Jabrill Peppers Rd 2 Yes, or No?

Lupz27

People are dismissing Peppers because he's too versatile, which is stupid.  Defending against
offenses today you need players that can float between multiple positions.  With the way Bowles
deployed Mathieu & Buccanon in ARZ I would have no problem taking him in the second round

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

IF Peppers sneaks through the cracks of the 1st round like a few seem to think would you take him with the Jets 2nd round pick (or if we somehow got Clevelands pick at 33).

Me Yes.

He was a game changer on returning kickoffs.  Teams stopped kicking to him. On defense I noticed they mostly let him blitz run and pass. I didn't think he was that strong in coverage.  It is definitely tough call with him because he so hard to predict.  I think it will be harder for him in NFL doing man coverage will he get better? Never saw any case where he played FS or center field. So I am not sure how much he upgrades jets over Miles\Pryor.

Yes, because we need chess pieces that can move around, and he's a great returner.  

The defense needs more speed and it needs some versatility.  I think he's going to be a pretty good player, and someone that will be a consistent player for years.  

1 minute ago, win4ever said:

Yes, because we need chess pieces that can move around, and he's a great returner.  

The defense needs more speed and it needs some versatility.  I think he's going to be a pretty good player, and someone that will be a consistent player for years.  

Ha. You think Bowles is playing chess out there?

giphy.gif

Anyone who thinks Peppers doesnt have a position should watch the breakdown of his game by Brett Kollman, really great study of what peppers actually does with respect to his responsibilities in the michigan defense - NOT what he would do in the pros.

If he is there in the second, he would be a plug and play SS who can cover the slot in 3 WR sets and also return kicks/punts. 

Dont forget - this is a kid who ran sub 4.5 at the combine, that is explosive at 213 lbs.

Could you imagine if we were able to trade back with the Browns & ended up with a Hooker, Peppers, Watt, Mixon, Engram draft? 

And trade Pryor for another 4th, Richardson for a 3rd! You'd still be looking at another 3 & two 4ths in that scenario! 

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Could you imagine if we were able to trade back with the Browns & ended up with a Hooker, Peppers, Watt, Mixon, Engram draft? 

And trade Pryor for another 4th, Richardson for a 3rd! You'd still be looking at another 3 & two 4ths in that scenario! 

Brilliant but we could use a corner. 

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

IF Peppers sneaks through the cracks of the 1st round like a few seem to think would you take him with the Jets 2nd round pick (or if we somehow got Clevelands pick at 33).

Me Yes.

Highly doubtful that he falls that far, but if he did I would take him for sure.

15 hours ago, KRL said:

People are dismissing Peppers because he's too versatile, which is stupid.  Defending against
offenses today you need players that can float between multiple positions.  With the way Bowles
deployed Mathieu & Buccanon in ARZ I would have no problem taking him in the second round

Bowles sucks as a D coach and did everything he could to play people in the wrong spots last year.  We just drafted a 'hybrid' in lee at 20 last year and now we are going to get another hybrid this year.  I don't mind peppers at all buy no position is a legit concern to me, as it was last yea when everyone and their dog loved myles jack.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Can Lee return punts?

The return aspect that people place value on is massively overrated because in many cases (not all but many) the moment the D started get wacked on specials and gets hurt that is the end of his returning days.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Brilliant but we could use a corner. 

Use the last 3rd on a CB. Cordrea Tankersley Clemson. Then with our 2 fourth founders we pick Ethan Pocic & Corn Elder Miami.

Hooker-Peppers-Watt-Mixon-Engram-Tankersley-Pocic-Elder

Would you take that draft? Lee & Jenkins going into their 2nd year. Peppers playing the Buchanan role, Hooker playing center field, Claiborne/Burris/Williams/Tankersley/Elder, Pocic pushing Johnson, Mixon learning from Forte & Powell, Watt FINALLY fills our edge rush need coached by Green, plus we still have our late rounders, 5th, 6th, 7th & UDFAs. In 2018 Jets might have the best secondary in the LEAGUE! Maybe Seattle like.

Lee plays the Wagner role, Peppers plays the Chancellor role. At CB & nickel/dime may the best players win. Green coaches up Watt & Mauldin,Lemonier.

15 hours ago, KRL said:

no doubt, he is a football player.

Archived