Who is your top choice at 6?

Lil Woody

Who is your top choice at 6?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. I listed the 10 most discussed potential options for the Jets at 6. Given your pick of any of them, with no trade down options on the table....who do you take at 6?

• OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
    • Jamal Adams, SS, LSU
    • Marshon Lattimore, CB, OSU
    • Malik Hooker, FS, OSU
    • Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU
    • Derek Barnett, OLB, Tennessee
    • Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
    • Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
    • Mitch Trubisky, QB, UNC
    • Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Offense

At 6, i would go with Fournette. Even though I think he is a once in a generation RB, guys like Cook, Mccaffery, Williams, Howard and Davis are so good that I would prefer to trade down and pick whichever one of those fall to us at 12 or somewhere else in the teens. 

I do not want a QB in the first round because I think the chances of Trubisky/Watson/Mahomes/Webb/Kizer succeeding are too close to justify taking any one of them at 6. And that chances is not high enough to warrant a top of the 1st pick when we have so many other needs on both sides of the ball. If we won 10 games last year with Fitz with a team that still looked really good and somehow had the 6th pick in the draft (from a trade) I would be a little more accepting of taking one of these Qbs knowing they would  be able to step into a good situation. Taking a project QB to play with subpar talent is a recipe for disaster. Dak wouldn't have looked nearly as good playing with the Jets talent. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Solomon Thomas. I'm playing him at OLB.

I'd love that if he made it to us, and if he could play OLB.  I don't see it happening, but he's my favorite player in this draft. I also don't think he can play LB.  I know he hit the mark on the combine measurables to suggest he could do it, but it would be a major reach to say he can play the position.  We could easily shift to a 4-3 or remain a 3-4 depending on what our next coach wants to run.

3 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I'd love that if he made it to us, and if he could play OLB.  I don't see it happening, but he's my favorite player in this draft. I also don't think he can play LB.  I know he hit the mark on the combine measurables to suggest he could do it, but it would be a major reach to say he can play the position.  We could easily shift to a 4-3 or remain a 3-4 depending on what our next coach wants to run.

It'd be cool to let him do Terrell Suggs stuff, but our coaching staff will have him chasing tight ends in coverage.

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Just breaking balls. Glad you've finally seen the light. Just gotta get you stanning for Watson and I can finally retire.

All I want from the first rounder is TDs or sacks. If I thought we were a smart team with a capable staff, I'd be all about Watson. But we currently have a staff that drafted Hack and Petty, then gave a combined $20 mil plus to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

All I want from the first rounder is TDs or sacks. If I thought we were a smart team with a capable staff, I'd be all about Watson. But we currently have a staff that drafted Hack and Petty, then gave a combined $20 mil plus to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown. 

This staff will be gone in eight and a half months, and history tells us the next one will be just as bad, if not worse. You're basically waiting for either Bill Belichick or Andrew Luck to walk through the door.

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This staff will be gone in eight and a half months, and history tells us the next one will be just as bad, if not worse. You're basically waiting for either Bill Belichick or Andrew Luck to walk through the door.

The real question is, if you like Watson so much, why would you subject him to this franchise? 

Actually there should have been an other.  I'm Macc I take best offer, on the clock for 6.

Gun to my head?   Got to take Fournette.  RB like him will have the most immediate impact of any of them.

Got to trade out of there.   There's going to be good player's available early teens.

Trade, trade, trade. The only offensive players you should take top ten are franchise QBs, franchise LT, or once in a generation running back. There isn't a player that fits any of those bills so trade back and get extra picks. Then feel better about taking a luxury position on offense. Can't trade back? Take the Leonard Williams of this draft in Jamal Adams. 

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Who am I, Gato? I only like players insofar as they can help the Jets.

I'll make you a deal. We draft Watson...at 12...then immediately trade Hackenberg to Houston for a conditional pick in 2018 (which ends up being a 6th, but who cares). 

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Trade, trade, trade. The only offensive players you should take top ten are franchise QBs, franchise LT, or once in a generation running back. There isn't a player that fits any of those bills so trade back and get extra picks. Then feel better about taking a luxury position on offense. Can't trade back? Take the Leonard Williams of this draft in Jamal Adams. 

All the draft nerds and anonymous scouts think Fournette is, indeed, a generational talent.

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If you're waiting for a better RB prospect that fournette, good luck. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'll make you a deal. We draft Watson...at 12...then immediately trade Hackenberg to Houston for a conditional pick in 2018 (which ends up being a 6th, but who cares). 

I'd be for this even if it were us giving Houston the pick.

Howard for me. If we can trade down and still get him so much the better. If he's gone then Adams.

No to a QB, CB, DL, ILB at six. WR would be a bit high but not a bad option as we would benefit from a play maker in the passing game. RB would probably annoy me but again at least it would generate some offense and help out the QB.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

All the draft nerds and anonymous scouts think Fournette is, indeed, a generational talent.

He's not.

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you're waiting for a better RB prospect that fournette, good luck. 

Besides Zeke last year, when's the last time a top ten running back panned out? 

Archived