Pre-Draft Bitch/Troll Thread

Sarge4Tide

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think I finally figured out how to save the Jets again. Like to hear it? Here it goes: 

1. Trade the sixth overall pick, but don't accept a first rounder back in this year's draft. Demand the first rounder come in 2018. Why? 1. Because there appears there will be more and better QBs available next year. 2. It cuts the legs out from Bowles, who is in line for a mercy killing anyway, and 3. If Bowles does indeed get fired, the two first rounders in 2018 become saleable features for your next head coach, much more so than drafting Conley or a Trubisky this year does. If this year goes as we all think it will, everything with a Jets logo on it will be anathema within the coaching community and you'll have to sell Next Coach on a clean slate with a lot of control. Maccagnan is a scout and not a GM, which was the report on him when he was fired--the job was going to be "too big" for him. When you look at his bungling in free agency, his clear lack of vision, and his inability to manage personnel--from Bowles on down--Maccagnan should welcome being kicked down the ladder where he can still be "the GM," but has his duties limited solely to evaluating college-level player personnel. Trading the six for a 2018 first (and change) is short-term pain for long-term gain, which is what we're set up for anyway.

2. Go YOLO with the remaining picks. Assuming you get a two and a four back (in addition to the 2018 first), use those picks to draft pure, freak athletes at the skill and EDGE positions. At the end of the year, this Jets team is going to have, at best, 10 to 12 players that you're going to want to take forward with you in a rebuild. Use this year's picks to make sure you've got some moldable talent to sell into the future. Guys like Sidney Jones, Jordan Willis, Tim Williams, Dede Westbrook, Samson Ekuban, even Mixon and D'Onta Foreman. Double up on positions. Take Willis at the top of Round Two and take Derek Rivers at the top of Round Three. Take a shot on Josh Dobbs, Nate Peterman, or Adoreé Jackson. There is no real plan for the roster. Embrace that fact and just add to the 53. 

3. Dump Eric Decker. Decker has been a nice player here, but he's older, injured, but still has some value to teams looking for a reliable WR. Give him to the Falcons or Cardinals for a fourth rounder. He'll score 12 TDs on those teams, but screw it. There's no argument for keeping him, even if you think he can "help" Hackenberg or Petty. Give his job to a young dude and save that money.

4. If you do draft a Peterman or even a Dobbs, give Hackenberg away. There were teams allegedly willing to draft him, which is why Maccagnan reached on him in the second. Find those teams and purge your mistake. Take back a five and an undisclosed conditional pick in 2018 (which will be nil, but it gives you cover from having to hear about how you burned a second rounder). As of right now, Hackenberg represents an organizational Hail Mary that Macc threw that has an infinitesimal chance of ever paying off. Reel that throw back in and clear the decks.

5. Fire Kacy Rodgers out from under Bowles. Rodgers has been every bit as awful a coordinator as we've ever had here. He's wasted Sheldon, he hung Cromartie and Revis out to dry week after week after week even when it was clear neither of them could run anymore, and literally every player has regressed in his "scheme." The defense was uncompetitive in most games last year, and it wasn't just one area breaking down--it was every player. It wasn't just Mo dogging it, or Lee being young, or Revis being old. It was a failure on the part of the coaches both from a scheme and an accountability standpoint. Because Bowles and Rodgers were soft on veteran players, all the players quit. Because Bowles and Rodgers aren't particularly creative, they're wasting a talent like Richardson for no reason. They'll never figure out how to maximize Darron Lee. They'll just keep drafting players that look like players they had on the Cardinals and just kinda hope they play like the Cardinals defense did, completely unaware that it's only possible to play a Big Nickel defense when your offense is putting up 35 ppg and gets you slaughtered otherwise.

There's more right than wrong here unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Can you post it? I can't find it for some reason.

Scouts Inc. ranking: 32

There's an argument that Watson is guaranteed to bring strong leadership on the field, forged by the mental pressure of playing in high-profile playoff games. The statistical counterpart to this is that Clemson played the hardest schedule of opposing pass defenses in all of college football last season. That's part of the reason why Watson's Tigers were highest among these eight teams in Passing S&P+, which is adjusted for opponent strength.

On the other hand, Watson was helped by better teammates than most of these other top prospects. Wide receiver Mike Williams stands out the most, although wideout Artavis Scott and tight end Jordan Leggett are also expected to be drafted this year. There are a number of underwhelming NFL quarterbacks who built their college production on a highly drafted receiver who was the better NFL player, including Johnny Manziel (with Mike Evans), JaMarcus Russell (with Dwayne Bowe), and Jimmy Clausen (with Golden Tate). Then again, our Playmaker Score system indicates Williams might be a bit overrated by scouts, so the QBASE system could be overestimating his effect on Watson's performance.

Projecting Watson
MEAN PROJECTION, YEARS 3-5: 261 DYAR
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 56.5%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR)
28.3%
Upper Tier (1500-2500 DYAR) 11.8%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 3.4%

Just now, Matt39 said:

There's an argument that Watson is guaranteed to bring strong leadership on the field, forged by the mental pressure of playing in high-profile playoff games. The statistical counterpart to this is that Clemson played the hardest schedule of opposing pass defenses in all of college football last season. That's part of the reason why Watson's Tigers were highest among these eight teams in Passing S&P+, which is adjusted for opponent strength.

On the other hand, Watson was helped by better teammates than most of these other top prospects. Wide receiver Mike Williams stands out the most, although wideout Artavis Scott and tight end Jordan Leggett are also expected to be drafted this year. There are a number of underwhelming NFL quarterbacks who built their college production on a highly drafted receiver who was the better NFL player, including Johnny Manziel (with Mike Evans), JaMarcus Russell (with Dwayne Bowe), and Jimmy Clausen (with Golden Tate). Then again, our Playmaker Score system indicates Williams might be a bit overrated by scouts, so the QBASE system could be overestimating his effect on Watson's performance.

Projecting Watson
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 56.5%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR)
28.3%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 3.4%

Interesting--I think their teammate adjustments tend to overstate things anyway, but Watson certainly has his flaws. Assuming Thomas is already gone, I'd still take him at 6 over any of the DBs.

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

hmmm only issue with that is it assumes you are aquiring or aquired (remix) some sort of knowledge.....doubt you did any of that on the crapper this morning

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What I did on the crapper this morning was create an artistic interpretation of your posting history. 

the only thing you did on crapper this morning was realize you are drinking way too much grape soda and need to lay off the the corn

well thats a relief at least it wasnt purple

Want Jets green poop eat these :D

Image result for CAP'N CRUNCH BERRIES PICS

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think I finally figured out how to save the Jets again. Like to hear it? Here it goes: 

1. Trade the sixth overall pick, but don't accept a first rounder back in this year's draft. Demand the first rounder come in 2018. Why? 1. Because there appears there will be more and better QBs available next year. 2. It cuts the legs out from Bowles, who is in line for a mercy killing anyway, and 3. If Bowles does indeed get fired, the two first rounders in 2018 become saleable features for your next head coach, much more so than drafting Conley or a Trubisky this year does. If this year goes as we all think it will, everything with a Jets logo on it will be anathema within the coaching community and you'll have to sell Next Coach on a clean slate with a lot of control. Maccagnan is a scout and not a GM, which was the report on him when he was fired--the job was going to be "too big" for him. When you look at his bungling in free agency, his clear lack of vision, and his inability to manage personnel--from Bowles on down--Maccagnan should welcome being kicked down the ladder where he can still be "the GM," but has his duties limited solely to evaluating college-level player personnel. Trading the six for a 2018 first (and change) is short-term pain for long-term gain, which is what we're set up for anyway.

2. Go YOLO with the remaining picks. Assuming you get a two and a four back (in addition to the 2018 first), use those picks to draft pure, freak athletes at the skill and EDGE positions. At the end of the year, this Jets team is going to have, at best, 10 to 12 players that you're going to want to take forward with you in a rebuild. Use this year's picks to make sure you've got some moldable talent to sell into the future. Guys like Sidney Jones, Jordan Willis, Tim Williams, Dede Westbrook, Samson Ekuban, even Mixon and D'Onta Foreman. Double up on positions. Take Willis at the top of Round Two and take Derek Rivers at the top of Round Three. Take a shot on Josh Dobbs, Nate Peterman, or Adoreé Jackson. There is no real plan for the roster. Embrace that fact and just add to the 53. 

3. Dump Eric Decker. Decker has been a nice player here, but he's older, injured, but still has some value to teams looking for a reliable WR. Give him to the Falcons or Cardinals for a fourth rounder. He'll score 12 TDs on those teams, but screw it. There's no argument for keeping him, even if you think he can "help" Hackenberg or Petty. Give his job to a young dude and save that money.

4. If you do draft a Peterman or even a Dobbs, give Hackenberg away. There were teams allegedly willing to draft him, which is why Maccagnan reached on him in the second. Find those teams and purge your mistake. Take back a five and an undisclosed conditional pick in 2018 (which will be nil, but it gives you cover from having to hear about how you burned a second rounder). As of right now, Hackenberg represents an organizational Hail Mary that Macc threw that has an infinitesimal chance of ever paying off. Reel that throw back in and clear the decks.

5. Fire Kacy Rodgers out from under Bowles. Rodgers has been every bit as awful a coordinator as we've ever had here. He's wasted Sheldon, he hung Cromartie and Revis out to dry week after week after week even when it was clear neither of them could run anymore, and literally every player has regressed in his "scheme." The defense was uncompetitive in most games last year, and it wasn't just one area breaking down--it was every player. It wasn't just Mo dogging it, or Lee being young, or Revis being old. It was a failure on the part of the coaches both from a scheme and an accountability standpoint. Because Bowles and Rodgers were soft on veteran players, all the players quit. Because Bowles and Rodgers aren't particularly creative, they're wasting a talent like Richardson for no reason. They'll never figure out how to maximize Darron Lee. They'll just keep drafting players that look like players they had on the Cardinals and just kinda hope they play like the Cardinals defense did, completely unaware that it's only possible to play a Big Nickel defense when your offense is putting up 35 ppg and gets you slaughtered otherwise. And you know who'd be fun to bring in to run the defense? Mike Pettine.

1.  I agree with  this, my ideal scenario is a trade down grab a few mid rounders and get a 1st rounder for next year.  We need ammo to trade up next year.  If it's not darnold it;s rosen if it is not him it is some other guy, This team has go balls out and trade up the best qb in the draft next year.

2. Double dipping for players is a very good strategy, we all tend to do mocks and just pick one position and move on to the next.  Double sipping really increase you chance of getting a decent player that can help you.  (See wash with RG3-cousins, see the jets with Maddox and kerry rhodes.0

3. I would only dump decker if we can get something for him.  We can't go into the year with no WRs with real experience,   Too early to pencil guys in from last year.  And if we dump him it puts pressure on us draft  a wr, don't create holes just before the draft.

4. The Jets are getting nothing for hackenburg.  If we cut him some team might pick him up to be their 3rd qb.  The jets will not move on from a 2nd rounder after one year whether it is the right thing to do no not.

5. Make no mistake Kacy Rogers is a card board cut out, just like Rex's DCs.  This is all Bowles.  Firing rogers has to be an action saved by Bowels so he can throw someone under the bus after his genius defense stinks it up again,

It's going to be a safety. He will be good. He will not be great. He will not help us win a championship. He will help the defense win a few extra games. We will not get a top 2 pick. A franchise QB gets drafted in the top 2 selections over the next three consecutive years. Big Macc and co will applaud the pick. We will be stuck in mediocrity forever. 

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Projecting Watson
Bust (< 500 DYAR) 56.5%
Adequate Starter
(500-1499 DYAR)
28.3%
Elite (>2500 DYAR) 3.4%

So Watson wont be good because of Mike Williams, but Mike Williams isnt that good?  Well, that's neat.  However, it doesnt take into factor the 2015 season when Mike Williams was out of for the year. 

That said, it's an interesting exercise and I wonder how many top QB's in the NFL played with underwhelming talent at WR in college.  Just thinking off the top of my head, I dont know that the exercise holds any weight to be honest.  Lots of tops QB's had a ton of weapons in college. 

22 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Interesting--I think their teammate adjustments tend to overstate things anyway, but Watson certainly has his flaws. Assuming Thomas is already gone, I'd still take him at 6 over any of the DBs.

I don't want any of the DB's either, but aren't you at all concerned with taking a QB at 6 that you don't have the upmost confidence will be a legit top 15 starter in this league? Not for fear of wasting pick 6, but for the fear of passing on better prospects next year, ala Geno Smith and Carr/Bridgewater?

I like Watson, but I think its a low probability that he is a top 15 type QB in this league when all is said and done. 

@dbatesman do you have this upmost confidence?

I agree, if we take a QB he needs to be someone you totally fawn over. Otherwise it'll be short lived anti climatic excitement. Then in the 2018 draught the team will loose other QB opportunities, will then illicit the hoard of haterz like you, who will cue up your torturous principals and hind site proscribed treatments on what illments the Jets still suffer from. We're better off being stationery on the position, and wait until next year to exercise the Jets' QB daemons. 

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I agree, if we take a QB he needs to be someone you totally fawn over. Otherwise it'll be short lived anti climatic excitement. Then in the 2018 draught the team will loose other QB opportunities, will then illicit the hoard of haterz like you, who will cue up your torturous principals and hind site proscribed treatments on what illments the Jets still suffer from. We're better off being stationery on the position, and wait until next year to exercise the Jets' QB daemons. 

I get your trying to troll me, and thats cool and al as a mod, but what franchise has ever taken a very high draft pick QB and then followed up with another one in a year or two? I mean, maybe its been done, I am just not sure it ever has, and I don't think it ever will be. You take a QB at 6 your giving him a few years, so you better well be pretty damn sure he will be the real deal.

34 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Kudos...I think...way too many big words for me though.

19 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

It's going to be a safety. He will be good. He will not be great. He will not help us win a championship. He will help the defense win a few extra games. We will not get a top 2 pick. A franchise QB gets drafted in the top 2 selections over the next three consecutive years. Big Macc and co will applaud the pick. We will be stuck in mediocrity forever. 

Basically 

58 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I get your trying to troll me, and thats cool and al as a mod, but what franchise has ever taken a very high draft pick QB and then followed up with another one in a year or two? I mean, maybe its been done, I am just not sure it ever has, and I don't think it ever will be. You take a QB at 6 your giving him a few years, so you better well be pretty damn sure he will be the real deal.

as a mod, lol. You're funny.

Personally I don't care what's been done in the past. Until 2012, when had a team burned the #6 pick plus the #39 pick plus their next two 1st round picks...and then, with their high draft pick supplies depleted, then took another QB with their high 4th rounder (pick #102)? It's not done until it's done. In that case, the latter pick - however head-scratching at the time - proved to be a wise decision for Washington. 

It's all in peoples' heads whether multiple #1 picks in consecutive drafts - including a top 10 pick in the current draft - are used to trade up for one prospect, or whether they're used in back to back drafts on two prospects.

I'm not even a Watson-or-bust guy. I'm fine with not taking him if he's just hot dogsh** (as some others allege he'd be), but they'd better be right. However if that's the reason then they must trade down in an attempt to accumulate more ammunition for next year, write this year off as a wash (well, yet another wash), and start clean with both a GM and HC who aren't such glaring examples of the Peter Principle. If they don't draft him, and then burn the #6 pick on a freaking safety, TE, RB? Fireable offense if that's the plan next year.

Personally I don't care what's been done in the past. Until 2012, when had a team burned the #6 pick plus the #39 pick plus their next two 1st round picks...and then, with their high draft pick supplies depleted, then took another QB with their high 4th rounder (pick #102)? It's not done until it's done. In that case, the latter pick - however head-scratching at the time - proved to be a wise decision for Washington. 
It's all in peoples' heads whether multiple #1 picks in consecutive drafts - including a top 10 pick in the current draft - are used to trade up for one prospect, or whether they're used in back to back drafts on two prospects.
I'm not even a Watson-or-bust guy. I'm fine with not taking him, but if that's the reason then they must trade down in an attempt to accumulate more ammunition for next year, write this year off as a wash (well, yet another wash), and start clean with both a GM and HC who aren't such glaring examples of the Peter Principle. 

167a0ad6939f98f2f5bb5dd16d4b4051.png IDK ... jury is out on our coach and gm ... 10-6 and then last year is not as bad as you make out. We need this season to make a valuable opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

167a0ad6939f98f2f5bb5dd16d4b4051.png IDK ... jury is out on our coach and gm ... 10-6 and then last year is not as bad as you make out. We need this season to make a valuable opinion.

10-6 didn't exist in a vacuum. He dished out hundreds of millions in FA contracts that he won't be able to do every year, compounded with the easiest schedule seen in a long time, and got impossibly lucky in multiple wins beyond the schedule itself. It wasn't the start of some upward trend so much as it was an all-in/go-for-broke attempt that ended in failure and robbed the team of its building block resources.

Maccagnan and Bowles both suck. Sadly each has the other's incompetence as a valid excuse.

17 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not even a Watson-or-bust guy. I'm fine with not taking him if he's just hot dogsh** (as some others allege he'd be), but they'd better be right. However if that's the reason then they must trade down in an attempt to accumulate more ammunition for next year, write this year off as a wash (well, yet another wash), and start clean with both a GM and HC who aren't such glaring examples of the Peter Principle. If they don't draft him, and then burn the #6 pick on a freaking safety, TE, RB? Fireable offense if that's the plan next year.

I try to be funny, so glad you see my humor ;) 

I don't necessarily care whats been done in the past either, I am just being realistic. Hell, even if Mac and Bowles are fired this year, if they take Watson, its highly likely that Woody looks to hire someone who believes they can work with Watson, its just how the NFL works with highly drafted QB's. 

I think Watson will actually be decently productive as an NFL QB for a while, I think he will be able to run efficiently enough along with his leadership ability that he will win some games.

My question with Watson is when the running is not available, either because of injury, age, or the defenses being so much faster, can he sit in the pocket and beat a defense. I don't think he can do that personally. But I don't think even as a rookie he will be a total bomb either, and I can see the Jets going 7-9 with him as their QB this year, which muddies the waters even that much more.

I think he is a very hard pass at 6 this year, but would grab him in round 2 if he is still available. And for the record, nobody else at 6 really excites me either, so I would propose taking the best offer they can get to trade back, even if they get raped on the "chart".

I try to be funny, so glad you see my humor  

I don't necessarily care whats been done in the past either, I am just being realistic. Hell, even if Mac and Bowles are fired this year, if they take Watson, its highly likely that Woody looks to hire someone who believes they can work with Watson, its just how the NFL works with highly drafted QB's. 

I think Watson will actually be decently productive as an NFL QB for a while, I think he will be able to run efficiently enough along with his leadership ability that he will win some games.

My question with Watson is when the running is not available, either because of injury, age, or the defenses being so much faster, can he sit in the pocket and beat a defense. I don't think he can do that personally. But I don't think even as a rookie he will be a total bomb either, and I can see the Jets going 7-9 with him as their QB this year, which muddies the waters even that much more.

I think he is a very hard pass at 6 this year, but would grab him in round 2 if he is still available. And for the record, nobody else at 6 really excites me either, so I would propose taking the best offer they can get to trade back, even if they get raped on the "chart".

Watson will be good for a year or two .. team will catch up ... he will slow down ... and he doesn't have the arm to be good when the wheels fall off.

Maholmes intrigues me more.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I don't want any of the DB's either, but aren't you at all concerned with taking a QB at 6 that you don't have the upmost confidence will be a legit top 15 starter in this league? Not for fear of wasting pick 6, but for the fear of passing on better prospects next year, ala Geno Smith and Carr/Bridgewater?

I like Watson, but I think its a low probability that he is a top 15 type QB in this league when all is said and done. 

No. And making decisions about this year's draft based on some fantasy you've concocted about next year's draft is lunacy.

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

No. And making decisions about this year's draft based on some fantasy you've concocted about next year's draft is lunacy.

Only a sheer and utter football moron would not look ahead at future drafts when building a team.  You project at every single level, the pros the amateurs we all project so your comment is idiotic. 

On 4/23/2017 at 0:49 PM, Matt39 said:

There are a number of underwhelming NFL quarterbacks who built their college production on a highly drafted receiver who was the better NFL player

Hackenburg -> Allen Robinson

15 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Oh, thanks for your expert opinion and analysis and observations.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Only a sheer and utter football moron would not look ahead at future drafts when building a team.  You project at every single level, the pros the amateurs we all project so your comment is idiotic. 

NoBowles, your welcome, Beerfish, thank's

My bitching is simple, i am looking at the mock drafts and they having us doing stupid sh*t like getting O J Howard or something else retarded. For far too long we have been run by some unseen methodology to spend big money on the wrong positions and focus on Defense religiously in the first round even when we shouldn't. I admit I was on-board and pleasantly surprised for Richardson and L Williams, and I too thought Pryor might be this mythical Ed Reed type of player that would really lift us up and win us games. Darron Lee I don't know who the hell that was. Anyway my point is enough is enough.

Defense can win games no doubt but you need an office and play-makers there to win in this league consistently, Damn Sanchez forever for not taking advantage of that small window of great defense, but in reality, the "D" that got us to the big game, didn't show up in winnable AFC championship games when it mattered most. My point my plea, my begging is for one simple thing,

Can we PLEASE switch from the our offense is going to suck so we need to focus on great def to make the opponent offense suck, to let build an good offense with playmakers to our def doesn't have to work so hard and average to above aver play is all we need to keep the win. The best defense is a great offense.

I am sick and ******* tired of the "lets pay huge money to Revis and other Defensive players, using all of our 1st rounders on Defense. Jesus Christ I am a casual fan and even I can tell you that you should get play makers on offense. Look at ATL, they put together good offense and their D plays better because of it. Wouldnt it be great to know we are going to be able to win 8 games consistently and if we can play about ave def we have a legit shot? Instead every year is well we have no offense so we need a big, perfect legendary season from our D to even have a chance?. 

SIGN A GOD DAMN RB, WR, Stud QB if we can. We need a damn offense. Great D is fine but we have FA for that. If we go in a pick a TE or Defensive player at number 6 I am going to lose my sh*t. LOSE MY sh*t!!!!!

In closing, I would just like to say At 6 we have a shot for stud RB, great lineman and that is where I want us to go. We dont need to find out QB of the future. Playmakers make mediocre/bad QB win games see Redskins or other crap QB to Rookie QB who have put W's in this league. 

Archived