Black Monday 1/1/18

Gen X Jet

20 hours ago, Jetster said:

LOL! All the tank for Sam guys will be losing their sh*t screaming at the TV set, f*ck Leo, stop being a god damned Lion out there! How many QBs are you guys gonna knock out? Talk of the Sack Exchange II start brewing and now they're ringing the opening bell before the Pats game @ 5-0, lmao!

Hey, no one could have  predicted they'd knock Carr out & steal a West Coast win. But..but... "but what about Sam? You idiots! God I hate this team!"

Wow I feel like such an idiot.

17 hours ago, varjet said:

Unless Macc really believes that Trubisky will not be a capable NFL QB (which is what he thought of Lynch last year, and he may be right), he needs to take MT at 6.  From how it looks to me, MT could play NFL QB in 2017.  I don't know whether we can say the same thing about Watson and Mahomes. 

This is all true but Mac picking a QB has nothing to do with actually winning this year. That would be best case obviously but at this point it's not even certain Trubisky gets past the top 3.

picking a QB in rd 1 for the Jets is less about 2017 wins and more about providing hope.

If the kid flashes in practice or whatever, people will buy in even if he isn't playing. Mahomes is the perfect hype man long project.   It buys time. I also agree about the slotting and value perhaps the Jets trade down to get Mahomes at 12 or Webb at 20 whatever. That guy gets the Christian Hackenberg 4th QB scholarship and side note all of Mac's QB picks are improbably still alive. 

Maybe there's a scenario in Mac's mind where Hack pays out to be an all Pro (hah!) and they have Jimmy G style trade bait with the 2017 rd1 QB. 

2 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

At least we can look forward to 4 months of debating darnold va Rosen.  

A team that plays outdoors in the AFC East? Quick, let's find the softest Cali bros possible and put all our hope on them. There's no way that won't work out. It's 80 degrees and sunny every day for these guys they will love playing in Buffalo and Foxboro. 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:26 PM, Beerfish said:

Mac bought himself numerous years by A) beign named exec of the year and b by having some success later in the draft and fa.

Bowles, if he coaches like last year should be fired the day after the season but he will get more years.

We have this duo for at least two more years imo.  Do I want them?  Probably not but I don;t see a firing.  Bowles has the rebuilding excuse this year.

Could not have been any wronger. 

On 4/21/2017 at 0:53 PM, bitonti said:

the only way I see Mac getting through this year if he takes a QB this year and even though the team is bad, this young player gets some snaps at some point, even if it's toward the end of the year and that pick gives the franchise hope. 

Hack is going to be bad, Petty is going to get hurt. McCown shouldn't even be on the field.

They aren't going to lose all the games with that group and then bring Mac back to take Darnold. If he couldn't find a QB in three drafts, he wouldn't be someone the franchise should trust to take a QB super high. 

Please....

Drafting at 6 in 2015, who should've Macc picked as a QB?  TB and TN weren't trading out of 1/2.  Who'd Macc miss on?

Drafting at 20 in 2016, who should've Macc picked as a QB, without trading the entire draft for either Goff or Wentz?  Prescott is the only answer, and he was a 4th rd Comp pick certainly made better by the team around him (though he may be a excellent QB long-term, guess we'll see). If you assume he's the real deal, a lot of GM's missed on him too.

By your logic (and to some extent I agree with it), Macc if he has the pick of the QB litter this year should be taking a QB at 6 IF he thinks that guy can be the answer.

The only way I agree with your assessment is if Macc passes this year on any QB he has the chance to draft at 6 and they are the real deal.  That would be his nail in the coffin so to speak.

Want to know the fastest way for Macc to lose his job?  Lets say Trubisky or Watson or whatever QB is still on the board at 6 and he trades with CLE, drops down to 12 and takes whatever non-QB.  If that QB CLE takes with the #6 pick pans out, Macc's finished, and rightfully so.

Gonna be interesting on Thursday.

On April 21, 2017 at 3:00 PM, T0mShane said:

Consider how toxic this job is, has been, and will be, especially if they fire Bowles this year. Consider what this roster will look like to prospective coaches: it'll be a semi-retired Mo Wilkerson, an IR'ed Malik Hooker, and Christian Hackenberg. 

Not sure why Bowles still has a job.  Guy is clearly the most incompetent HC in the NFL in A very long time

Wilk should retire.  

On 4/21/2017 at 0:26 PM, Beerfish said:

Mac bought himself numerous years by A) beign named exec of the year and b by having some success later in the draft and fa.

Bowles, if he coaches like last year should be fired the day after the season but he will get more years.

We have this duo for at least two more years imo.  Do I want them?  Probably not but I don;t see a firing.  Bowles has the rebuilding excuse this year.

I dont see the rebuilding excuse because if you keep making mistakes as a coach does it really matter ? You can tell when the problem is talent and you can also tell when the problem is lack of coaching

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I dont see the rebuilding excuse because if you keep making mistakes as a coach does it really matter ? You can tell when the problem is talent and you can also tell when the problem is lack of coaching

You are talking as if we have smart people making these decisions.  We don't.  the guys that picked him for woody will be advising against dumping him.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are talking as if we have smart people making these decisions.  We don't.  the guys that picked him for woody will be advising against dumping him.

As is just about everyone who isn't typing out of their basements.  No one would have fired him after his first two seasons.  Kind of like no one would have dumped Hack after his red shirt year, without seeing him play.  Or the GM who the year before was exec of the year.  

Thats for crying jets fans who have no clue how to develop and the importance of developing a staff.   So they repeat the same nonsense over and over again just adding another joke into their posts.  Makes it more palatable somehow to not only criticize but to ridicule their own team.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

As is just about everyone who isn't typing out of their basements.  No one would have fired him after his first two seasons.  Kind of like no one would have dumped Hack after his red shirt year.  Of the GM who the year before was exec of the year.  

Thats for crying jets fans who have no clue how to develop and the importance of developing a staff.   So they repeat the same nonsense over and over again just adding another joke into their posts.  Makes it more palatable somehow to not only criticize but to ridicule 

You cannot just look at years and say hey you have to give coach or player abc 3 years.,  Bowels was just about the worst coach in the league last year and was MUCH worse in yer two than in year one.  If I was in charge I'd have no issue with canning him.  He'd probably get this year but unless he looks tremendous as a coach this year he would be gone the day the season  ended.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:09 PM, bitonti said:

the only problem with that is Trubisky seems like a top 3 pick these days. If he gets to 6 it's best of all worlds for Mac he gets value and need. Trubisky at 6 would be an easy situation for Mac

But what happens when Trubisky goes higher and there's no real QB worth the 6. That's where all this trade down stuff comes in. I don't think Mac is brave enough to make a stand and "Reach" for a Mahomes or whoever. 

Well yeah obviously if Trubisky goes higher, Macc could only be criticized for not trading up, which is a more difficult case to make and to be clear not one I am making.

If Trubisky is gone at 6 the Jets might very well trade down.  Trade down and take another Qb?  Probably they won't. 

1 minute ago, Big Blocker said:

Well yeah obviously if Trubisky goes higher, Macc could only be criticized for not trading up, which is a more difficult case to make and to be clear not one I am making.

If Trubisky is gone at 6 the Jets might very well trade down.  Trade down and take another Qb?  Probably they won't. 

Since when did Trubiscuit become Andrew Luck?

so basically, the hope is for mac and boles to be replaced at the same time?  i get the whole idea of giving gm's and coaches a few seasons to turn a team around but it seems like they'll just be doing the same thing all over again.  now if woody keeps mac or bowles or gives the new gm to hire and fire his own coach or does the same for mac then it might turn out better.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

so basically, the hope is for mac and boles to be replaced at the same time?  i get the whole idea of giving gm's and coaches a few seasons to turn a team around but it seems like they'll just be doing the same thing all over again.  now if woody keeps mac or bowles or gives the new gm to hire and fire his own coach or does the same for mac then it might turn out better.

Time for both of them to go

Mac was bad last year and he is really embarassing himself this offseason 

• 1 year later...

Archived