The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

Maxman

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

People have such short memory I swear...Miami crushed us twice last year, and have raced by us like a 747 racing a 1972 VW Bug.

I just don't get the optimism. Hope to god I am wrong about everything, I really do. Problem is, I am usually spot on.

What are you talking about? The game in Miami was back & forth and was a 4 point difference even though Miami got 7 points on a kick return & Fitz threw another pick setting up Miami in the redzone. Jets had already given up in the 2nd game & had 1 starter left playing on the Oline with Bryce Petty at the helm,lol. Miami scored 21 3rd points despite having a grand total of 13 first downs the entire game. Jets were playing out the string & Miami was fighting for their playoff lives. Anyone who follows football got the sense where that game was going, especially now that we find out that the lockerooom had already become toxic by that point.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

They are probably going to drop the week 2 game in Oakland. But will start 4 and 1.

That week 5 game vs the Patriots will be for first place.

I like the post Max. I like to be positive at the beginning of every season. They have a lot of young talent that could turn into good potential. Petty in his 3rd year, Hack in his 2nd. Receivers could break out. New OC. With some good DP's and maybe a couple pickups this team could be competitive and win some games. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

We beat Buffalo twice without a QB, Miami is SO OVERATED it's ridiculous! Stop their run game & anything can happen. Jets Dline might kill Bortles, their Oline is suspect. Browns is a toss up, Osweiller has one of the slowest releases in the NFL. Brock meet Leo the Lion....fumble, scoop, score.

Obviously any of those games could go either way but whose to say the Jets don't get the breaks?

Who's to say the tooth fairy isn't real?

It isn't a troll thread. Everyone is waiving white flags, giving up.

I am serious when I say this team is going to be much better than everyone thinks. People can laugh at me, that is fine.

Time will prove me right.

and if time and reality prove you wrong?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure about 4-1 but I figured 3-2 and 4-1 is possible,  And believe me I am not an eternal optimist.  Looking at the sched on 1st glance I thought 7-9 with most wins coming in the 1st half of the season.  We play some suspect teams early on and have home games vs some of the medium looking teams.

Also the biggest factor:  when you think the Jets are going to suck they overachieve and when you think they are gitting gud they fall on their asses.  It's like the seasons, ever eternal.

Always happens. Always. Not that I expect them to make a playoff run but I can see them getting something like 6-7 wins. Especially if our first rounder is a guy like Adams or Fournette, who sets a tone for a team. Can see that giving them a small boost. 

And also it's a bunch of young guys, who are hungry, looking to make a name for themselves rooting for each other. I'll just be curious to see if they do reach 6-7 wins, who's leading them at QB. I'm praying it'll be Hack. 

It isn't a troll thread. Everyone is waiving white flags, giving up.

I am serious when I say this team is going to be much better than everyone thinks. People can laugh at me, that is fine.

Time will prove me right.

I'll have what he's having.

With apologies to "When Harry met Sally."

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Here's the thing, even though our defense struggled last year there's no telling what kind of turnaround they could have. If Harris isn't cut he's finally a 2 down LB with Jenkins & Lee coming into their 2nd year. Clairborne is one of those players that too much was expected & he gets his 2nd chance with a lot more experience. I have a gut feeling that if the Jets don't find a trade partner @ 6 and Adams is sitting there our secondary instantly gets WAY BETTER because not only does that give us the best safety we've had since Kerry Rhodes (and Kerry couldn't  tackle like Adams), plus the 3rd round will be filled with able CBs & I'm positive were drafting 1 of them with 2 third round picks. 

So, with a revamped secondary adding a lot of speed, now Calvin Pryor gets to play in the box where he belongs. Now you add Kevin Green as the LB coach, he'll be putting fire to the azzes of Mauldin, and any other players he tabs as pass rushers. If Sheldon doesn't get traded, they still have a formidable front and probably a healthy Mo who gets a full camp this year.

Buffalo, Dolphins, Jags, Browns? A good defense playing well, your QB taking care of the ball, all of them winnable. Terrell Pryor was the best player the Browns had & he's gone,lol. 

yea....no offense means no wins.

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

It could play out like that.... But I think there is a chance Hackenberg wins the job from jump street and they win 3 games... like chargers... Bills at Home... and maybe Browns or Dolphins at home.

Hackenberg probably could but I think Bowles already decided the $6M 16-year 10-team vet is the perfect scapegoat for job security. 

Our QB situation is nearly a repeat of last year. If hypothetically, Jets drafted Lynch, Hackenberg, Brissett, Prescott with Geno and Petty on roster, Fitz would've been Day 1 starter because he won 10 games in '15, star teammates lobbied for him, Woody wanted to fill seats, and Bowles wouldn't need to develop anyone.

If, hypothetically, Jets draft more QBs again with Petty, Lynch, Hack, Brissett, Prescott (still developmental unknowns) on board vet McCown will be Day 1 starter because he has ties to Morton + Bates and he's the lazy way out for lazy-brain Bowles.

It's fun to imagine a miracle but it won't come without hard work and some expertise. We're approaching this with no weapons that any team fears. A HC can't simply tell young players to be the next NFL greats and send them down a river without a paddle. They need to be guided every step of the way. Bowles is basically running a veal factory, sending our youth straight to the slaughterhouse.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

You do this yourself every year.  Your used to everyone laughing at you at this point.  I want to feel bad for your but your unwavering optimism is sexy.  

I don't. I didn't do this last year.

I knew Fitz was a big mistake.

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

troll post

jets wont win 4 games all season and if you believe will open 4-1 you have not watched the jets play football

I think he's on something (controlled substance) ...

Two words: Best Mentor Ever.

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Sticky this.  The Jets won't win 4 games all season.

Even if you're correct that we are underestimating the player quality level of this team; have you forgotten that Bowles' gameplanning, adjustments, and overall decision making is horrible?

The Jets won 5 games last year. They cut 100 players that did not help them last year. If they replace said players with a .00043% success rate, they will be better.

The floor for this year is 6 wins. That is if everything goes wrong. There is no way they would only win 3 games like you said.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

The fans of the 'easy' teams the Jets are playing are undoubtedly saying the exact same thing.  Nobody with a pulse is penciling the Jets in as a loss next season.  No, not even the Browns fans.

When Hackenberg lights it up in training camp, people will wake up and update their expectations.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Schedule fell out nicely for us. Buffalo Win

Oakland Loss

Miami Win

jags Win

Browns Win

4-1 start

I said the same thing. :)

Archived