Draft Rumors

C Mart

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Westhoff wants them to take Foster with the 6th if they can't trade down. Interesting because what you could do is slide Lee to OLB and there's your speed pass rusher. I don't think they would do it, but it is an interesting possibility 

then i'm glad he's not in the war room anymore.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Westhoff wants them to take Foster with the 6th if they can't trade down. Interesting because what you could do is slide Lee to OLB and there's your speed pass rusher. I don't think they would do it, but it is an interesting possibility 

Heard him say he wouldn't like Howard at 6...I know he was only asked about the #6 pick but he was critical of the Jets '16 draft because they didn't pick a TE, which he felt was a need position, especially w/the Hack pick.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If the Jets take an ilb at 6, a year after taking an ilb at 20 I am done with this team.  (yeah i'm lying here)

Lets; see Lee sucks as a play making ilb so lets switch him to olb when he has zero pass rushing moves, not long arms and is anything but a prototypical olb pass rusher.

I would be enraged if we took Foster at all let alone at 6.

5 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Lee isn't a 3-4 edge rusher. He'd get engulfed by tackles and destroyed trying to set the edge. Really a 4-3 WLB but he's an ILB in the 3-4 all day. Foster is a Harris replacement. Not sure why you'd build a defense around ILB's though.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

Lee isn't a 3-4 edge rusher. He'd get engulfed by tackles and destroyed trying to set the edge. Really a 4-3 WLB but he's an ILB in the 3-4 all day. Foster is a Harris replacement. Not sure why you'd build a defense around ILB's though.

Foster is not really a Mike either...both Lee and Foster are WILL

So I would pass on Foster

go for one of the other Mike later on

12 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is some seriously dumb sh*t from Westy.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If the Jets take an ilb at 6, a year after taking an ilb at 20 I am done with this team.  (yeah i'm lying here)

Lets; see Lee sucks as a play making ilb so lets switch him to olb when he has zero pass rushing moves, not long arms and is anything but a prototypical olb pass rusher.

I would be enraged if we took Foster at all let alone at 6.

It'd be pretty amusing to take Foster at 6 and Davis Webb in the second round.

Eagles Infatuated with Christian McCaffrey?

Sources tell me the Philadelphia Eagles are infatuated with skill prospect Christian McCaffrey but realize they’ll likely have to trade up ahead of the Carolina Panthers in order to draft him.

The sixth pick, presently owned by the New York Jets, is in play, but the question is do the Eagles have enough ammunition to move up?

http://draftanalyst.com/da-draft-buzz-notes-drafts-first-day

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers beat the Panthers to the punch on selecting Christian McCaffrey

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Sources tell me the Philadelphia Eagles are infatuated with skill prospect Christian McCaffrey but realize they’ll likely have to trade up ahead of the Carolina Panthers in order to draft him.

The sixth pick, presently owned by the New York Jets, is in play, but the question is do the Eagles have enough ammunition to move up?

Wouldn't be shocked if the Chargers beat the Panthers to the punch on selecting Christian McCaffrey

man i hope one of these teams trades up with us.  i wouldn't mind falling back into the teens and getting picks galore.  tomorrow night would be a blast, presumably.

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

I'd call Carolina, and try to snake a 3rd from them, worst case recoup the 4th rounder we don't have to swap back to 8.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

man i hope one of these teams trades up with us.  i wouldn't mind falling back into the teens and getting picks galore.  tomorrow night would be a blast, presumably.

If you're a Mahomes fan (not sure if you are) the eagles draft after the Cardinals (who are rumored to be in on Mahomes) do 

Mcaffrey's become the X factor. I think he's easily BPA at 6 and looks like you may have teams looking to trade up. 

The crisis will be -- do u trade down and pass a possibly generational talent or take him.

Is McCaffery really the 6th best player in the draft or is everyone just all of a sudden 48 hours before the draft buying into this insane predraft hype surrounding him.

He might be great but my god, at 6?  No F'ing way.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is McCaffery really the 6th best player in the draft or is everyone just all of a sudden 48 hours before the draft buying into this insane predraft hype surrounding him.

He might be great but my god, at 6?  No F'ing way.

He's a great luxury pick to a team that thinks they might be close. That is not us. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

This  John Robinson dude learned a lot from BB...he's made trades galore since taking over and has a team heading in the right direction. 

It's not hard to be a GM in this league if you luck up and have a franchise QB.

Right now Macc sucks.  But if he survives this year and lands Darnold in the next draft, he can look like a genius as well.

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Mcaffrey's become the X factor. I think he's easily BPA at 6 and looks like you may have teams looking to trade up. 

The crisis will be -- do u trade down and pass a possibly generational talent or take him.

Lol, all along McCaffrey was thought to be the 3rd best back in this draft. Now he's apparently a generational talent.

It amazes me how the draft process morphs and warps things where a guy like Watson, who everyone was talking about going #1 following his dismantling of Bama in the title game, is now talked about as an overhyped scrub, and a nice player like McCaffrey, who I like, is all the sudden a generational talent. Lol

This crap happens every year.

Archived