JetNation is Expanding; Want to Help?

JetNation

Due to our increased growth we are looking for additional help. Are you a passionate and die-hard Jets fan? Do you want to be an integral part of the largest independent NY Jets fan community?

If so, we want to hear from you. Please email us at help@JetNation.com.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and how long you have been a Jets fan. We are looking to add additional bloggers, columnists and have some graphics and video related opportunities as well. Be sure to mention any thoughts you have on areas you feel you can help make the site better.

About JetNation

We are a volunteer run fan site in our 12th year. Some months we surpass a million page views and we received hundreds of thousands of visits to the site every month. Our online presence includes:

NY Jets Blog

Jet Nation Forum (Over 3.3 million posts)

JetNation on Facebook (18,500 likes)

@JetNation on Twitter (17,500 followers)

NY Jets Podcast

NY Jets Instagram

Jets YouTube Videos

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
vil0J56USRo

Click here to read the full story...

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think SpermEdwards, KRL (I think that's his username), Bitonti and VillainTheFoe would be good candidates for writers.  TomShane can add a comedy section.  And Kelly is good at posting NBL (nothing but links).

I totally agree! We would love to have any of them if they are interested.

I think Tom Shane should do a weekly YouTube show. That would be amazing! Maybe with Gastineau Lives. We can get the band back together.

Also I nominate SAR I to be involved as follows:

-In a "special guest writer" section containing debates like "PSLs - good idea?" and "The merits of Mark Sanchez".

-In an off-topic section where he talks BMWs and car detailing.

-As "Media coordinator", who gets JN videos posted to the NY tabloids, via YouTube.

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I'd like to see Joewilly12 do a daily piece on the following:

How many years has it been since we won a SB

The QB's who would be the best on the Jets roster.

this would have to be in the pay section, but I'd put up a ten spot per month for access.

If you could not derail this thread, that would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How does the JN expansion draft work btw?  Are we expanding to Vegas or LA?  Also, are only a limited number of posters allowed to be protected, leaving the rest available to be claimed?

I think our expansion is to the U.K.   :)

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Tom Shane should do a weekly YouTube show. That would be amazing! Maybe with Gastineau Lives. We can get the band back together.

I've already worked up the concept for this. It's a half hour show called "BustBus." Basically, you buy me and Angelo a green Escalade and we travel the country interacting with Jets fans and strippers. It has three segments:

1. Meet and Beat The Experts: In this segment, Angelo and I drive to the homes of alleged draft analysts and fantasy football columnists and I confront them on their awful analysis, ultimately antagonizing them into fistfighting Angelo. I think we can get FanDuel to sponsor this one. Looking forward to our Ireland trip to meet Cian.

2. GholstBusters: In this segment, we travel to the homes of former Jets draft busts and arrange to have them fight Angelo in close quarters combat. 

3. Derp Hunter Intervention: in this segment, we designate a poster who produced the most senseless trash posts for the week and we show up at their house, take them to a strip club, and work with them (using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) to find out why their brains are so messed up. And then Angelo fights them.  

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I've already worked up the concept for this. It's a half hour show called "BustBus." Basically, you buy me and Angelo a green Escalade and we travel the country interacting with Jets fans and strippers. It has three segments:

1. Meet and Beat The Experts: In this segment, Angelo and I drive to the homes of alleged draft analysts and fantasy football columnists and I confront them on their awful analysis, ultimately antagonizing them into fistfighting Angelo. I think we can get FanDuel to sponsor this one. Looking forward to our Ireland trip to meet Cian.

2. GholstBusters: In this segment, we travel to the homes of former Jets draft busts and arrange to have them fight Angelo in close quarters combat. 

3. Derp Hunter Intervention: in this segment, we designate a poster who produced the most senseless trash posts for the week and we show up at their house, take them to a strip club, and work with them (using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) to find out why their brains are so messed up. And then Angelo fights them.  

Great plan except your ankle bracelet doesn't let you leave the confines of New Haven County

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think SpermEdwards, KRL (I think that's his username), Bitonti and VillainTheFoe would be good candidates for writers.  TomShane can add a comedy section.  And Kelly is good at posting NBL (nothing but links).

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think I can do something. Generally I dont like to agree to things like this given that it then becomes an obligation and I can get emotionally disinterested with the Jets when they play poorly, such as not watching the last 4 games of last season because I was in "**** this team" mode after watching their performance against the Colts last season. 

With that said, I'll do something every week. Not sure exactly what but I would like to do something a bit different. Maybe if we start next season and we are still unsure about our QB situation I can do weekly write-ups regarding the college QB's leading up to the end of the season and ultimately the 2018 draft. Jetnation's podcast most definitely covers the Jets in-depth, but we dont hear much about current needs of the team relevant to what's happening with college players that could round out the upcoming rookie class for the next season. 

I'll figure it out. But anyway, count me in. I'll figure out what I can provide :D

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Question, are writers still allowed to mock the stupidity of all those who dare disagree with them about anything, if it's in a column?  And there would be no way for them to directly reply to the writer, right?

If this isnt part of the deal then I cant participate. B)

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think I can do something. Generally I dont like to agree to things like this given that it then becomes an obligation and I can get emotionally disinterested with the Jets when they play poorly, such as not watching the last 4 games of last season because I was in "**** this team" mode after watching their performance against the Colts last season. 

With that said, I'll do something every week. Not sure exactly what but I would like to do something a bit different. Maybe if we start next season and we are still unsure about our QB situation I can do weekly write-ups regarding the college QB's leading up to the end of the season and ultimately the 2018 draft. Jetnation's podcast most definitely covers the Jets in-depth, but we dont hear much about current needs of the team relevant to what's happening with college players that could round out the upcoming rookie class for the next season. 

I'll figure it out. But anyway, count me in. I'll figure out what I can provide :D

Will this be in addition to weekly breakdowns of Glennon's passes?

10 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Will this be in addition to weekly breakdowns of Glennon's passes?

Actually, I demand a weekly Glennon recap from Villain!   It's going to be an interesting year regardless how the jets do because Villain made the call way before there was any hype about MG

4 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's great.  I think I'm in the same boat, I didn't do the last week breakdown this year because I was like screw it, who cares what Fitzpatrick did against a Bills team out of it.  

I think the college idea is great, because it's something that's lacking in terms of Jets coverage.  There are a few Jets podcasts, but almost all of it deals with the current team, but not much is aimed at the future.  The only real issue is predicting who will actually make it to the team.  I think I did an Elliot one last year (back when people were debating if we should pick him), worked on it for awhile, and he didn't even come close to our pick, lol.  That's why I'm waiting until after the draft for scouting reports.  And some defensive issues we had last year.  

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I do not appreciate the reference to my senseless trash posts in segment 3, Thomas.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gotta work on my derp

3 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I think you should do a show on

Cheerleaders and their panties

How long do they keep them?

What do they do with them when they are done?

Those who don't wear any?

slap slap slap

I could see this episode entitled, "The Red Wave Follies".

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Archived