The Jets will start 4 and 1: MERGED

Maxman

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Since Mark Sanchez was run out of town, the New York Jets are 27-37, have had 1 winning season in 4 tries, have not made the playoffs, and have led to the resurgences of the Giants and Dolphins. 

Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown, working our way steadily down the ladder of success.  Laugh it up.

SAR I

We haven't had a good QB since Favre.  We need to draft a QB every year til we get a good one.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gangrene said:

Too many question marks for me to agree with the Max's forecast of 4W and 1L.  

Will Kelvin Beachum, Morris Claiborne and Josh McCown stay healthy, if they manage to start ?

The Ryan Clady experiment last year reminds me how hard it is to expect a player with an extensive injury history to stay healthy.

I'm not as excited about Justin Burris talent as some are. Will Eric Decker stay healthy if he is still on the team ?

Decker could be a difference maker and a security blanket for our young qbs.  Excited to see more of Robbie Anderson.

Who the Jets choose at 6 (if they stay there) will tell us what the Jets truly think of Hackenberg.

If they draft a QB anywhere in the first round, it means they can't wait for 2018 and they are not hopeful for Hackenberg.

If we don't draft a qb, the rumours may be true that the front office feel confident in Hackenberg to prove the cynics wrong.

I am really hoping that McCown doesn't end up starting.

Yes on the wide receivers.

And definitely yes, a QB in round one this year would tell us that they don't believe in Hack at all.

12 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I like the post Max. I like to be positive at the beginning of every season. They have a lot of young talent that could turn into good potential. Petty in his 3rd year, Hack in his 2nd. Receivers could break out. New OC. With some good DP's and maybe a couple pickups this team could be competitive and win some games. 

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

no one has watched them play football in 2017 because they were terrible and didn't make the playoffs.

Exactly. Which is why Ryan Fitzpatrick is still looking for a job. Now that he is gone, they can move forward.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I think you forget that we didn't resign Ryan Fitzpatrick who won 13 of his last 27 starts.

The new guy, he has won 2 of his last 22 starts.

SAR I

I don't believe McCown is going to be the week one starter.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

He's have gone 8-8 with a couple of bounces and if we didn't give Bryce Petty a tryout.

That's not a "bad" year.  That's a competent year.  The QB's we have now are incompetent.  And don't get me started on the head coach.  And don't even talk about the OC or the QB coach either.  I'm attending all the preseason games, even the ones on the road.  It's the only competitive play we're going to see all season.

SAR I

Your evaluation of the QB position is scary. Like an episode of Criminal Minds scary.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Sounds funny as a curt social media comeback, but you are correct.

The strongest quarterback prospect the Jets had unearthed since Joe Namath, who knows what he might have matured into with the right coaching and the right young personnel for him to bond with.  What we do know is how bad we've been since his departure.  Wouldn't have been any worse, likely would have been better.

SAR I

John Elway knows a thing or two about QBs. How did that Sanchez kid do in Denver? I don't have the NFL package so I wasn't able to see him play there.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am really hoping that McCown doesn't end up starting.

Yes on the wide receivers.

And definitely yes, a QB in round one this year would tell us that they don't believe in Hack at all.

Petty will probably be the week 1 starter even though McCown will outplay him in TC and preseason

Hack doesn't stand a chance

17 minutes ago, thadude said:

Petty will probably be the week 1 starter even though McCown will outplay him in TC and preseason

Hack doesn't stand a chance

I would be fine with Petty getting better this year and hopefully finding a way to stay healthy. Good arm, hopefully the injury doesn't set him back too far.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Your evaluation of the QB position is scary. Like an episode of Criminal Minds scary.

With his 4 actual wins, Ryan Fitzpatrick doubled Josh McCown's output for the last 3 years, it would take McCown 6 years to earn 4 wins.

Fitzpatrick had 2 games won, the defense (Bengals) and special teams (Dolphins) blew each inside of the 2 minute warning. 

Fitzpatrick would have won the Rams game and the 49ers game easily.

That's 8-8, and that's not a stretch either.  That's the quarterback we don't want back.  Put up 10 wins in '15, played competently enough to win 8 in '16.  Not Criminal Minds; A Beautiful Mind.

SAR I

2-14 .....the NFL gave us all I needed to know. 13-1o'clock games.  The doormat schedule.  We are gone suck like its 1996. It's laughable that some people think we are beating the Bills, Dolphins and Browns.  I can't for the life of me figure out how we are winning any games, but I'm counting the last patriot game as a win since they will rest their starters and 2nd's against us.   Where the other win is coming from I have no idea.  There are college teams we couldn't beat at his point and the factor in we have one of if not the worst coach in the league and that leads me to predict 2-14. Oh and we don't have a QB but you all know that.  You'll be buying billboard space by Halloween.  And I'm not a negative fan but I've never been more negative about an upcoming season before. Not even under kotite.  

2 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Does he though? I mean with all due respect other than backing a truck up to manning, what exactly has Elway done?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I know, right? He only built the number one defense in the league, won an afc championship, and a super bowl in the last few years. He's shaping up to be another Idzik, gas up the planes to fly some banners in Denver!

The Jets need more picks in this draft.

Every mock I see, most of which are very good, point out other players that the Jets should take.  

They should be trading virtually anyone on this team who another team would give up a pick for and reboot.

Seriously-on this team who WOULDN'T you trade for picks in the 2017 NFL Draft?

Enunwa, Anderson, Powell, Carpenter and Winters, Leo and Mo (Cap hit too large), Deion Simon, Jordan Jenkins, Lee?  That is generous.

This team needs so, so much help, but I actually think Macc could do well in the lower rounds and really stock this team up.

On 21/04/2017 at 8:52 PM, SAR I said:

Since Mark Sanchez was run out of town, the New York Jets are 27-37, have had 1 winning season in 4 tries, have not made the playoffs, and have led to the resurgences of the Giants and Dolphins. 

Geno Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Josh McCown, working our way steadily down the ladder of success.  Laugh it up.

SAR I

He sucked then, and he sucks now.

23 hours ago, SAR I said:

With his 4 actual wins, Ryan Fitzpatrick doubled Josh McCown's output for the last 3 years, it would take McCown 6 years to earn 4 wins.

Fitzpatrick had 2 games won, the defense (Bengals) and special teams (Dolphins) blew each inside of the 2 minute warning. 

Fitzpatrick would have won the Rams game and the 49ers game easily.

That's 8-8, and that's not a stretch either.  That's the quarterback we don't want back.  Put up 10 wins in '15, played competently enough to win 8 in '16.  Not Criminal Minds; A Beautiful Mind.

SAR I

Geno and Fitz are both better players than McClown

18 hours ago, varjet said:

The Jets need more picks in this draft.

Every mock I see, most of which are very good, point out other players that the Jets should take.  

They should be trading virtually anyone on this team who another team would give up a pick for and reboot.

Seriously-on this team who WOULDN'T you trade for picks in the 2017 NFL Draft?

Enunwa, Anderson, Powell, Carpenter and Winters, Leo and Mo (Cap hit too large), Deion Simon, Jordan Jenkins, Lee?  That is generous.

This team needs so, so much help, but I actually think Macc could do well in the lower rounds and really stock this team up.

The number of picks we have is just fine.  It's all about making the right selections

20 hours ago, thadude said:

I think we'll go 4-12 again.  Yet another embarassing season but at least we also miss out on Darnold, Lamar Jackson and Rosen too.

Who do you believe will be worse than us? You have the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jags, Rams and Jets picking 1-6 in this draft.  Next year the Browns suck as badly as we will but are acquiring talent and on a good path.  The Niners will sign Cousins next year so they won't be gunning for a QB. The Bears just signed Glennon for a multi year contract and he will play well this coming year.  The Bears will be much improved.  The Jags are just young and oozing with talent and Maronne is a solid coach. They too will be much improved. Even if Bortles flops, the Jags will be better, much better.  The Rams have Goff- no need for another QB. There really are no teams that desperately need a QB next year or project to be as abysmal as us other than the Browns. We will be in a good position to get a top notch QB prospect next year.  Remember also, there will be numerous teams grabbing these project QB's this year to groom for the future. That eliminates many teams from trading for one next year. The Jets have no viable QB on this roster that will win them games.  They will win a few but it will be few and far between. McGowan is damn near retirement, Petty is still as raw as an onion and Hack is in QB kindergarten class. We are in prime condition to get younger, get playing time for the new kids on the block and acquire a high draft pick to get a franchise QB in 2018. SUCK FOR SAM. 

49ers and Browns definitely can be worse than us next season even if Mac botches the draft again and takes nothing but mediocre DB's in rounds 1-5 

In addition the Rams and Vikings both have a shot at being really bad next season.  Goff is horrible and Zimmer has lost the Vikings lockerroom they have no OL and Bradford sucks and Bridgewater should retire

tanking is a dumb strategy

It's always interesting watching some folks trying to talk about the supposed quality of other crappy teams in the NFL.  The Jets certainly suck and could lose to anyone, but the same can also be said about numerous of their opponents on this year's schedule.  The Raiders, Pats, Falcons, and Chiefs are the only really good teams on the schedule.  You can also give a nod for the pretty good teams of the Bucs and Broncos.  After that, it's a range of mediocre-at-best to awful.  Now granted, even mediocre is better than the 2016 Jets, but still far from being the type of teams who can count on any wins either.  The Jets won't be good, that's pretty clear, but those certain that they will be immeasurably bad are just trying to convince themselves of what they want to believe, for whatever reason.  When some arguments are dependent on the supposed definitive rise of the likes of Browns and Jags, that tells you all you really need to know.

7 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's always interesting watching some folks trying to talk about the supposed quality of other crappy teams in the NFL.  The Jets certainly suck and could lose to anyone, but the same can also be said about numerous of their opponents on this year's schedule.  The Raiders, Pats, Falcons, and Chiefs are the only really good teams on the schedule.  You can also give a nod for the pretty good teams of the Bucs and Broncos.  After that, it's a range of mediocre-at-best to awful.  Now granted, even mediocre is better than the 2016 Jets, but still far from being the type of teams who can count on any wins either.  The Jets won't be good, that's pretty clear, but those certain that they will be immeasurably bad are just trying to convince themselves of what they want to believe, for whatever reason.  When some arguments are dependent on the supposed definitive rise of the likes of Browns and Jags, that tells you all you really need to know.

ok - excluding the upcoming draft - where have the 2017 Jets upgraded from the 2016 Jets?  Coaching staff?  

Just now, peebag said:

ok - excluding the upcoming draft - where have the 2017 Jets upgraded from the 2016 Jets?  Coaching staff?  

There's no point in debating that, because it's completely irrelevant.  Are you suggesting we should go by the "every other team got better" logic, despite that it has proven to be definitively wrong at any time it's been attempted to be made throughout NFL history?  Otherwise, even if we just assume that the Jets are in absolutely no way better than last year, it still does nothing to justify the attempt by some to paint them as the worst of all time.

There's no argument being made that the Jets are any good, rather it's a matter of some people being ultra-emo about the Jets because they want to be ultra-emo, and any other mindset being unacceptable.  But hey, why shouldn't we all incessantly whine, in friggin' April, about how it's supposedly unimaginable that the Jets could possibly win any games, right?

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

There's no point in debating that, because it's completely irrelevant.  Are you suggesting we should go by the "every other team got better" logic, despite that it has proven to be definitively wrong at any time it's been attempted to be made throughout NFL history?  Otherwise, even if we just assume that the Jets are in absolutely no way better than last year, it still does nothing to justify the attempt by some to paint them as the worst of all time.

There's no argument being made that the Jets are any good, rather it's a matter of some people being ultra-emo about the Jets because they want to be ultra-emo, and any other mindset being unacceptable.  But hey, why shouldn't we all incessantly whine, in friggin' April, about how it's supposedly unimaginable that the Jets could possibly win any games, right?

ok........:blink:

Archived