Maxman

The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He might not start. That will be determined in preseason

....then things get worse. 

Petty won't be ready by preseason, even if he is he likely will be sore and rusty.  So we're looking at a Hack vs. Clown battle all July and August, no way McCown can go 4-1, very very unlikely Hackenberg can go 2-3.

What is it with Pollyanna Jets fans?  Cray cray.

SAR I

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Just now, SAR I said:

He's have gone 8-8 with a couple of bounces and if we didn't give Bryce Petty a tryout.

That's not a "bad" year.  That's a competent year.  The QB's we have now are incompetent.  And don't get me started on the head coach.  And don't even talk about the OC or the QB coach either.  I'm attending all the preseason games, even the ones on the road.  It's the only competitive play we're going to see all season.

SAR I

It all comes back to this point. The Jets had the worst QB play in the league last year and the worst secondary.

And they won 5 games. Don't care how. They won 5 games.

The Parcells Theorem. You are what you're record says you are

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

....then things get worse. 

Petty won't be ready by preseason, even if he is he likely will be sore and rusty.  So we're looking at a Hack vs. Clown battle all July and August, no way McCown can go 4-1, very very unlikely Hackenberg can go 2-3.

What is it with Pollyanna Jets fans?  Cray cray.

SAR I

Nothing to do with Pollyanna. It's logic. I still the Jets are going to win only 5-7 games. But their early schedule is pretty light IMO

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It all comes back to this point. The Jets had the worst QB play in the league last year and the worst secondary.

And they won 5 games. Don't care how. They won 5 games.

The Parcells Theorem. You are what you're record says you are

This.  Hey, I'm all for a rebuild if that's what they want to do.  Why not?  Not like the Patriots are letting us out of their tractor beam anytime soon. 

But the real reason we are about to go 3-13 isn't because of the core of the team; it's because of the quarterback.  The only thing preventing us from a realistic shot at a 4-1 start and an outside shot at a 9-7 wildcard is the fact that we stubbornly kicked Ryan Fitzpatrick to the curb to appease numbskull Jets fans who always blame the wrong guy and never admit when they are wrong.  You'd think they'd have learned after their knee-jerk Sanchez overreaction which led to our worst era since Kotite.  Geniuses.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.  Hey, I'm all for a rebuild if that's what they want to do.  Why not?  Not like the Patriots are letting us out of their tractor beam anytime soon. 

But the real reason we are about to go 3-13 isn't because of the core of the team; it's because of the quarterback.  The only thing preventing us from a realistic shot at a 4-1 start and an outside shot at a 9-7 wildcard is the fact that we stubbornly kicked Ryan Fitzpatrick to the curb to appease numbskull Jets fans who always blame the wrong guy and never admit when they are wrong.  You'd think they'd have learned after their knee-jerk Sanchez overreaction which led to our worst era since Kotite.  Geniuses.

SAR I

Agreed. This all could have been prevented if we kept Mark Sanchez.

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Nothing to do with Pollyanna. It's logic.

No, it is Pollyanna.  Here's why:

2017 is the first year since 1997 where we don't have a quarterback going into the season and the fans are not coming to grips with it.  For the last 20 years heading into camp we have always had a reason to feel good about the QB position:

1998-2001 we had Vinny Testaverde.  Always hopeful at the start of each season as he'd proven himself worthy and could make all the throws.

2002-2007 we had Chad Pennington.  Always hopeful at the start of each season as he'd had some success, won playoff games, was a respected team leader, played smart.

2008 we had Brett Favre.  Made the NFC Championship Game the year prior, felt surprising and exciting, knew we were in for a fun season.

2009-2012 we had Mark Sanchez.  Early stunning success, big playoff wins, a young kid on the rise, his trajectory felt good entering those seasons.

2013-2014 we had Geno Smith.  He went 8-8, we were optimistic for both years going in.

2015-2016 we had Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Shockingly went 10-5, followed up with a year that we knew was going to be hard but most felt would lead us close to a wildcard.

2017 we have Josh McCown who is 2-20 in his last 22 NFL starts spanning 3 years.  We have Bryce Petty who looked weak before he injured his throwing arm.  We have Christian Hackenberg who most feel shouldn't have even made an NFL roster.

Pollyanna is expecting the 2017 offseason abyss to play out like the last 20 years where things felt good going into the summer.  It's not happening.  It needs to start being accepted as truth.  We have no quarterback.  We are in waters uncharted since 1997.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Agreed. This all could have been prevented if we kept Mark Sanchez.

Sounds funny as a curt social media comeback, but you are correct.

The strongest quarterback prospect the Jets had unearthed since Joe Namath, who knows what he might have matured into with the right coaching and the right young personnel for him to bond with.  What we do know is how bad we've been since his departure.  Wouldn't have been any worse, likely would have been better.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

2017 is the first year since 1997 where we don't have a quarterback going into the season and the fans are not coming to grips with it.  For the last 20 years heading into camp we have always had a reason to feel good about the QB position:

1998-2001 we had Vinny Testaverde.  Always hopeful at the start of each season as he'd proven himself worthy and could make all the throws.

2002-2007 we had Chad Pennington.  Always hopeful at the start of each season as he'd had some success, won playoff games, was a respected team leader, played smart.

2008 we had Brett Favre.  Made the NFC Championship Game the year prior, felt surprising and exciting, knew we were in for a fun season.

2009-2012 we had Mark Sanchez.  Early stunning success, big playoff wins, a young kid on the rise, his trajectory felt good entering those seasons.

2013-2014 we had Geno Smith.  He went 8-8, we were optimistic for both years going in.

2015-2016 we had Ryan Fitzpatrick.  Shockingly went 10-5, followed up with a year that we knew was going to be hard but most felt would lead us close to a wildcard.

2017 we have Josh McCown who is 2-20 in his last 22 NFL starts spanning 3 years.  We have Bryce Petty who looked weak before he injured his throwing arm.  We have Christian Hackenberg who most feel shouldn't have even made an NFL roster.

Pollyanna is expecting the 2017 offseason abyss to play out like the last 20 years where things felt good going into the summer.  It's not happening.  It needs to start being accepted as truth.  We have no quarterback.  We are in waters uncharted since 1997.

SAR I

he injured his NON throwing shoulder and looks fine to me

50 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

766c0b9a9b937c8fcef494420af4ebb1.jpg

16 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

[Meme]

Since Mark Sanchez was run out of town, the New York Jets are 27-37, have had 1 winning season in 4 tries, have not made the playoffs, and have led to the resurgences of the Giants and Dolphins. 

Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown, working our way steadily down the ladder of success.  Laugh it up.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

INT_3.0.gif

zfcj7xu.gif

giphy.gif

INT_6.0.gif

Penn-State-GIF.gif

Is Hackenberg gonna switch his number to #14? I hope so! That's really been a winner for Jets' QBs over the years. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Wait a minute, things felt good going into the summer?

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Never touched a drug in my life.

After a topic like this, I encourage you to try. :lol:

All in good fun. Who knows, you might be right. I hope not. I want the Jets picking #1

3 hours ago, slats said:

Is Hackenberg gonna switch his number to #14? I hope so! That's really been a winner for Jets' QBs over the years. 

I cannot watch any Jets in #14 or #7.  F Richard Todd.  F Geno Smith.

SAR I

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Wait a minute, things felt good going into the summer?

In those seasons, at the quarterback position, yes.  Hey, we never had a great quarterback, of course.  Was it good enough?  Of course not.

That said, the fact remains that the era of Testaverde to Pennington to Favre to Sanchez was the best 15 year stretch at that position in team history.  Each summer leading up to those seasons we felt we had a competent player at the position.

This season, the abyss.  This season we find out what it's like to be the Cleveland Browns since Kosar.  Reminder, they are still trying to find a guy just at the level of the four Jets mentioned above after 25 years of trying.

SAR I

3 hours ago, slats said:

14 was also Petty's number at Baylor.

Too many question marks for me to agree with the Max's forecast of 4W and 1L.  

Will Kelvin Beachum, Morris Claiborne and Josh McCown stay healthy, if they manage to start ?

The Ryan Clady experiment last year reminds me how hard it is to expect a player with an extensive injury history to stay healthy.

I'm not as excited about Justin Burris talent as some are. Will Eric Decker stay healthy if he is still on the team ?

Decker could be a difference maker and a security blanket for our young qbs.  Excited to see more of Robbie Anderson.

Who the Jets choose at 6 (if they stay there) will tell us what the Jets truly think of Hackenberg.

If they draft a QB anywhere in the first round, it means they can't wait for 2018 and they are not hopeful for Hackenberg.

If we don't draft a qb, the rumours may be true that the front office feel confident in Hackenberg to prove the cynics wrong.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Mark Sanchez was run out of town, the New York Jets are 27-37, have had 1 winning season in 4 tries, have not made the playoffs, and have led to the resurgences of the Giants and Dolphins. 

Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown, working our way steadily down the ladder of success.  Laugh it up.

SAR I

We haven't had a good QB since Favre.  We need to draft a QB every year til we get a good one.

21 hours ago, Maxman said:

They are probably going to drop the week 2 game in Oakland. But will start 4 and 1.

That week 5 game vs the Patriots will be for first place.

You know what?     I LOVE DAY-DRINKING TOO!

1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

Too many question marks for me to agree with the Max's forecast of 4W and 1L.  

Will Kelvin Beachum, Morris Claiborne and Josh McCown stay healthy, if they manage to start ?

The Ryan Clady experiment last year reminds me how hard it is to expect a player with an extensive injury history to stay healthy.

I'm not as excited about Justin Burris talent as some are. Will Eric Decker stay healthy if he is still on the team ?

Decker could be a difference maker and a security blanket for our young qbs.  Excited to see more of Robbie Anderson.

Who the Jets choose at 6 (if they stay there) will tell us what the Jets truly think of Hackenberg.

If they draft a QB anywhere in the first round, it means they can't wait for 2018 and they are not hopeful for Hackenberg.

If we don't draft a qb, the rumours may be true that the front office feel confident in Hackenberg to prove the cynics wrong.

I am really hoping that McCown doesn't end up starting.

Yes on the wide receivers.

And definitely yes, a QB in round one this year would tell us that they don't believe in Hack at all.

12 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I like the post Max. I like to be positive at the beginning of every season. They have a lot of young talent that could turn into good potential. Petty in his 3rd year, Hack in his 2nd. Receivers could break out. New OC. With some good DP's and maybe a couple pickups this team could be competitive and win some games. 

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

no one has watched them play football in 2017 because they were terrible and didn't make the playoffs.

Exactly. Which is why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still looking for a job. Now that he is gone, they can move forward.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think you forget that we didn't resign Ryan Fitzpatrick who won 13 of his last 27 starts.

The new guy, he has won 2 of his last 22 starts.

SAR I

I don't believe McCown is going to be the week one starter.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's have gone 8-8 with a couple of bounces and if we didn't give Bryce Petty a tryout.

That's not a "bad" year.  That's a competent year.  The QB's we have now are incompetent.  And don't get me started on the head coach.  And don't even talk about the OC or the QB coach either.  I'm attending all the preseason games, even the ones on the road.  It's the only competitive play we're going to see all season.

SAR I

Your evaluation of the QB position is scary. Like an episode of Criminal Minds scary.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sounds funny as a curt social media comeback, but you are correct.

The strongest quarterback prospect the Jets had unearthed since Joe Namath, who knows what he might have matured into with the right coaching and the right young personnel for him to bond with.  What we do know is how bad we've been since his departure.  Wouldn't have been any worse, likely would have been better.

SAR I

John Elway knows a thing or two about QBs. How did that Sanchez kid do in Denver? I don't have the NFL package so I wasn't able to see him play there.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

We haven't had a good QB since Favre.  We need to draft a QB every year til we get a good one.

Totally agree

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am really hoping that McCown doesn't end up starting.

Yes on the wide receivers.

And definitely yes, a QB in round one this year would tell us that they don't believe in Hack at all.

Petty will probably be the week 1 starter even though McCown will outplay him in TC and preseason

Hack doesn't stand a chance

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

Petty will probably be the week 1 starter even though McCown will outplay him in TC and preseason

Hack doesn't stand a chance

I would be fine with Petty getting better this year and hopefully finding a way to stay healthy. Good arm, hopefully the injury doesn't set him back too far.

I would be surprised if jets are better than 1-4 after first 5 games. Unless petty and hack really show something this looks like a 2-4 win season.