Jets \ Tampa 11/12/17 - anyone going?

Maxman

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Maxman said:

I know we were talking about this in the road trip thread. But figured I would start a thread just for this game. Anyone going to this game? Should be a fun trip.

I am looking online at RV parks, looks like the JetNation RV will be making an appearance. :)

They actually let you park the RV in one of the lots near the stadium before the game. Just have to figure out where I am staying otherwise.

If anyone is going let me know where you are sitting etc. Would be great to get a group together and sit close to each other.

a bunch of people from up there are planning on going so we will be there also. 4 1/2 hour drive for us, but if you r going I will brave it just for you.

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

A buddy of mine is actually moving down to Tampa next week, so that made it an easy decision for this one to make it on the calendar.  I'll definitely be there.

Wait, you have friends? :)

2 minutes ago, Jetfan13 said:

a bunch of people from up there are planning on going so we will be there also. 4 1/2 hour drive for us, but if you r going I will brave it just for you.

I am going. Going to book soon.

2 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

Haven't looked at tix yet. Brenda is looking for a house that 10 of us will rent. Should be a good time.

Awesome let me know where you guys are sitting, I would love to sit with you. Maybe we can share a seat. :)

I will be staying in the RV so I can't partake in your rental house. Thanks for the offer though lol.

7 hours ago, JiF said:

This was one I have marked on my calendar since it's only like a 3 1/2 hour drive, but a 3 1/2 hour drive to watch a terrible Football team isnt exciting.

@Maxman - pick me up on the way down?  Then maybe I'll go.

Sorry, the RV is full. 

7 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

Haven't looked at tix yet. Brenda is looking for a house that 10 of us will rent. Should be a good time.

BP is doing Tampa instead of Miami so I guess I'm going to Tampa this year it's around the same miles from Naples that Miami is..:)

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I guess so since @Maxman blatantly ignored my request while replying to everyone else in the thread.

And to think I thought we had something special. 

Lol. I'll pick you up. I'll be passing by on Friday. You have to get your own hotel though. No sleeping in the RV for you.

:)

11 hours ago, gEYno said:

@Matt39 Makes sense to stay in the downtown area?

I would stay closer to Channelside, newly rebuilt area with some laid back nightlife.  If you want to get a little crazy, they have a trolley to the Ybor strip that is only 5 mins away.  The area by Tampa International Airport is also nice and only a couple miles from the stadium.  International mall has some decent nightlife as well. And yes, there are 3 or 4 strip clubs within a 5 mile radius of that local.  IMO, downtown would be 3rd on my list.  Sorry @Maxman no clue where you can park the RV... 

19 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

I would stay closer to Channelside, newly rebuilt area with some laid back nightlife.  If you want to get a little crazy, they have a trolley to the Ybor strip that is only 5 mins away.  The area by Tampa International Airport is also nice and only a couple miles from the stadium.  International mall has some decent nightlife as well. And yes, there are 3 or 4 strip clubs within a 5 mile radius of that local.  IMO, downtown would be 3rd on my list.  Sorry @Maxman no clue where you can park the RV... 

@gEYno what he said. I'd stay in Channelsode as well. If there's a Lightning home game it's a great atmosphere. If you wanted to be closer to the stadium I'd stay by the airport, but there's less to do.

53 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

@gEYno what he said. I'd stay in Channelsode as well. If there's a Lightning home game it's a great atmosphere. If you wanted to be closer to the stadium I'd stay by the airport, but there's less to do.

Thanks.  I just searched for it, I'm only seeing one hotel in Channelside... An ExecuStay... Am I missing something?

As for what we do... My father's 61 and I'm in my 30s with a child - we don't really "get a little crazy" at this point.  The main interest beyond the time together is good food, seeing any of the main sights, and just the ability to walk around the neighborhood a bit.  My dad has been there for golf a few times and I'm aware of Mons Venus and whatnot, but can't really wrap my head around sitting at a strip club with my father...

Two years ago, we did Houston and there was a Knicks/Rockets game on Saturday night before the game.  I'd be so happy if there was a Ranger's game that Saturday, but what are the odds...

29 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Thanks.  I just searched for it, I'm only seeing one hotel in Channelside... An ExecuStay... Am I missing something?

As for what we do... My father's 61 and I'm in my 30s with a child - we don't really "get a little crazy" at this point.  The main interest beyond the time together is good food, seeing any of the main sights, and just the ability to walk around the neighborhood a bit.  My dad has been there for golf a few times and I'm aware of Mons Venus and whatnot, but can't really wrap my head around sitting at a strip club with my father...

Two years ago, we did Houston and there was a Knicks/Rockets game on Saturday night before the game.  I'd be so happy if there was a Ranger's game that Saturday, but what are the odds...

There is a marriot down there in channelside.  Opened the year that the Jets came back to beat the fish on monday night football(16 years ago?) and they have a great sports bar in it. I remember since me and my buddy were the only jets fans catching a ton of jokes about the Jets.  By the end of the game i was waving my jersey asking why all the fish fans were leaving.  

Channelside has an aquarium that is very pretty if not small.  Dont go to the lowery park zoo, pony up they extra bucks and go to busch gardens, lots of animals for your little one and a great kids area. 

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

Pretty decent chance I make this one.  Got a couple buddies that live in Tampa so never have to worry about accommodations.

Really?  I was always under the impression you had one of those ankle bracelets that didn't allow you to leave the house?

2 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

Channelside is nice and I would assume be fun for out of towners being by the water and all.....but the bold would be my suggestion personally.  It's so close the stadium, tons of walking around bar/restaurant hoping to do.  That one place has live music all the time and it's got a cool indoor/outdoor bar.  Hectors?   Strip clubs are literally walking distance.  Good stuff.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Really?  I was always under the impression you had one of those ankle bracelets that didn't allow you to leave the house?

I stop at my parents house and make my mother wear it when I go out of town.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Channelside is nice and I would assume be fun for out of towners being by the water and all.....but the bold would be my suggestion personally.  It's so close the stadium, tons of walking around bar/restaurant hoping to do.  That one place has live music all the time and it's got a cool indoor/outdoor bar.  Hectors?   Strip clubs are literally walking distance.  Good stuff.

I noticed they have a Cheesecake Factor.  That's a game-changer.

What's Hectors?

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

I'd definitely check out Hyde Park. The On Swann place is great and there's a mexican joint called Bar Taco there as well(they have a few in NY/CT). It's a cool scene...and you have some decent shopping there too if the wife is involved. 

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I noticed they have a Cheesecake Factor.  That's a game-changer.

What's Hectors?

They have a bunch of cheesy franchise stuff like that but then some other not so national brands as well.  This place Doc B's is really good food. Killer little Sushi place too on that strip.  I'm not sure if the place is called Hectors or Bar Louie or Taps or the Pub...its one of those places that has live music with an indoor/outdoor scene.  The hotels are solid. I think I stayed at the Marriott the last time I was there for business. 

18 hours ago, Savage69 said:

BP is doing Tampa instead of Miami so I guess I'm going to Tampa this year it's around the same miles from Naples that Miami is..:)

He told me his plans are on hold, might be changing jobs.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

3 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

I love Tampa, I am there often. I catch a Rangers game annually, a Yankees Rays game etc but the downtown is not very vibrant. The football stadium is a few miles from downtown.  I love down towns like Nashville and Charlotte where it is all contained in the city.

Ill probably go to the Tampa game, stay at St Petes Beach. Arrive Friday, make a trip out of it.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I love Tampa, I am there often. I catch a Rangers game annually, a Yankees Rays game etc but the downtown is not very vibrant. The football stadium is a few miles from downtown.  I love down towns like Nashville and Charlotte where it is all contained in the city.

Ill probably go to the Tampa game, stay at St Petes Beach. Arrive Friday, make a trip out of it.

For sure, it's a sleepy downtown. St Pete beach is great.

Archived