Heard a rumor: Gregg all and about to check out

HighPitch

First I had heard of this.  Just checked.  Looks like Gregg is denying the hospice rumors.  Let's hope he's being honest.

Gregg Allman says he's resting at home in Savannah, Ga. — on doctor's orders — despite reports Monday that he had entered hospice care. 

"I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending. Looking forward to seeing everyone again," the 69-year-old Allman Brothers Band veteran said on Facebook. "Keep Rockin'."

Allman announced in mid-March that he wouldn't be touring in 2017 and offered refunds to fans who'd purchased tickets for shows in June. 

It's unclear where the hospice rumors originated, but stories from an Iowa radio station and Relix magazine, along with a concerned tweet from country star Travis Tritt, gained a high profile before Allman's team set the record straight.

Allman, who had a liver transplant in 2010 after contracting hepatitis C, also axed shows in 2011 to recover from a transplant-related respiratory infection. In 2016 he canceled shows because of unspecified "serious health issues" that were being treated by the Mayo Clinic.

12 hours ago, HighPitch said:

In hospice. Won't be long now. Hope he sees his brother peacefully

huge loss to rock n roll

Notice all the Bros covers this weekend?  

Sad stuff.  I've actually visited Duane's resting place in Macon.  It's in one of the coolest cemetery's you'll ever go to.  The statue of the inspiration behind "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" is there.  His resting place is sooo cool.  I'm not sure that he'd be able to fit his brother in though...but I would imagine they'd put him somewhere close.

1189_123886960198.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived