Cimini says Beachum is going to play RT?!?!?

AFJF

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're the one who chose to respond.

I said I like a couple of them. Likiing or disliking something about a prospect he's brought in doesn't make them good NFL players. That's not a logical conclusion. I can like a player and also recognize he hasn't done anything yet and may never do anything in the future. But yeah, I'm sure his conveying what Bowles told him is less reliable than your personal opinion based on blind wishes.

I think it's ridiculous the rationalization over what a wonderful job he's done, and most of the "best" reasons why are backup players that may never start.

Your attempt at rewording my opinion is as ridiculous as the kudos you give him for being a huge failure and a dumbass. My words are poetry. Your failed attempt to reword them into meaning something they don't is like pissing on a Rembrandt. 

Well now that I like...kudos.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Bowles told him that?  I totally missed that when I read the article.

There's also some uncertainty regarding Beachum, whose surgically repaired knee (from 2015) still is a concern to some. Many figured he was signed to play left tackle, his position since 2013, but Beachum actually will start out at right tackle, according to coach Todd Bowles.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If he's the opening day RT, that's horrible.  Hopefully he "starts out there"  in TC and moves to LT once he shows he's healthy.

When all is said and done, I'd like to think we can file this with BS quotes like "we're excited to see what Geno can do this year"

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That is not what coach Bowels said...Cimini put words in his mouth.

Do you really think Cimini had a conversation about this outside of what coach said at owners meeting and decided not to quote the coach in some story?

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

That is not what coach Bowels said...Cimini put words in his mouth.

Do you really think Cimini had a conversation about this outside of what coach said at owners meeting and decided not to quote the coach in some story?

It fits the narrative, so just this time, Cimini is good  .

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Lol I guess and I actually think Beachum should be RT.   Just drive me nuts when hacks make up sh*t....that is not their fkg job.

Did @dbatesman show me a fake quote, or did Bowles say this to Cimini?

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

Lol that is good question I tho he gave you s real quote from Cimini

Yeah, just saw that it's from the article, but as I said earlier, Bowles also told us they were dying to see Geno play QB, then did everything they could to keep him off the field.

Again, I'll wait and see.

Just now, AFJF said:

Yeah, just saw that it's from the article, but as I said earlier, Bowles also told us they were dying to see Geno play QB, then did everything they could to keep him off the field.

Again, I'll wait and see.

You can see what Bowles said for yourself on jets web site.  It was the owner meeting coaches breakfast.

Just now, SickJetFan said:

You can see what Bowles said for yourself on jets web site.  It was the owner meeting coaches breakfast.

I watched that live...I clearly missed the part where he said that.

Hard to believe the RT got $12 mil in guarantees and the LT got a deal that pays him $4.25 million for one season before he becomes very cuttable.  Not buying it.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I watched that live...I clearly missed the part where he said that.

Hard to believe the RT got $12 mil in guarantees and the LT got a deal that pays him $4.25 million for one season before he becomes very cuttable.  Not buying it.

He didn't say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/21/2017 at 3:19 PM, T0mShane said:

I think Iljana will be a wonderful OLT, but that's just because I want to see Hackenberg get humiliated in front of the world.

And how does that help the Jets? You may hate the pick but why would you want to see the player humiliated?

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wait, does this mean we're supposed to still repeatedly list Shell as one of Maccagnan's top 5 accomplishments? In order to stay off the bench he has to rely upon Ijalana being even worse, Beachum getting injured again, and/or the Jets staying away from the tackle position(s) in the draft. #awesomesauce

I don't dislike Shell at all, but this is why it's a huge reach to give him kudos for players that haven't yet accomplished anything. Burris is another, as is Peake. In all honesty, so is Anderson, whom I like as well. But these guys have been talked up like they're not just locks to start, but like they're already sure things as really good starters. Meanwhile now it looks like, at least to start out, he's sitting so Ben Ijalana can play.

Fun piece of trivia (and no they're not the end-all of assessments), but in PFF's LT ranking for 2016: Ijalana, Beachum, and Maccagnan's first choice Clady were all similarly ranked at the bottom of the pile. Their grades were all in the 60s. #funtimes

Nothing wrong with the way Shell has played.

And the comment in the second paragraph works both ways.  You are right, you cannot credit Mac for Shell, or Burris, or Peake, or any player he has draft yet.  BUT....neither can you criticize him yet either.  Gotta wait another year or two.

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Nothing wrong with the way Shell has played.

And the comment in the second paragraph works both ways.  You are right, you cannot credit Mac for Shell, or Burris, or Peake, or any player he has draft yet.  BUT....neither can you criticize him yet either.  Gotta wait another year or two.

Then we agree.

I wasn't criticizing him for selecting any of these players in their respective draft slots. It's just way over the top when each of them has (repeatedly) been listed among the top reasons he's done such a fabulous job.

Let them accomplish something first, then praise the man who selected them.

On 4/23/2017 at 2:51 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Then we agree.

I wasn't criticizing him for selecting any of these players in their respective draft slots. It's just way over the top when each of them has (repeatedly) been listed among the top reasons he's done such a fabulous job.

Let them accomplish something first, then praise the man who selected them.

Ya see Sperm, I knew we agreed on stuff!   :)

Archived