Who's gonna have a draft day free fall?

AFJF

It happens just about every year.  Somebody thinks they're going in the top half of the first round only to fall far beyond that, awkwardly sitting and waiting.

Some guys handle it with class and suck it up.

Some guys take their ball and go home because they can't hack it.

Who falls this year?

Howard?  Lattimore?  Trubisky? Watson?

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

It happens just about every year.  Somebody thinks they're going in the top half of the first round only to fall far beyond that, awkwardly sitting and waiting.

Who falls this year?

Howard will go in top 12 and possibly top 6. He isn't dropping. 

Trubisky shouldn't drop either. 

Watson could free fall. The people that are talking him up the most are the idiot talking heads on ESPN because he is black and won a national title. Other than that, he really isn't that special. I won't be shocked if he is a good NFL QB, but he is just not that great of a prospect considering his arm strength and tons of INTs. 

Lattimore could drop a little, but not a free fall. Too much skill for teams to pass up. 

Obviously the easiest call for a "free fall" would be Reuben Foster. Plays a less than ideal position and is accumulating baggage every week. 

I think medical question marks and guys who do stuff the NFL may or may not value are the best candidates. Hooker, Davis, and to a lesser extent Lattimore jump to mind on medicals. Fournette, Allen, and to an extent Adams could slip a little too IMO but in all of those cases it just takes one team so it's tough to predict.

Foster definitely looks primed for a slide. Cook too.

Patrick Pinak (@pinakk12)

4/23/17, 3:04 PM

BREAKING: Former #Gators DL Caleb Brantley facing misdemeanor charge for allegedly knocking a woman unconscious that "displaced a tooth." pic.twitter.com/R3SsT3UbEc

26 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Patrick Pinak (@pinakk12)

4/23/17, 3:04 PM

BREAKING: Former #Gators DL Caleb Brantley facing misdemeanor charge for allegedly knocking a woman unconscious that "displaced a tooth." pic.twitter.com/R3SsT3UbEc

Some of these guys get set up badly . 4 more days, and this comes out . Why can't they find out where a certain skinny QB got his remade body from .

2 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

I think Dalvin Cook is looking at low 1st rd or early 2nd right now.

Deshone Kizer is a 3rd round guy at best with his awesome combination of ineffectiveness at ND and retarded comments to the media. 

Kizer is another that will drop. His tape and production is poor and he sounds like a jagoff too.

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Howard will go in top 12 and possibly top 6. He isn't dropping. 

Trubisky shouldn't drop either. 

Watson could free fall. The people that are talking him up the most are the idiot talking heads on ESPN because he is black and won a national title. Other than that, he really isn't that special. I won't be shocked if he is a good NFL QB, but he is just not that great of a prospect considering his arm strength and tons of INTs. 

Lattimore could drop a little, but not a free fall. Too much skill for teams to pass up. 

Obviously the easiest call for a "free fall" would be Reuben Foster. Plays a less than ideal position and is accumulating baggage every week. 

Not to mention every year, it's weird, but the early #1 ILB prospect always seems to fall further down than expected. Always. It's actually really weird if you look it up.

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

Who falls this year?

Deshaun Watson.

And we select him in the 2nd.

;)

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Not to mention every year, it's weird, but the early #1 ILB prospect always seems to fall further down than expected. Always. It's actually really weird if you look it up.

Should be common sense. ILB's are the RBs of the defense. Easy to find, easy to replace.  If you make your living in and around the running game, you are not a priority in the NFL.

I gotta say Lattimore. Huge red flag with the hamstring issues and for a guy who will make his living with his legs that has to be a factor. I'm not saying he will fall far but with the CB depth in this draft I could see him falling to mid 1st. That may not seem like much but remember this guy was first rumored to be top 5, then top 10. He seems to be falling as the draft gets closer. I doubt Watson falls to the 2nd round and I would be surprised if he made it out of the top 15 but if he does fall into the 2nd and is available when the Jets pick they have to take him and he would be a steal at that pick.

McCaffrey's kid is getting talked about as a top 15 guy lately. I don't see that happening. He's not Adrian Peterson type of prospect. sh*t, Sean Payton said he'd fill the gimmick back role in their offense. I think coaches love the kid, but at the end of the day, you don't spend a 1st on a RB who isn't a "bell cow" type.

I think he ends up going after pick 25, most likely 2nd round.

McCaffrey's kid is getting talked about as a top 15 guy lately. I don't see that happening. He's not Adrian Peterson type of prospect. sh*t, Sean Payton said he'd fill the gimmick back role in their offense. I think coaches love the kid, but at the end of the day, you don't spend a 1st on a RB who isn't a "bell cow" type.

he won't make it past the pats

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I think Foster is the obvious candidate right now.  

I'm going to go away from the pack and say Mike Williams.  

He has that neck injury from a couple of years ago, and he doesn't consistently gain downfield separation because he's not explosive down the field.  I see teams being a bit fearful after Treadwell busted last year, with a ton of his value coming from contested catches.  The Tigers threw a ton of back shoulder passes, which Williams and Watson were on the same page for, but I could see teams shying away if they don't buy into the 4.5 he ran at pro day.  I don't think he falls because I love his short game ability and would have no problem picking him if we traded down, but trying to go against the grain and suggest someone a bit out of the blue.  

10 hours ago, derp said:

I think medical question marks and guys who do stuff the NFL may or may not value are the best candidates. Hooker, Davis, and to a lesser extent Lattimore jump to mind on medicals. Fournette, Allen, and to an extent Adams could slip a little too IMO but in all of those cases it just takes one team so it's tough to predict.

Foster definitely looks primed for a slide. Cook too.

Add Ross to the med-concern list.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

No way McCaffrey falls out of the top 15.    Offensive coordinators drool over a Player with his receiving skills- coming out of backfield.   These type of players are a nightmare for defensive coordinators. 

The NFL is a passing league, and the more an NFL Rb can do, the more appealing that player is to NFL teams.

Archived