Thursday Viewing: NFL Draft or NY Ranger Game?

TuscanyTile2

What will you be watching Thursday night? NFL Draft Or Ranger Game?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What will you be watching Thursday night? NFL Draft Or Ranger Game?

• NFL Draft (Day 1)
    • NY Ranger Game

My son got the lead in his school play. He is playing Jesus in God Spell. I never miss kids events. I found a way to go to the play during the school day for the school.

So I am watching it then, in order to not miss the NFL draft. :)  So at least you know how I voted, lol.

Draft!  

Although, if I was actually a decent Rangers fan, I would watch the game, while following the draft online.  I couldn't care less about the draft networks regurgitating information that's already well known if you actually follow the draft with some video clips and educated guesses as to who will be taken next.  

I rather spend my time looking at forums, to see who most people wanted, and then see how quick they do a 180 and either hate/love the guy that is actually picked, lol.  I love the process of seeing people as they talk themselves into liking the pick, how they were on the fence but a couple of fluff pieces have really pushed them into the positive.  It's not just the Jets, every fan-base goes through the same thing.  

3 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Have to work that night.  Goodell should put it back on the weekend like it should be.

Yeah, but it'll never happen. It's all about TV revenue. I miss those draft parties on a Saturday in the city, watching the first three rounds. So much better. 

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It sucks I'll have to miss day 1 of the draft but I'll be watching the Rangers.

I will probably do my best to time it and check the Jets.  But i can get the pick later during a commercial. I do not have to SEE it.

NHL playoffs are the best sporting events on the planet, nothing is even close. I hate the Rangers but this is a no brainer. I will watch the Rangers game and hope to see the Jets trades out of their spot so I don't need to miss 10 minutes of the game. Or I hope it's intermission when we pick.

2 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Exactly. Plus hockey is the only sport with 2 intermissions. It is a game 2, so who would even contemplate choosing between the two? It's not a game 7

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

ummm no, it is game 1, I guess that mistake is forgivable since i presume you are a red wings fan :P

Watch the game, have the draft on phone/computer.

LGR!!!!

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

If someone is a ranger fan why in the world would they watch the draft over a playoff have?

Henrik+Lundqvist+New+York+Rangers+v+Otta

Last year the #6 pick was in at 8:52 PM which should be right in the middle of the break between the first and second periods.

Either way, I'll be watching the Rangers on the HDTV and the draft on the iPad, it'll work.

SAR I

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

This.  Why even watch the draft anymore? Twitter is a good 3 minutes ahead...

Because then you have to be on twitter.  I have enough douchebags that I deal with in real life. I don't need to set up camp in their digital mecca.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Henrik+Lundqvist+New+York+Rangers+v+Otta

Last year the #6 pick was in at 8:52 PM which should be right in the middle of the break between the first and second periods.

Either way, I'll be watching the Rangers on the HDTV and the draft on the iPad, it'll work.

SAR I

Game is at 7:00pm so there is a good chance the pick comes in between the second and third period

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Game is at 7:00pm so there is a good chance the pick comes in between the second and third period

My mistake, thank you for the correction.

Rangers play very well at 7:00, so this is good news.

SAR I

Archived