The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

Maxman

Bills, raiders (I'll give them a pass) dolphins, jaguars, and browns....what exactly have they done to be considered locks to beat us on any given Sunday?  
On a side note, at least we will know immediately  if the tank is on if we go 0-5 to start the season....those teams are as "bad" as we are 

Forget about their roster for a moment and think about the coaching staff?

It would rock if suddenly the coaching gets it but until then the Jets are worse than those teams.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, bitonti said:

4. The reason Maxman will finally have to change his username

JetNation usernames are like domain names. Reserve them early. I am going to get:

Hack_Is_The_Truth right now. :)

• 4 months later...

So....I got so much crap for starting this thread. I was told that the Jets wouldn't win any games. I was told I was trolling my own board. But I was serious and I have said it a million times, this defense will win 6 games by themselves.

Guess what? The Jets are going to Cleveland and coming home with a win. So I was one game off. 

When I said 4 and 1 people called me insane. So they start 3 and 2 in a season where people said they would go 0 and 16.

I am really impressed with the revised coaching staff. They are playing to the strengths of the roster. The offensive line is much better than people expected and there is young talent on this roster.

The stadium was great today. 3 and 2 isn't a bad start when you are in full rebuild mode.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So....I got so much crap for starting this thread. I was told that the Jets wouldn't win any games. I was told I was trolling my own board. But I was serious and I have said it a million times, this defense will win 6 games by themselves.

Guess what? The Jets are going to Cleveland and coming home with a win. So I was one game off. 

When I said 4 and 1 people called me insane. So they start 3 and 2 in a season where people said they would go 0 and 16.

I am really impressed with the revised coaching staff. They are playing to the strengths of the roster. The offensive line is much better than people expected and there is young talent on this roster.

The stadium was great today. 3 and 2 isn't a bad start when you are in full rebuild mode.

3-2 is not exactly a given even against Cleveland. The jets have been brutal on the road lately. 

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Serious question; how confident are you in our chances against the Pats on a scale of:

We make Tom Brady cry -----------------------------------------------------> Todd Bowles personally rips off Belichick's head and sh*ts down his neck in front of the whole stadium

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

3-2 is not exactly a given even against Cleveland. The jets have been brutal on the road lately. 

The Jets got this one.

Then they play the Pats and Dolphins. 4 and 3 anyone?

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Serious question; how confident are you in our chances against the Pats on a scale of:

We make Tom Brady cry -----------------------------------------------------> Todd Bowles personally rips off Belichick's head and sh*ts down his neck in front of the whole stadium

How confident I am doesn't matter. I will make two promises about what I can control.

1. I will be the first person at the stadium the day of that game. I will submit proof of this.

2. Any Patriots fans around me won't be comfortable rooting for the Pats regardless of the score.

22 minutes ago, Maxman said:

How confident I am doesn't matter. I will make two promises about what I can control.

1. I will be the first person at the stadium the day of that game. I will submit proof of this.

2. Any Patriots fans around me won't be comfortable rooting for the Pats regardless of the score.

Max, if you're going to break in to the stadium to leave motivational quotes painted on the walls inside the locker room, at least don't document your crime. You can't be the phenomenal admin that you are behind bars.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

Max, if you're going to break in to the stadium to leave motivational quotes painted on the walls inside the locker room, at least don't document your crime. You can't be the phenomenal admin that you are behind bars.

Definitely not breaking in lol.

Everyone is quick to rip into me. But with the Jets heading towards 3 and 2 I am shocked this thread doesn't have more posts. People said they wouldn't win 3 games all year.

They are about to win 3 of the first 5.

Worst roster in the league. Todd Bowles is the worst coach in the league.

I strongly disagree on both counts.

Looking forward to Macc and Bowles both being back next year, another thing people swore wouldn't happen.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Everyone is quick to rip into me. But with the Jets heading towards 3 and 2 I am shocked this thread doesn't have more posts. People said they wouldn't win 3 games all year.

Looking forward to Macc and Bowles both being back next year, another thing people swore wouldn't happen.

If this were happening with Petty or Hack it would be great. I want to see more of Stewart, and Hanson also. We got to see Powell and McGuire only because Forte was hurt.

I would have liked to have seen these guys before the schedule gets tougher.

Bowles stated that he's staying out of the DC's way this year. As far as I can tell his only job is to make sure that that McCown, Kerley, and Forte get their touches, and make sure we don't try anything aggressive. 

That and his clock management.

It's all fine if he could lighten up a little. Young guys make mistakes but they also make big plays and change momentum. We need to start developing them sooner than later. 

If he can't do that he needs to go.

I can see Morton getting a HCing job by 2020. I would hope it would be with us. 

On 10/1/2017 at 11:33 PM, Maxman said:

2-3 is what the Jets will be. Book it. You will be two games off after five games played. Not so bueno.

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know I predicted 3-2 somewhere.  I know it!!!

On 10/4/2017 at 7:43 AM, Gastineau Lives said:

2-3 is what the Jets will be. Book it. You will be two games off after five games played. Not so bueno.

Wrong.

All your rooting didn't work I guess.  :)

EVERYONE LAUGHED AT THIS. Laughed. 

People tried taking my lunch money. I was bullied. My books were knocked out of my hands as I was changing classes.

Were it not for the fine JetNation security staff things would have been bad. But they stepped in, protected me and restored order.

Now hopefully people are starting to realize that:

1. Todd Bowles is a good coach. He brought in several good assistants this year. The team respects him and they are playing hard.

2. Macc isn't trying to tank.

3. The Jets are not terrible.

Funny how it works. But like I said, this season won't be as bad as predicted. This roster has some young talent on it. The offensive line is promising.

Just now, Maxman said:

People tried taking my lunch money. I was bullied. My books were knocked out of my hands as I was changing classes.

Were it not for the fine JetNation security staff things would have been bad. But they stepped in, protected me and restored order.

1. Todd Bowles is a good coach. He brought in several good assistants this year. The team respects him and they are playing hard.

Funny how it works. But like I said, this season won't be as bad as predicted. This roster has some young talent on it. The offensive line is promising.

How many wins they getting now? 10? 9? 8?

Where are they coming from?

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How many wins they getting now? 10? 9? 8?

Where are they coming from?

13 and 3 is looking like a possibility right now. Depends on how well Petty plays when he takes over for an injured McCown.

They either drop Petty's first game, or they rest the starters in week 17. So they might drop one of those two games.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Did you actually watch that game today . The Browns sacrificed a win for  Draft position like many around here want the Jets to do .  The funny thing is thou, the browns players were not in on the tank as much as their HC was . 

Just now, Tinstar said:

Did you actually watch that game today . The Browns sacrificed a win for  Draft position like many around here want the Jets to do .  The funny thing is thou, the browns players were not in on the tank as much as their HC was . 

I think I have watched every Jets game since 1984.

Thanks for asking though, I appreciate the concern.

The scene: inside the coach's club. MAXMAN snacks on crackers overloaded with king crab and brie, while sipping on a Perrier. He is approached by a man in a long-sleeve polo with the Morgan Stanley logo emblazoned on the left breast:

Morgan Stanley guy: How about these New York Football Jets, Phillip? Are we winning that World Series this year?

Maxman: Of course, Chutney! With the way McMahon is playing?! These PSLs were excellent investments, eh?

Chutney: Haha! My people write them off for me every year anyway! 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Not the same and you know it . The jets were outplayed in every asset of that game and the Browns HC decided to take 1 for the franchise . If he didn't, he will be fired before the midway point .

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The scene: inside the coach's club. MAXMAN snacks on crackers overloaded with king crab and brie, while sipping on a Perrier. He is approached by a man in a long-sleeve polo with the Morgan Stanley logo emblazoned on the left breast:

Morgan Stanley guy: How about these New York Football Jets, Phillip? Are we winning that World Series this year?

Maxman: Of course, Chutney! With the way McMahon is playing?! These PSLs were excellent investments, eh?

Chutney: Haha! My people write them off for me every year anyway! 

Narrative: The Jets are going to be the worst team in football.

Narrative Proven False.

New Narrative: Let's change the topic and start making jokes so people don't realize how wrong they are.  :)

Keep hating Tommy Boy. I sit in the lower level end zone, $2,500 PSL seats, two of them. Paying them off over 15 years, go the bill this week. Still have $3,284.21 left to pay them off. 

I will keep chipping away. Keep rooting for this team. Being a Jets fan means it will never be easy. That is what we signed up for. I am okay with that, quit isn't a word I use.

4 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Not the same and you know it . The jets were outplayed in every asset of that game and the Browns HC decided to take 1 for the franchise . If he didn't, he will be fired before the midway point .

The Browns head coach went for the win. The announcers agreed with his decision before the play.

The Browns are a bad team. But Hue Jackson isn't going to lose games on purpose. He has no interest in who the next QB is if he won't be here to coach that person.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:19 AM, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

just going down the schedule, I have 

Win at Buffalo

Loss at Raiders

Win vs Miami

Win Vs Jax

Win at Browns

??? vs Patriots

4-1 and a game for first place at home against New England.....will you guys be pissed that we aren't "sucking for Sam?"

At what point do the dreams of a franchise QB take a backseat to playing in meaningful games??  You never know in sports, remember how good the Mets were supposed to be this year and how bad the Yankees were gonna suck??

EDAB25F5-4030-4A1D-8C77-FF8B0EC31457.gif

The Jets are 3 and 2. (I said 4 and 1 and yes I was over zealous).

Anyhow people are now changing the story. They beat bad teams they say.

Guess what? Many of you spent all offseason telling us the Jets were the worst team. Not that they won 3 of the first 5 the story is changing yet none of the tank crowd is admitting they are wrong.

This is why you root for the Jets to win. because you are now mad when they win and when they lose. Why even be a football fan at that point?

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I've watched EVERY game since 1967. Probably explains my personality disorder. 

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

The Jets are 3 and 2. (I said 4 and 1 and yes I was over zealous).

Anyhow people are now changing the story. They beat bad teams they say.

Guess what? Many of you spent all offseason telling us the Jets were the worst team. Not that they won 3 of the first 5 the story is changing yet none of the tank crowd is admitting they are wrong.

This is why you root for the Jets to win. because you are now mad when they win and when they lose. Why even be a football fan at that point?

People actually allowed lazy sport writers to convince them to be mad when the jets win.  #fakenews

Archived