Ex-New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez commits suicide in prison

jackhuntr

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, August said:

He might've been killed rather than suicide. 

Guys like Hernandez don't usually get killed in prison.  They have protection around them.   Guys like OJ  do.  They are a target for another lifer to make his rep with very little reprisal.  Kill Hernandez, and another gang banger is going to kill you

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Suicide protected his estate. The two families of the drive by shooting victims were going to take his family to the cleaners if he hadn't killed himself.

Cite your source please, because that's complete B.S.  

Suicide does not protect next of kin from civil litigation any more or less than natural death protects next of kin from civil litigation.

If you cannot sue the dead, you go after the dead's assets and whomever gets those assets.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cite your source please, because that's complete B.S.  

Suicide does not protect next of kin from civil litigation any more or less than natural death protects next of kin from civil litigation.

If you cannot sue the dead, you go after the dead's assets and whomever gets those assets.  

3 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Does anyone really think he committed suicide? Oh well at least they won't have to waste money by supporting this POS for life. See ya!

Would make sense if he got murdered.  Even in prison he wasn't well liked.  #PatriotWay

12 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Guys like Hernandez don't usually get killed in prison.  They have protection around them.   Guys like OJ  do.  They are a target for another lifer to make his rep with very little reprisal.  Kill Hernandez, and another gang banger is going to kill you

Either way they found a way to get to him. I'm not buying the suicide story. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I don't know why this depresses me so much but it does. Young, impressionable kids get wrapped up in stupid sh*t all the time. 

He was involved in 7 different murders.  This isn't primarily an environmental locus of control.  This was a sociopath and pure evil in a human's body.

No one likes to think that DNA = Destiny.  But it makes up about 55-60 % of who we are.  And Hernandez was f*cked up from the start.

His brother, who grew up in the same environment without a Dad, turned out fine. 

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I don't necessarily consider gang related murder on par with a serial homicidal killer or rapist, a la someone who preys on innocent victims. Not saying he didn't deserve his sentence or even death but I do have a sincere sympathy when these guys are indoctrinated into it during their youth. 

As opposed to some ****nut who just likes killing or raping innocent random people. 

He once threatened to murder Wes Welker as a rookie.  Does that sound like a guy who only turned bad because of gang influence?

6 minutes ago, August said:

Either way they found a way to get to him. I'm not buying the suicide story. 

I do.  He was in a single cell in GP.  Probably because of the court dates.  He barricaded the door, with no one else in the cell, so no one could interfere.   To forcibly get a guy Hernandez's size and strength to hang himself would require several men, caused a big ruckus, and left many marks.

If someone wanted to murder him it would have been a lot easier when he returned to GP ,  

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I do.  He was in a single cell in GP.  Probably because of the court dates.  He barricaded the door, with no one else in the cell, so no one could interfere.   To forcibly get a guy Hernandez's size and strength to hang himself would require several men, caused a big ruckus, and left many marks.

If someone wanted to murder him it would have been a lot easier when he returned to GP ,  

Well I don't. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Having to come to terms when you're older with the fact that your dad murdered people and then took his own life in prison is bad enough, but also having to cope with the inevitable stigma of being the daughter of someone this infamous is going to be one hell of a weight. I would like to think that society has progressed far enough to where she won't have to bottle all of this sh*t up when she gets older, but judging by some of the posts in this thread, we have not.

Yeah, definitely not.

6 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's always tough to see a young person throw their life away.  he was a thug and a patsie and he certainly deserved his punishment but still....

He murdered others and was a violent prick.  

I'm disappointed he killed himself, but only because a life in jail be raped on the regular seems like a more fitting punishment.

Hell, if he was religious, he could've pulled this trick and he's chillin' now.

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Their  'protection' does not put them out of reach from Corrections Officers...IJS...my oldest daughter had an ex-boyfriend who found that out the hard way; he got himself incarcerated in Akron, OH and did something to piss guards off...the official story is that he had conflict with some guards returning to his cell from the prison infirmary; the following morning, he was found in his cell, not breathing and unresponsive but no one knows what happened. The cameras that should have captured who went in and out of his cell had no data from the overnight period and the "investigation" found no evidence of any foul play.

In prison, other prisoners are the least of your worries...

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's always tough to see a young person throw their life away.  he was a thug and a patsie and he certainly deserved his punishment but still....

This wasn't a disadvantaged youth with emotional problems, who killed another gang banger in some type of violent dispute.  

This guy, with premeditation, murdered two guys because one of them accidentally spilled a drink on him in a club.  Then later shot his best friend in the face, and left him for dead because he witnessed it.  later execution  style murdered another best friend because he spoke to rival gang bangers.

Really struggle to get ANY sympathy up   

2 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Their  'protection' does not put them out of reach from Corrections Officers...IJS...my oldest daughter had an ex-boyfriend who found that out the hard way; he got himself incarcerated in Akron, OH and did something to piss guards off...the official story is that he had conflict with some guards returning to his cell from the prison infirmary; the following morning, he was found in his cell, not breathing and unresponsive but no one knows what happened. The cameras that should have captured who went in and out of his cell had no data from the overnight period and the "investigation" found no evidence of any foul play.

Don't know the details of your story, might have OD'ed.  The bolded part just isn't true.  For the most part the CO's are scared to death of the prison gangs 

8 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Don't know if you have ever seen it, but there is a reality show on about the first year of a CO's on the job.

A majority of them don't make the first year, even though they are well paid.  They are terrorized of the inmates.  Out of prison attacks happen to them and their families by other gang bangers because of some grievance inside.

Any act of force has a hearing.  Not to say there aren't violent turn keys, but I think your scenario with a high profile  prisoner is a major reach  

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Don't know the details of your story, might have OD'ed.  The bolded part just isn't true.  For the most part the CO's are scared to death of the prison gangs 

The CO's *are* a prison gang...the baddest one in there...and they don't have to manufacture small hand weapons and hide them...not to mention when they go to put the beatdown on someone, there is no one who can be called to stop them. Just because you dont want to believe that CO's are a threat to inmates doesn't mean it isn't true.

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Man, you guys watch a lot of TV. 

I don't watch much beyond sports...but I have an aunt who retired from being a Riker's island CO, 2 cousins who are still working there as CO's and another cousin who is a CO working at the Nassau County jail in East Meadow. They are about disproportionate punishment because they are so outnumbered; when they take down a prisoner they make sure the other prisoners watching know that if they want to ride that train, the tickets will be really expensive...most find them more expensive than they are willing to pay...

26 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

I don't watch much beyond sports...but I have an aunt who retired from being a Riker's island CO, 2 cousins who are still working there as CO's and another cousin who is a CO working at the Nassau County jail in East Meadow. They are about disproportionate punishment because they are so outnumbered; when they take down a prisoner they make sure the other prisoners watching know that if they want to ride that train, the tickets will be really expensive...most find them more expensive than they are willing to pay...

Hopefully some positive changes coming for their working conditions over the next decade. The Rikers report issued a few weeks back was horrific. Sleeping in their cars...etc.

Archived