerous man.  That would generate some fear, and respect with 90% of the population.

He's affiliated with a street gang which means he would have a good deal of "brothers" around him to help protect him, and terrorize anyone who crossed him.  Lots of respect, sex, and drugs are not a problem.

Perhaps that because he was a millionaire depressed him    

Suicide protected his estate. The two families of the drive by shooting victims were going to take his family to the cleaners if he hadn't killed himself.

Archived