Kizer in rd 2...yes or no?

AFJF

The thing about Kizer is that, if you look at his pros and cons, he's basically this year's Hackenberg. Who's the actual better prospect I don't know, maybe Kizer is more acccuate in shorts? 

I'd rather throw caution to the wind w Mahomes if they take a QB. He's probably the one guy I can see myself getting excited about. 

Damnit. 

Take a player with a high FLOOR in the 2nd round.  The high ceiling picks clearly don't work for this franchise in the 2nd.

If this crap scouting department could find a starting guard, or even a nickel back in the 2nd... it would be a win.

19 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Who will take him later? -May be worth trading back into the 1st later for him.

I think Mahomes ceiling is 10th with the Bills, floor 25th with Texans, and there are about 6 different teams that wouldn't surprise me if they picked him that actually pick between 10-25 (Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, and if the Jets trade back into the 1st round they are a 7th team that might think about it, but I doubt it because the Jets never take the guy I want at QB lol).

Back on topic as far as Kizer goes I wouldn't touch him before the 3rd comp pick if I'm the Jets, BUT I wouldn't be shocked if some team falls in love with his elite prototypical NFL QB size, and thinking they can develop him, and take him in the 1st, most likely a team that has a starting QB that will not be pushed for 2 years unless he walks away like the Steelers which is more walks away gets injured issue, maybe Chiefs if Kizer reminds Reid of McNabb, something along those lines.

IF he doesn't get drafted in the 1st round he might even free fall to late 2nd if the teams at the top who need a QB ASAP didn't like him for the 1st they might pass again because of the deep talent at other positions that will be available in the early 2nd round should be interesting to say the least.

I like Kizer but only in a good situation for him.  Like every qb in this class, he needs to be put on the bench and developed as a #2 for a couple years be\fore he's ready to play. Rushing him along will not benefit him in any way.  Kid has the best tools and highest ceiling imo. If he can sit and learn the pro game, develop patience in pocket, get through progressions and not force throws and refine his footwork to stop making bizarre off balanced throws...I think he can actually be a very good player.  Those are issues for almost every QB coming in though. There is very little that the kid can't do. He just needs to be developed more and get comfortable. If the Jets were willing to keep the QB pipeline rolling and let Petty transition to Hack and redshirt Kizer like they did Hack, I'd have no issue taking him.  But that takes a huge set of balls. But it also leaves a franchise with better odds at finding a QB.  And if we land a top QB prospect in 2018, no harm, no foul. You allow your QB pipeline to all compete and best man gets the job.  Then you see if you have a FQB and trade away the rest to some desperate franchise like us who is drowning in a QB starved league. But people will be in full bitch mode and demanding Macc's head on a pike. He'd need our Trust Fund Baby's blessing and should demand some financial guarantees in the form of an extension to comfortably make that pick though....and should be pushing for a wink nod agreement that he is solely in charge of hiring the next coach.  So since none of those things are going to happen....no....we should pass and take some edge rusher, CB, TE or WR there.

1 minute ago, Ex-Rex said:

I wouldn't. His college coach said he should have stayed one more year. Funny, Pete Carroll said the same thing about one of his QB's that was leaving early. His name was Mark Sanchez.

And Pete looked pretty stupid when Mark was actually doing well before we eroded all of his supporting talent and then he cracked and never recovered. I fault the failures with that QB more on this pathetic franchise than I do on Mark's mental frailty (though that was certainly a factor).  We gave him absolutely nothing of value to help him develop. We actually made it harder and harder for him as we went along. He broke. We discarded him.

Just now, Lil Woody said:

And Pete looked pretty stupid when Mark was actually doing well before we eroded all of his supporting talent and then he cracked and never recovered. I fault the failures with that QB more on this pathetic franchise than I do on Mark's mental frailty (though that was certainly a factor).  We gave him absolutely nothing of value to help him develop. We actually made it harder and harder for him as we went along. He broke. We discarded him.

I agree with you to a point. I agree that Rex and Tanny took away his best OL, RB, WR - 2 of them, Edwards and Cotchery and gave him nothing back. Shonn Greene? Yeah right. Plaxico Burress, please. Also losing Brian Schottenheimer hurt his development at a most critical point. But, Sanchez has since gone to better opportunities in Philadelphia and failed to do well there.

12 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I agree with you to a point. I agree that Rex and Tanny took away his best OL, RB, WR - 2 of them, Edwards and Cotchery and gave him nothing back. Shonn Greene? Yeah right. Plaxico Burress, please. Also losing Brian Schottenheimer hurt his development at a most critical point. But, Sanchez has since gone to better opportunities in Philadelphia and failed to do well there.

I'm not exonerating him. He carries a lot of the fault too, just pointing out that the Jets were the bigger failure of the 2.

Again, I'm not a fan of kizer simply because I think there is a greater chance that he fails than succeeds. Same with every QB in this class. With that said, one of these guys will be good in a year or two. So waiting to the second isn't terrible. 

But I don't this front office has the equity to take another project at QB in the second.

I think we land one of the QBs with our comp pick. Whether it's kizer, webb, Peterman...

I don't want the Jets to draft him because that would be a waste. He needs to go to a good situation. If the Jets didn't waste a 2nd last year, sure but there won't be enough reps for everyone. He's a much better prospect than Hack, but the Jets staff would waste him. 

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don't want the Jets to draft him because that would be a waste. He needs to go to a good situation. If the Jets didn't waste a 2nd last year, sure but there won't be enough reps for everyone. He's a much better prospect than Hack, but the Jets staff would waste him. 

What makes him any better prospect than Hack?

Archived