SAR's "Jets Draft Blunders" Video Featured In Today's Daily News

SAR I

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mentioned and credited, I will be available for autographs later today.  If you are a member of the media PM me as I may grant a few select interviews.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fan-mike-eisenberg-enjoys-internet-fame-1983-nfl-draft-article-1.3089978

SAR I

nice clip, but really, does freeman mcneil have to be part of it?  and as eisenberg said, obrien's real problem is he wasn't marino.

a similar article appeared in the post today showing their rankings for the teams based on draft picks over the past 5 seasons.  considering that the jets have really only had two drafts in that period, it's amazing they were ranked 26th.  of course shelly was listed as the best player taken so that should give some people pause as to the validity of the article.

45 minutes ago, nico002 said:

You're the guy in the sweater?

Lol for a second I wondered that too.  What he's referring to, however, is the attribution under the video thumbnail (the pic at the top of the article):

“Obviously the Jets known something that, you know, the people up here don’t,” Mike Eisenberg famously told Sal Marchiano at the draft. (SARONE/YOUTUBE)

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Mentioned and credited, I will be available for autographs later today.  If you are a member of the media PM me as I may grant a few select interviews.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-fan-mike-eisenberg-enjoys-internet-fame-1983-nfl-draft-article-1.3089978

SAR I

Did you create the video or you just re-posted it?   (I'm guessing the latter, in which case you're pretty much taking credit for someone else's work)

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Nice job.  I don't know how well you're going to do on the autographs though. 

I heard there is some guy named Eli, going around selling "authentic" SAR I memorabilia.

It’s not just picking players, it’s developing players too. Once you pick them, you’ve got to develop them,” says Eisenberg, who was at the Sept. 21, 1986 game between the Jets and Dolphins that resulted in O’Brien’s team beating Marino’s, 51-45 in overtime. “So if you’re saying to me that Dan Marino would have been just as good a quarterback for the Jets as he was for the dolphins, eh, maybe not.”

giphy.gif

I totally disagree that Dan Marino wouldn't have been great as a Jet. He would have had Wesley Walker and Al Toon at WR, Mickey Shuler at TE. A running game featuring Freeman McNeil AND a top 10 defense. Yeah he may have been sacked a little more (maybe a lot more), but Marino had that super quick release and could move better in the pocket than O'Brien who was a statue. With Marino the Jets would have enjoyed their greatest success in their history. No doubt. BTW props to jetrider for the boxing video. I have to stand up now.

25 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I totally disagree that Dan Marino wouldn't have been great as a Jet. He would have had Wesley Walker and Al Toon at WR, Mickey Shuler at TE. A running game featuring Freeman McNeil AND a top 10 defense. Yeah he may have been sacked a little more (maybe a lot more), but Marino had that super quick release and could move better in the pocket than O'Brien who was a statue. With Marino the Jets would have enjoyed their greatest success in their history. No doubt. BTW props to jetrider for the boxing video. I have to stand up now.

Of course.  It's absolute silliness to think Marino wouldn't have been a HOF QB as a Jet.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is it really your video?  Or someone else's video that you re-posted?

It's an ESPN clip that I put up 10 years ago. Clearly not my content, but it's my YouTube account. 

SAR I

Archived