So if Casserley's prediction is true...

Dcronin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

A CLE-JAX trade, for #4, to get Trubisky, what do we do? Still try to trade back later into round 1, or stay put and take Fournette?

Still pretty sure the thing to do in this draft is move back, back, back.

DC

Titans, 49ers, and us, us, us.

Who will win the race to trade down and how awesome of a deal are they going to get?

GL

16 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

A CLE-JAX trade, for #4, to get Trubisky, what do we do? Still try to trade back later into round 1, or stay put and take Fournette?

DC

imo the jets should still trade down.  they just need too many good players to stand pat.  the thing is, i don't know if you see as much trading action if you're not sitting on a qb or edge rusher pick position.

20 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

DC

If that happens its simple: Pick Watson!

My preference would be to trade down unless Garrett is available (he won't be) or Thomas is available (he probably won't be).

I don't think Fournette makes sense at this stage of a rebuild unless they're positive Hackenberg is a legitimate 15 year starter and I don't know how that's possible. Otherwise if they do it, they're making the move because Maccagnan does not feel he has job security IMO.

Not the right time to add a back for a number of reasons and taking a back in the first is rarely a good idea. 

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Clevelend trading with the Jets here always seemed odd. You'd think Cleveland would want to get ahead of the Jets if they love Trubisky. 

The cost is what will keep the Jets an option . It would cost the Browns less to deal with the Jets who really want to trade down, but would take Trubisky just to prove it because he fits a need for this team . 

2 hours ago, Dcronin said:

DC

To move back you need a partner.  Cleveland was suppose to be said partner. 

If you can't, I think CB would be the better option, but I don't think the Jets would pass on Fournette.

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

This is impossible, our resident NFL expert says that no team run by Paul DePodesto would ever take Trubiski because our resident expert who is a proven, bonafied QB guru, does not like Trubiski, and he clearly would know. 

JN has a resident NFL expert?  Confused...

Last year the Browns passed on Carson Wentz. Traded him away. he starts hot 4-1. 

Meanwhile, this year, they've got Cody Kessler and Brock Osweiler 1-2 on the depth chart. 

But yeah the Browns are dumb and everyone else is smart. 

Trade down every year, never have the balls to make a pick, that's no way to go through life 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I'm gonna say that Watson can throw it harder than has been reported. I've never watched him and thought his arm was weak. 

he does have a ton of interceptions and his team was friggin stacked. He throws deep but maybe he had to put everything into it and lacked accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

The cost is what will keep the Jets an option . It would cost the Browns less to deal with the Jets who really want to trade down, but would take Trubisky just to prove it because he fits a need for this team . 

If Fournette is ther, maybe the Colts want to trade to #6. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Watson is going to be a poor man's Alex Smith

Watson's floor is what Vince Young was.  His ceiling is what Vince Young could have been. 

It's funny you gave him the poor man's Alex Smith label, because that is EXACTLY what Trubisky looks like to me.

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Watson's floor is what Vince Young was.  His ceiling is what Vince Young could have been. 

It's funny you gave him the poor man's Alex Smith label, because that is EXACTLY what Trubisky looks like to me.

This is what I don't understand about the Watson bashers? His floor is Vince Young but many said that Young failed because he threw sidearm, was as dumb as a box of rocks, and was not a hard worker. 

So let's take a look at Watsons attributes relative to Youngs. Both were winners, and found ways to carry their teams. That's where it ends. Watson is also known as very intelligent, a student of the game, driven to get better, and an extremely hard worker & leader. I think Watsons upside is Donavon McNabb & after watching the sh*tshow I've witnessed at QB for this Jets team, if Macc takes Watson his pick I'll be a happy Jet fan.

Archived