Mitch Trubisky Is Going To Be The Pick

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

OK, do you think the Fish would trade or cut  Tennehil because of Peterman ?

What does that have to do within anything? Top 10 picks are very valuable. Just because Trubisky may be Tannehill doesn't mean  you auto-take him at 6 when your scouts say there is a 15 pct chance he turns into Tannehill while there is a 90pct chance Fournette turns into Apete or 90pct chance Howard turns into Shannon Sharpe or 90pct chance Jamal Adams turns into Eric berry. 

The draft is all about maximizing each pick and not taking QBs at 6 because they MAY turn into Tannehill when you can take a different QB in the 4th round that also MAY turn into Tannehill. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SAR I said:

That's because you know too much about college football.

The average Jets season ticket holder doesn't watch it at all.  If they did, they'd have season tickets to college games.  And it's not about what's right as told to season ticket holders by knowledgeable college football fans.  It's about what's right to sell season tickets to those who don't know any better. 

If the Jets and the NY media tell us that Mitchell "Mitch" is a great prospect and perhaps the answer to our prayers, the season ticket invoices get opened, the checks get written, the envelopes are put in the mail.  That's what matters a week before the season ticket deadline where fans are being asked to fork over thousands of dollars for a bad product that we don't believe in.  Mitchell "Mitch"'s function is to make us believe in our future here in April 2017.  What he turns out to be in 2018 or 2019 is immaterial.

SAR I

i know what you are saying... but man........ I live in TN so of course I don't have to worry about whether or not to buy season tix. 

1 minute ago, thadude said:

Trubisky is a 2nd or 3rd round pick most years

That is why all these guys came out this year. Because if they came out next year they would never be considered 1st round talents. Reaching for a QB leads to more Christian Ponder/Ej Manuel situations then it leads to franchise QBs. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

That is why all these guys came out this year. Because if they came out next year they would never be considered 1st round talents. Reaching for a QB leads to more Christian Ponder/Ej Manuel situations then it leads to franchise QBs. 

Yeah I don't know when Trubisky suddenly became Andrew Luck 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

So Trubisky it is.  It's simply good for business.

SAR I

So you would go to the games to watch Mitchell on the sidelines? THAT would warrant season tickets? 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

Because I'm sitting here dreading the May 1 deadline for writing a check for $5,500 for this year's season tickets, completely uninterested in the schedule that was released a few days ago, I don't believe in my head coach, I don't like a single player on the roster, I'm about as unenthused as I've ever been as a Jets fan.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone.

You sound really strapped for cash as usual. That's what's hurting you ... not the team.  Admit it.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I don't watch college football so I have no clue if Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky has any NFL potential.

SAR I

29 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

OK, do you think the Fish would trade or cut  Tennehil because of Peterman ?

Not sure where you're going with this.

I said trubisky ceiling is Tannehil.

I also said the only qb from this draft id take a shot in is Peterman as a mid round pick

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

as an alternate scenario, the jets could trade back and take mahomes.

There is so much depth of talent in this draft at positions of need that the Jets need to trade down and suppress the urge to draft a QB. Give Petty and Hack a legit shot and if they fail focus on a QB next year- not nec. Sam D. but there will be a number of other, most likely better, options on the table.  

Mahomes, IMO, is just as much of an unsure thing as all of the other top 'QBs' in this draft. And he will need to sit and develop just like Trubisky will. 

If the Jets trade down with CLE and get at least their 12th and 33rd picks, allowing CLE to take Trubisky- that would be an ideal scenario. At 12 they can still get a premier talent and day one starter. They would have 2 early second round selections where they could easily get 1st round talent spillover. They would still have 2 third round picks, one early, one late. And would probably recoup a 4th rounder via CLE b/c moving up from 12 to 6 will cost more than an additional 2nd rounder- probably their 4th as well.    

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

I will be really really disappointed if the Jets take Trubisky.

I'm not even going to watch the draft this year with Rangers playing game 1 of the East Semi's against Ottawa.

With the 6th pick, the New York Jets select Henrik Lundquist, goaltender, Sweeden.:D

Trubisky is weak. Watson is far and away the best QB in this draft. He threw some ints yeah but his track record makes Trubisky's look like a kid's. I Watson is the choice over any other QB in the draft if the Jets go that route. The best scenario would be to trade down with the Browns for 12 and take the extra pick in the 2nd round if possible. If Watson is there at 12 you take him and call it a win. If they do draft Watson at 6 I'm okay with it. As long as they get some early round talent on OFFENSE I will be happy. Be it QB,RB,TE, or WR. Enough with this bullspit of going defense every year and still stinking up the joint.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Tin...you and I both know that Trubisky or any QB in this draft can't hold Andrew Luck's cleats.

You folks are so focus on the perfect QB you miss all the really good ones . That's why guys like Goff get praised and guys like Hackenberg get blasted .

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Trubisky is weak. Watson is far and away the best QB in this draft. He threw some ints yeah but his track record makes Trubisky's look like a kid's. I Watson is the choice over any other QB in the draft if the Jets go that route. The best scenario would be to trade down with the Browns for 12 and take the extra pick in the 2nd round if possible. If Watson is there at 12 you take him and call it a win. If they do draft Watson at 6 I'm okay with it. As long as they get some early round talent on OFFENSE I will be happy. Be it QB,RB,TE, or WR. Enough with this bullspit of going defense every year and still stinking up the joint.

I don't think too many teams agree with you on Watson>Trubisky. Watson could probably be there in the second-third round. Trubisky won't. I feel your pain though. Suck for Sam is all I have to hang onto.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

You know what's the best part about all the banter  ?  The truth will be revealed when these kids hit the field .

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

What exactly has Andrew Luck  won ?  He came into the league with all this fan fare, and  what has he won ?

To be fair, out of his 5 seasons in the NFL, he took the Colts to the playoffs 3 times. He is a 3 time Pro Bowler. He set numerous Colt records, albeit a lot of them as 'most by a rookie'- that guy P.Manning has a bunch. 

Just b/c he has not won a SB doesn't mean he is a bad QB- I would argue he is 'elite'. It took Manning 6 seasons (he won in his 7th) to win a SB. Despite having a bunch of accolades including MVPs already under his belt. Winning a SB is the ultimate TEAM effort. 

I would take Andrew Luck over a lot of other QBs right now if I could give up a 7th rounder for him and put him on the Jets. That includes Brady and Brees, who are more accomplished but older. Just saying.    

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

To be fair, out of his 5 seasons in the NFL, he took the Colts to the playoffs 3 times. He is a 3 time Pro Bowler. He set numerous Colt records, albeit a lot of them as 'most by a rookie'- that guy P.Manning has a bunch. 

Just b/c he has not won a SB doesn't mean he is a bad QB- I would argue he is 'elite'. It took Manning 6 seasons (he won in his 7th) to win a SB. Despite having a bunch of accolades including MVPs already under his belt. Winning a SB is the ultimate TEAM effort. 

I would take Andrew Luck over a lot of other QBs right now if I could give up a 7th rounder for him and put him on the Jets. That includes Brady and Brees, who are more accomplished but older. Just saying.    

I would trade an entire draft for Andrew Luck

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The fanbase doesn't want Derrick "Desean" Watson.  We want that Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky fellow instead.

Derrick "Desean" is one of those running-around improv RGIII wannabe's and we want one of those stand there and look handsome Matthew "Matt" Ryan types.

SAR I

I think JIF is on to something...

18 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I will be really really disappointed if the Jets take Trubisky.

I'm not even going to watch the draft this year with Rangers playing game 1 of the East Semi's against Ottawa.

Relax ... SF will take him at #2 they almost have no choice.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry, but Mitchell "Mitch" is happening.

I know this because I'm the fan they're trying to engage and I'm only forking over the money and showing up if I get a shiny new quarterback to play with.

SAR I

No way you're not forking over the money and not showing up.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

How do I know?

There is only one thing that can turn around a disinterested fanbase and that's a hot young quarterback.  People get excited about that.  Fans show up for that.  I know I would.

SAR I

Everything in this post is correct except the name of the QB drafted.

21 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You folks are so focus on the perfect QB you miss all the really good ones . That's why guys like Goff get praised and guys like Hackenberg get blasted .

I am probably one of the top 5 Hack supporters/fans on this site. I truly feel he is going to be very good, way better than any QB in this draft. That's why it would infuriate me if the Jets spent a premium pick on a player who may be able to be a credible backup to Hackenberg some day.

12 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I never said he wasn't elite, just what have he won . Peyton Manning is a 1st ballot HOF, and his brother ELI is a questionable status and I have always liked Eli better  even from college .  Eli built his rep with nothing at Ole Miss while Peyton had everything at UT and couldn't win the big game . His career in the NFL was just like his Career at UT .  Both have won 2 SBs, but why does it feel like Eli earned his while Peyton was along for the ride .

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Trubisky is a 2nd or 3rd round pick most years

I did this analysis a few weeks ago.  I thought in other years MT was a 5-20 pick.  The 5 is Sanchez.  He is a college QB with NFL physical skills who functioned like an NFL QBs, making NFL throws and making NFL reads.  Sounds easy, but think of all the QBs who can't say that.  

His biggest negative is his 13 starts.  If he can play, he will continue to develop.  Maybe he thought with Switzer, etc. leaving his chance was now to leave?  Look at Connor Cook?  Where was he getting picked in 2015.

Look at Hack.  As a Freshman, people thought he was a lottery pick.  

37 minutes ago, PepPep said:

There is so much depth of talent in this draft at positions of need that the Jets need to trade down and suppress the urge to draft a QB. Give Petty and Hack a legit shot and if they fail focus on a QB next year- not nec. Sam D. but there will be a number of other, most likely better, options on the table.  

Mahomes, IMO, is just as much of an unsure thing as all of the other top 'QBs' in this draft. And he will need to sit and develop just like Trubisky will. 

If the Jets trade down with CLE and get at least their 12th and 33rd picks, allowing CLE to take Trubisky- that would be an ideal scenario. At 12 they can still get a premier talent and day one starter. They would have 2 early second round selections where they could easily get 1st round talent spillover. They would still have 2 third round picks, one early, one late. And would probably recoup a 4th rounder via CLE b/c moving up from 12 to 6 will cost more than an additional 2nd rounder- probably their 4th as well.    

I don't think the Jets should trade up for Trubisky.  

I don't think they should hold onto the 6th pick if someone wants to trade for Trubisky.

If they trade down to 12 and want to draft Mahomes, if they still have 2 2nds and 2 3rds, plus hopefully more from trades, that may not be a bad move.

What I am saying is that, from a value and strategic perspective, if the Jets are at 6, and can't trade for reasonable value, it is likely that Trubisky is the best player there, and they should pick him.  The Browns need to believe that.  I would rather have Trubisky than Allen, Thomas, Hooker or Fournette.  He or Hack can be used as trade currency.  Heck, maybe the Browns trade for him on Thursday after they see we had the guts to take him.  We have seen that movie before.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

9561386.jpg

PLUS

7ca69zggi.jpg

EQUALS

joe-montana-624x624.jpg

Well, we've heard that before. Remember this? 

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-24%20at%206.52.0

plus 

7ca69zggi.jpg

equals

137134199_crop_north.jpg?h=533&w=800&q=7

One redshirt year later we're looking to draft the next redshirt guy with an even higher pick before seeing what the Next Tom Brady even looks like on the field. 

Just like you dont use 2nd round picks to draft a redshirt, you most definitely dont use a 1st round pick. Those two picks are supposed to provide immediate impact. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I don't watch college football so I have no clue if Mitchell "Mitch" Trubisky has any NFL potential.

But what I do know is that the fans have no reason to show up in September and the Jets need to do something if they want their season ticket invoices paid on May 1.

I'm not saying this is right or wrong.  Just stating fact.

SAR I

I would think it's wrong.  You build a team in the best way to ensure long term success, not to make it look like you're doing something.  

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

So you would go to the games to watch Mitchell on the sidelines? THAT would warrant season tickets? 

Why would he be on the sidelines?  He'd be the Day 1 starter.  No different than Sanchez, Mariotta, etc.

The whole point of this exercise by the Jets would be because the other two guys became spoiled fruit, sitting on the bench.  Mitchell "Mitch" would be something fresh, something new, something unknown, something exciting.

SAR I

Archived