Warren Sapp says Myles Garrett shouldn't be top pick

AFJF

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Breaking news: Man spends entirety of months getting banned and reregistering on messageboards, resents nerds for developing software that allows him to do so. 

Don't be so butt hurt, it doesn't suit you well. As for resenting nerds, I have a PHD in applied Mathematics, and my hobby is software architectire and robotics, I'm the definition of a nerd. 

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Don't be so butt hurt, it doesn't suit you well. As for resenting nerds, I have a PHD in applied Mathematics, and my hobby is software architectire and robotics, I'm the definition of a nerd. 

A nerd would know one doesn't capitalize the 'm' in mathematics unless it's like a book/course title (or the first word in a sentence).

One who has a PhD would probably know that the 'h" isn't capitalized in PhD.

An avid hobbyist would surely know how to spell his beloved hobby. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

A nerd would know one doesn't capitalize the 'm' in mathematics unless it's like a book/course title (or the first word in a sentence).

Nerds have this amazin invention called iPhones. We are two steps ahead.

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Been an interesting freefall for that guy. Achieving Falcon level status isn't easy but I'd say that one just about did it.

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Been an interesting freefall for that guy. Achieving Falcon level status isn't easy but I'd say that one just about did it.

Lol, not sure what Falcon level status is, but I think Batesman is waiting for another backrub, he just posted about Hackenberg, don't keep him waiting.

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's not part of a suicide-by-mod meltdown, which is too bad, but claiming "a PHD in applied Mathematics" is way more creative than the knee injuries + troops stuff we got from Falcon. Let's just agree that we love them both equally, just in different ways.

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's not part of a suicide-by-mod meltdown, which is too bad, but claiming "a PHD in applied Mathematics" is way more creative than the knee injuries + troops stuff we got from Falcon. Let's just agree that we love them both equally, just in different ways.

Lol, I love how you two stick together, time for a red shirt joke? Or the extra commas post?

3 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Sapp may or may not be right. Predicting failure is actually safer than predicting success in the NFL draft. But just keep in mind Sapp was all in on D'Rob aka "the bowling ball w a butchers knife" and Jamarcus "He can throw a strawberry through a battleship" Russell.

Sooooo, we can be nice and say he's "prone to hyperbole", or.....

Jamarcus probably could throw a strawberry through a battleship but that doesn't make him a good QB.

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sapp should really be commenting on something he knows more about....what does he think about Malik Hooker?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705197-former-49ers-rb-glen-coffee-attempting-nfl-comeback-after-serving-in-army

Warren Sapp knows what it takes to dominate at the line of scrimmage, and the Hall of Fame defensive lineman says he doesn’t see those traits in former Texas A&M star Myles Garrett.

Sapp said he’s broken down some of Garrett’s game tape and can’t understand why the 21-year-old is poised to be the No. 1 pick in Thursday’s NFL Draft.

“I don’t see it from this kid,” Sapp said Sunday, via ESPN. “I see the splash plays — everybody gets those. Where’s the game he took over? Where? Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t. I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears.”

Sapp, who racked up 96 ½ sacks during his 13-year career, says he doesn’t see a player with a high motor and believes the Browns should go in a different direction with the top pick.

“I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game,” Sapp said. “This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain’t even close.”

So why are the scouts so impressed with Garrett? Sapp says it has everything to do with his size and speed, intangibles that can’t be taught.

“It’s all about measurable,” he said. “Once you hit the measurable, it’s tough to get them old scout people off the numbers, and that’s what [Garrett] has. He’s big and he’s fast. Now some defensive line coach is thinking, ‘I can turn him into something.’ How? I’m trying to figure this out. Really? Are we lowering the bar?”

No problem with what he said. I don't see anything special either.

This reminds me of when Jim Brown criticised Trent Richardson about his ability and lack of vision coming out of Crimson. People were yelling for Brown to sit his old-ass down somewhere. 5 years later dude was absolutely proven to be correct on his assessment. 

I never understood why the Browns never offered Jim a front office job. Maybe they did and I don't know. 

I'm not saying that Garrett is a bad pick, but Sapp brings up valid points when considering the 1st overall pick.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

This reminds me of when Jim Brown criticised Trent Richardson about his ability and lack of vision coming out of Crimson. People were yelling for Brown to sit his old-ass down somewhere. 5 years later dude was absolutely proven to be correct on his assessment. 

I never understood why the Browns never offered Jim a front office job. Maybe they did and I don't know. 

I'm not saying that Garrett is a bad pick, but Sapp brings up valid points when considering the 1st overall pick.

Jim Brown criticized a player who was criticized by all as being overrated. And they all were dead solid right.  

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

The dude has 32 career sacks, and 12 of them came against SEC opponents . He made a career starring against weak sister teams because he's so much more athletic than they are .  In the NFL, even the weak sister can kick you in the Nuts . He has everything you need to be a HOF type talent, but thus far, he's not displayed those traits .

He's the exact opposite of Deshaun Watson as a football player . Watson played the game at a high level on the highest stage but doesn't pass the eyeball test . This guy passes the eyeball test, but when the lights got bright, he wasn't always around .

23 hours ago, HessStation said:

Guys like Sapp are hard to take sometimes, but in this instance, if Warren Sapp spent the time and really broke down the tape on a prospect, especially a defensive lineman/pass rusher, I'm definitely going to be open and listening to what he's saying. There's no such thing as gospel from any of these guys but Warren Sapp knows what he's talking about. Maybe that's unfortunate bc he's a douchebag but it's the truth.

no comment on what sapp is saying.  i will comment that clowney and super mario haven't done much.  mario was one of the can't miss guys.  clowney hasn't been around enough to really get on him too much.  the thing is it's one thing to be quick and fast.  it's something entirely different to want to tear the qb in half each and every play.  i can't help but think of coples when thinking about garrett in a jets context.

People love to shoot the messenger 

Dig deeper on Myles Garrett, he's an interesting guy. He's smart. He writes poetry. He loves  paleontology. He got a 31 on the wonderlic 

guess what that kind of stuff actually hurts him with certain scouts

NFL doesn't want guys who have options or interests or choices. They hate Myron Rolle for going to be a Rhodes Scholar and a brain surgeon. 

They want guys who are dumb and angry and have no option left but to bash their skull against another human's skull for money. 

This is an ugly sentiment, I know. I've been bashed for saying it before. But I don't make the rules and I don't get a pick 

NFL GMs want their QB to be good enough to marry their daughter and they want their best pass rusher to have the mentality of a prison gang leader. 

16 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cause Jim retired right before a season to work on a movie, and he didn't like the owners.

Back then, I don't know that Jim liked anything much, other than Jim.

Archived