Jets \ Tampa 11/12/17 - anyone going?

Maxman

I know we were talking about this in the road trip thread. But figured I would start a thread just for this game. Anyone going to this game? Should be a fun trip.

I am looking online at RV parks, looks like the JetNation RV will be making an appearance. :)

They actually let you park the RV in one of the lots near the stadium before the game. Just have to figure out where I am staying otherwise.

If anyone is going let me know where you are sitting etc. Would be great to get a group together and sit close to each other.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live less than 90 minutes away.  But I expect the Jets will be 2-7 by then... so unsure whether I will go or not.  Will decide much closer to November 12.

Bucs games pour 40K of white trash into RayJay. 

A cloud of cigarette smoke on the outside walkway of the upper deck hovers the entire 3 and a half hours.  Exaggeration, but sorta true.

Trying to decide which games to fly over for.  I really wish TB wasn't up against a bye week because I want to come out for a few weeks to get to at least 3 games.

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

We're going. Perfect time of the year for that game. May fly to Orlando and drive over, though.Flights way cheaper.

Tampa game couldn't happen at a worst time for me. It is the weekend of Teacher convention and that weekend Thursday and Friday are also off. Nonstop flights to Orlando are typically $250 on a normal weekend but that weekend direct flights start at $450. I was planning on doing the Tampa game but might do Saints instead. 

TAmpa JETS fan club will host a HUGE tailgate. I went 8 years ago and had a blast.   I may go but if you go, best way to meet up is look up the Tampa Jets fan club and Steve runs a tight ship.  He'll charge say $75 a head but it is worth it and he breaks even, Food, beer trucks, tables, tents. IN 2009 Woody Johnson showed up and did a pep talk as well. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

TAmpa JETS fan club will host a HUGE tailgate. I went 8 years ago and had a blast.   I may go but if you go, best way to meet up is look up the Tampa Jets fan club and Steve runs a tight ship.  He'll charge say $75 a head but it is worth it and he breaks even, Food, beer trucks, tables, tents. IN 2009 Woody Johnson showed up and did a pep talk as well. 

$75 a head, wow. I am in the wrong business.

I was thinking of throwing a JetNation tailgate since I will have all my tailgating stuff with me. I keep it in the RV full time.

39 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I didn't know you live there. Can you recommend an RV Park close by?

let me think about that. there arent any really in the city except for a few awful places.

Do you want to be close? if your willing to be in a 1 hr radius there are lots. Theres KOA in bay pines....nice on the intercoastal,,,,then theres the best place which is ft desoto with waterfront spots and a nearby beach. then there are some nice clean basic parks in seffner, about half hour east of tampa.

depends what you want!

37 minutes ago, Maxman said:

$75 a head, wow. I am in the wrong business.

I was thinking of throwing a JetNation tailgate since I will have all my tailgating stuff with me. I keep it in the RV full time.

We did one in Charlotte in 2013.  Its VERY expensive and time consuming. Perhaps it was $45 in Tampa, I forget. It was worth it.   He does EVERYTHING, you just show up and eat and drink.   He would I BET, allow you to bring your van etc.   For us in Charlotte..we rented an entire lot at $25 a spot and took 25 spots.  Beer truck was say $1,000, we had a barbecue truck at $1,000, porta johns, a clean up crew  etc.  It cost us about $3,000 to throw the "Charlotte Jets fan club" party.    Go to our FB page, the photo is the group in 2013. We charged $25 a head and yes we got some complaints but until we had over 100 people , we were out of pocket.  We barely broke even. I can hook you up with the guy who runs it. Good guy.

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know we were talking about this in the road trip thread. But figured I would start a thread just for this game. Anyone going to this game? Should be a fun trip.

I am looking online at RV parks, looks like the JetNation RV will be making an appearance. :)

They actually let you park the RV in one of the lots near the stadium before the game. Just have to figure out where I am staying otherwise.

If anyone is going let me know where you are sitting etc. Would be great to get a group together and sit close to each other.

My brother in laws good friend used to park his RV Right across the street from the stadium I have tailgated a couple of times with them -- close by where the Yankees play their spring training games -- I can ask him what you may need to do or maybe a 1st come 1st serve kind of deal

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

let me think about that. there arent any really in the city except for a few awful places.

Do you want to be close? if your willing to be in a 1 hr radius there are lots. Theres KOA in bay pines....nice on the intercoastal,,,,then theres the best place which is ft desoto with waterfront spots and a nearby beach. then there are some nice clean basic parks in seffner, about half hour east of tampa.

depends what you want!

I think the closer the better. But that Ft Desoto looks amazing so that might be the way to go. I am checking that one out, thanks.

12 hours ago, the Claw said:

Berns is great, see if they'll take you on a tour of the wine cellar. Its impressive

Are you in the area?  Datz?  Columbia?  Anything else I need to include?  I'll probably check out Cigar City.

9 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Are you in the area?  Datz?  Columbia?  Anything else I need to include?  I'll probably check out Cigar City.

Hyde Park is nice. Ate at On Swann on Friday, was excellent. Would recommend. 

Ybor is ok. Gets sketchy at night. 

14 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We did one in Charlotte in 2013.  Its VERY expensive and time consuming. Perhaps it was $45 in Tampa, I forget. It was worth it.   He does EVERYTHING, you just show up and eat and drink.   He would I BET, allow you to bring your van etc.   For us in Charlotte..we rented an entire lot at $25 a spot and took 25 spots.  Beer truck was say $1,000, we had a barbecue truck at $1,000, porta johns, a clean up crew  etc.  It cost us about $3,000 to throw the "Charlotte Jets fan club" party.    Go to our FB page, the photo is the group in 2013. We charged $25 a head and yes we got some complaints but until we had over 100 people , we were out of pocket.  We barely broke even. I can hook you up with the guy who runs it. Good guy.

My friends and I were at that party you guys threw in 2013. If Tampa is half as good as yours was, nobody will be disappointed. The only thing that could ruin the day, as usual, is the Jets.:D

I am thinking about it. I am in Orlando now, but moving to Melbourne next month. I will go even with the longer ride if we are competing on some level. I won't drive that distance to get frustrated, I can do that t home for free.

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Is that the group that meets up at Peabody's over by USF?  I have watched a couple games there.  Good stuff.

19 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I'm definitely going.  Might wait to get my tickets until closer to the game unless the fam comes through for my birthday in September.  either way, game on!

My father and I are doing this for our 8th year.  Outside of when we know someone with tickets, we've never gotten them more than 24 hours out and always get great seats reasonably.  NFL Ticket Exchange makes it super easy.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

My friends and I were at that party you guys threw in 2013. If Tampa is half as good as yours was, nobody will be disappointed. The only thing that could ruin the day, as usual, is the Jets.:D

Thats awesome. I really appreciate it!!!   Im Matt, wore the Namath jersey.  Its interesting  though...we got 2-3 complaints about charging $25.  Cant make everyone happy and YS, we geared ours around Tampa. I went to Tampa's in 2009, met the founder of that club.  He helped how us what to do etc. Its a LOT of work.

Archived