Mitch Trubisky Is Going To Be The Pick

SAR I

Just now, HessStation said:

13 games 8-5. You watch the kid interview he's a deer in headlights. He is NOT going to take over an NFL locker room D1. He's a real solid prospect but he'll need time. Taking him in the Top 10 is like automatically setting him up for failure bc I don't think this is the type of personality who's going to respond well to unrealistic expectations from the start. 

Trubisky to a Saints fan, if I were, sounds amazing. To the Bills, Browns,Jets etc, it sounds more like oh no here we go again.

I don't disagree at all, but I can come up with significant critiques for Watson, Mahomes and Kizer as well. They all have some positives, and they all have question marks. Hence why I want no part of a first round QB this year.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I don't disagree at all, but I can come up with significant critiques for Watson, Mahomes and Kizer as well. They all have some positives, and they all have question marks. Hence why I want no part of a first round QB this year.

I agree with you. I'm just saying Trubisky early all points towards a disaster. If I'm gonna risk early as an NFL franchise you'd think they'd either go more solid, sure thing in Watson or shoot for the stars with a more talented Mahomes, and maybe even Kizer too.

9 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I agree with you. I'm just saying Trubisky early all points towards a disaster. If I'm gonna risk early as an NFL franchise you'd think they'd either go more solid, sure thing in Watson or shoot for the stars with a more talented Mahomes, and maybe even Kizer too.

I hear you, just saying I don't think its any conspiracy, I think its a result of a lack of QB talent in this draft combined with the QB neediness of the NFL.  I like Mahomes the most out of all of them, but I am also of the opinion that he has a huge hurdle to make it in the NFL, and I would not risk taking him as early as you would need to, to get him, because of the factors I mention above.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Does your Apple Watch get you any girl you want without the need for wasting time and sweating like a blue collar worker at a place like Soul Cycle?  Nope, didn't think so.

SAR I

Call it by its true name "iWatch" rather than the "less creepy" name of "Apple Watch".  

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

I hear you, just saying I don't think its any conspiracy, I think its a result of a lack of QB talent in this draft combined with the QB neediness of the NFL.  I like Mahomes the most out of all of them, but I am also of the opinion that he has a huge hurdle to make it in the NFL, and I would not risk taking him as early as you would need to, to get him, because of the factors I mention above.

Dude I hear you, I currently run the CT chapter for Suck4Sam.

• Only 1 Full Season as a starter in College
  • In 2016 the Tarheels went 8-5 with Trubisky. In 2015, with Marquise Williams as the starter, they went 11-3 (Marquise Williams went undrafted in 2015)
  • In 2016 the Tarheels went 5-3 in the ACC with Trubisky. In 2015 they went 8-0 with Williams
  • In 2016 the Tarheels were ranked 45th in the Nation in Total Offense with Trubisky. In 2015 they were ranked 12th with Williams (Clemson was ranked 1st and 2nd respectively)
  • In 2016 the Tarheels were ranked 34th in the Nation in Passing Yards with Trubisky. In 2015 they were ranked 22nd with Willams (Texas Tech was ranked 1st & 2nd respectively)
  • Trubisky went 1-4 vs. Nationally Ranked Top 20 Teams 
  • On October 8th, the Trubisky led Tarheels lost 34-3 to Virginia Tech at Home on National TV. Virginia Tech's Defense was 36th in the Nation
  • North Carolina ended the 2016 Season not ranked in either poll and lost Trubisky's (1) Bowl Game start
  • Despite being listed at 6'3 in the Tarheel roster, Trubisky only measured in at 6'2 at the NFL Combine
  • Average size hands and arm length (9 1/2 & 32)
  • Considered to have a "live arm" but not necessarily a "cannon"
  • 98% of his college snaps came out of the Shotgun 

...Now go watch him interview and watch him in the film room with Gruden. Look at his body language. If you think this kid is ready to be the starting QB on an NFL team you are some kind of high. 

7 minutes ago, HessStation said:
  • In 2016 the Tarheels went 8-5 with Trubisky. In 2015, with Marquise Williams as the starter, they went 11-3 (Marquise Williams went undrafted in 2015)
  • In 2016 the Tarheels went 5-3 in the ACC with Trubisky. In 2015 they went 8-0 with Williams
  • In 2016 the Tarheels were ranked 45th in the Nation in Total Offense with Trubisky. In 2015 they were ranked 12th with Williams (Clemson was ranked 1st and 2nd respectively)
  • In 2016 the Tarheels were ranked 34th in the Nation in Passing Yards with Trubisky. In 2015 they were ranked 22nd with Willams (Texas Tech was ranked 1st & 2nd respectively)
  • On October 8th, the Trubisky led Tarheels lost 34-3 to Virginia Tech at Home on National TV. Virginia Tech's Defense was 36th in the Nation
  • North Carolina ended the 2016 Season not ranked in either poll and lost Trubisky's (1) Bowl Game start
  • Despite being listed at 6'3 in the Tarheel roster, Trubisky only measured in at 6'2 at the NFL Combine

...Now go watch him interview and watch him in the field room with Gruden. Look at his body language. If you think this kid is ready to be the starting QB on an NFL team you are some kind of high. 

ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

cleveland may hear you

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Are you trying to say chicks are more attracted to fat, ugly rich men than good looking, fit middle class men? *snorts

No.

I'm saying chicks are attracted to money, looks don't matter unless the poor lass has no shot at a richie in which case it's a pick-of-the-litter kind of thing.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

I am moving more and more into your camp but I don't think its Mitch... I think its Maholmes and that is why they want to trade down... Mitch won't be there if they trade down or may not even be there at 6.

I don't think this Malhotra guy has that kind of "gotta pay my PSL invoice right now!" mojo.  Never heard of him until this week.  We've been Mitchell "Mitch" teased for months.

SAR I

4 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Draft a QB until you find a QB.

Agreed.  And then let them sit on the bench for 2 years without playing time and let the media leak that they're busts.

All that matters is that the fanbase is excited about the new guy.  Whether or not he wins is immaterial.  Because there's always the red hot name next year. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

I don't think this Malhotra guy has that kind of "gotta pay my PSL invoice right now!" mojo.  Never heard of him until this week.  We've been Mitchell "Mitch" teased for months.

SAR I

the jets aren't taking a qb in the first, even if they stay at 6.  mccags has shown he will swing for the fences in the 2nd, but not round 1.  whether they stay at 6 or trade back, i believe this is finally the year they go O and take either howard or the miami TE.  if he wants hack to succeed he's got to put a TE on the field who can help move the chains.

49 minutes ago, HessStation said:

...Now go watch him interview and watch him in the film room with Gruden. Look at his body language. If you think this kid is ready to be the starting QB on an NFL team you are some kind of high. 

You can't prove any of this.

DITCH FOR MITCH! [Ditchell For Mitchell]

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Agreed.  And then let them sit on the bench for 2 years without playing time and let the media leak that they're busts.

All that matters is that the fanbase is excited about the new guy.  Whether or not he wins is immaterial.  Because there's always the red hot name next year. 

SAR I

reverse psychology on poor jet fan?

Much easier said than done. Missing on a high QB pick is one of the biggest reasons GM's get fired. At the end of the day we need someone in here who can identify, and develop QB talent. I am not sure we have either right now.

Know what else gets a GM fired?

Having the #6 pick on a QB starved team and passing on a legitimate QB prospect. The league is more likely to understand picking a QB in round 1 at 6 and having him bust than picking a league average safety or TE at 6.

And since you don't pay 1st Rd QBs tens of millions anymore with the slotted pay scale it actually hurts worse to bust on a #6 pick S or TE than a #6 QB.

5 hours ago, HessStation said:

Would it help any if he converted to Judiasm?

Jewish Trubisky.JPG

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

A big  x

On 4/24/2017 at 10:28 AM, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

Two safeties!!! Maybe you ought to add some gratuity on that check!

Archived