What's your ideal draft for Jets?

Powpow

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ideal draft?

Generally speaking, a strongly Offense-driven draft that addresses material weaknesses at QB, RB & WR.  I.e. Offensive Skill Players.

I don't watch college enough to be specific, but if I had to, I would say "ideal" would be:

#6:  Trade back and pass on Trubisky (too Risky) and let Cleveland have him.  Move to #12, gain their Top 2nd Rounder.

#12:  WR, Mike Williams, Clemson.  Tall and Strong, like I like my WR's.  Future legit #1.

2nd Rounder (From Cleveland):  QB, Deshaun Watson.  Best QB in this draft and a winner.  Worth a shot with a 2nd after he falls.  #2 QB after his first camp after crushing Hackenburg and Petty.

2nd Rounder (Our own):  CB, Marlon Humphrey (or similar)

3rd Round:  FS, Marcus Maye (or similar)

3rd Round:  RB, D'Onta Foreman

4th Round:  TE, Jordan Leggett (or similar)

5th Round:  SS, Xavier Woods (or similar)

6th Round:  CB, Jeremy Cutrer (or similar)

7th Round:  WR, Artavis Scott

Round 1 Pick 6: TE – O.J. HOWARD – ALABAMA

Round 2 Pick 7 (39): S – OBI MELIFONWU – CONNECTICUT

Round 3 Pick 6 (70): CB – AHKELLO WITHERSPOON – COLORADO

Round 3 Pick 43 (107): DE/OLB – TREY HENDRICKSON – FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Round 5 Pick 6 (150): RB – JEREMY MCNICHOLS – BOISE STATE

Round 6 Pick 7 (191): CB MARQUEZ WHITE FLORIDA STATE

Round 7 Pick 6 (224): ILB – BEN GEDEON – MICHIGAN

1 minute ago, jetfuel said:

Round 1 Pick 6: TE – O.J. HOWARD – ALABAMA

Round 2 Pick 7 (39): S – OBI MELIFONWU – CONNECTICUT

Round 3 Pick 6 (70): CB – AHKELLO WITHERSPOON – COLORADO

Round 3 Pick 43 (107): DE/OLB – TREY HENDRICKSON – FLORIDA ATLANTIC

Round 5 Pick 6 (150): RB – JEREMY MCNICHOLS – BOISE STATE

Round 6 Pick 7 (191): CB MARQUEZ WHITE FLORIDA STATE

Round 7 Pick 6 (224): ILB – BEN GEDEON – MICHIGAN

I'd have to say I'd love Fournette in 1st and Jeremy Sprinkle at TE in 5th too ... Fournette and Howard gave me a hard choice to make.

...Trade down 4-6 slots, pick up another 2nd round pick.

1. OJ Howard, TE, Alabama

2. Budda Baker, S, Washington

2. Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama

3. Fabian Moreau, CB UCLA 

3. Jabrill Peppers S, Michigan

4. Sidney Jones, CB Washington

5. Samaje Perine, RB Oklahoma 

6. Josh Carraway, OLB TCU

7. George Kittle TE, Iowa

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

This would make me happy:  Trade back to somewhere to where we are a pick or 2 ahead of the Giants.  Pick up an extra 2nd and a 3rd or more.  Take Ramczyk or Robinson there in the low 20's.  With the pair of 2nd rounders, take Engram and either the best Edge rusher or CB on the board a the time.  Or take Edge and CB in the 2nd and grab a TE with one of the 3rd rounders. Use the other 3rd rounder on Elflein or a free safety.

For me, this draft will be a failure without a trade back and accumulating more picks in rounds 2 or 3.  (or next year)

100% agreed but at the same time you need two to tango. Personally I'm not sure enough top tier or top ten talent in this draft  to make anyone want to trade up. This draft is more of a distance race than a sprint. The wealth is in the middle of it. Not sure either of the two top QBs  are good enough for someone to trade away picks to draft them in the top ten. But yes, Macc would be a dolt to not do it if someone was willing to pay to play. 

Maybe a trade down to 12 so they can take Howard. Would love to see an offense with a significant TE in the mix. Hopefully with a new OC it will happen. I want a good return guy on STs I think it's mandatory for a team that has problems putting up 7's. I overpay or draft for that. If we improve in field position it's a big deal. Hard to score when you are backed up inide your 10 yard line half of the time. 

Some of these drafts are very good.  

I just keep coming back to the point that at this point the Jets do not have a viable FS or TE on the roster, so any draft needs at least one of each of those.  If you are 0, they need 2 of each.  

Other than getting those, BPA.

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Some of these drafts are very good.  

I just keep coming back to the point that at this point the Jets do not have a viable FS or TE on the roster, so any draft needs at least one of each of those.  If you are 0, they need 2 of each.  

Other than getting those, BPA.

ASJ could very well be the starter if we don't draft a TE early.  He's got potential.  If only he had a brain.

14 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Weeeelllll if that were the case then I'd be hoping for something like this...

1) OJ Howard - TE

2) Budda Baker - S

2) Fabian Moreau - CB

3) Ryan Anderson - OLB

3) Pat Elflein - C/G

5) George Kittle - TE (We definitely need 2)

6) Jamal Williams - RB

7) Zane Gonzalez - K

A guy can hope right???

Hope is alive OUTSTANDING 

15 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Draft according to strength of draft.

We need to get additional picks if possible, and leave with

EDGE, FS, CB, TE, RB

every other position is negotiable. 

Yeah OK so fill in the names

The perfect mock - throwing caution into the wind??

Trade back with CLE for a 2nd and 5th

1- RB Dalvin Cook

2- CB Adoree Jackson

2- OLB Tim Williams

3- TE G. Everett

5- CB. Ezra Robinson

5- WR Robert Davis

6 - OT Jylan Ware

7 - S Kai Nacua

23 minutes ago, Paradis said:

The perfect mock - throwing caution into the wind??

Trade back with CLE for a 2nd and 5th

1- RB Dalvin Cook

2- CB Adoree Jackson

2- OLB Tim Williams

3- TE G. Everett

5- CB. Ezra Robinson

5- WR Robert Davis

6 - OT Jylan Ware

7 - S Kai Nacua

What's the story on Adoree?  I haven't heard him mentioned all that much but I believe I've read he's a really good prospect.  How come he's not mentioned for the Jets in mocks?  (or maybe he is and I've missed it?)

What's the story on Adoree?  I haven't heard him mentioned all that much but I believe I've read he's a really good prospect.  How come he's not mentioned for the Jets in mocks?  (or maybe he is and I've missed it?)

I Think Jackson has a case to be the most underrated prospect in the entire draft. To think guys like white and King are being mocked ahead of him is silly in my opinion. Unfortunately his name hasn't been linked to the Jets at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Ideal draft

1.6 - Trade w Cleveland for 1.12, 2.1, 4.1

1.12 - Corey Davis - WR - W. Michigan

2.1 - Kevin King - CB - Washington

2.7 - Tarell Basham - OLB - Ohio

3.6 - Antonio Garcia - OT - Troy

3.28 (Trade - Sheldon to Cowboys) - Gerald Everett - TE - South Alabama

3.43 - Jake Butt - TE - Michigan

4.1 - Eddie Jackson - SS - Alabama

5.6 - Brian Hill - RB - Wyoming

6.7 - Matt Milano - LB - Boston College

7.6 - Justin Senior - OT/OG - Mississippi St

Corey Davis is a 2nd round prospect, I'd take King at 1.12 and Davis at 2.1.

6 hours ago, Powpow said:

Yeah OK so fill in the names

Sure. In no order players I like at each position. Ill put a star on each player i want and realistically think we'll draft.

EDGE: charles harris*, hassan reddick*, derek barnett, derrk rivers*, tj watt* tyus bowser, tim williams, ryan anderson*, tarell basham*, takarist mckinley*.

FS: Hooker,* macus williams* obi melifonwy*, buddaaaaa,* and eddie jackson* for a late round pick.

TE: OJ*, Njoku,* jake butt, everett* engram leggett,* and buckey hodge*

CB: Conley, tabor,* adoree,* kevin king,* if we can steal sidney jones* in top of 3rd that'd be a "potential coup for the nyj", white,* awuzi,* fabian,* im leaving quincy wilson out cause I say we skip the whole trying turn a nickel into an outside corner thing, witherspoon,* tankersley,* camerson sutton*is someone i like later in the draft who is very physical, might have to trade into 4 for him though.

RB: Fournette,*i want nothing to do with dalvin cook, mccaffrey, kamara,* donta foreman,* kareem hunt,* samaje perine* maron mack, wayne gallman,* brian hill,* jamal williams,* deveon smith,* donnel pumphrey,* joe williams,* elijah hood*

Hrm - i like this thread... alright, I'll play.... 

1st round: Jamal Adams, S, LSU

2nd round: Tre'Davious White, CB, LSU - great man cover cb 

3rd round: Ryan Anderson LB, Alabama - if he's there in 3rd round, be hard to pass up

3rd round: Jake Butt TE, Michigan

5th round: Chad Hansen, WR, Cal

6th round: Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan (i see him going 5th or 6th round)

7th round: Don't really care - if they can get the rest of these guys or at least 3 or 4 of them - id be really happy. I also wouldn't mind jabril peppers in 2nd round (but I do prefer White)

12 hours ago, The Crusher said:

100% agreed but at the same time you need two to tango. Personally I'm not sure enough top tier or top ten talent in this draft  to make anyone want to trade up. This draft is more of a distance race than a sprint. The wealth is in the middle of it. Not sure either of the two top QBs  are good enough for someone to trade away picks to draft them in the top ten. But yes, Macc would be a dolt to not do it if someone was willing to pay to play. 

Someone will trade up. Probably only one team though, and they'll probably want to get ahead of us with our luck. Then I'd like to trade down a few more times till we have 3 2nds and 3 3rds. 

Then I like some of these guys;

Engram, Shaheen, Kittle

Budda, MArcus Williams

White, King in the 2nd, and King in the 4th, Moreau, Howard Wilson 5th round. 

Tyus Bowser Tim Williams

Kamara, Perine

Lamp, Pocic, Dawkins

Then I'd like Kyle Sloter in the 7th, and his run of hard luck continues being drafted by the Jets. He'd make Petty feel better about his terrible luck. 

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good question I haven't seen him in any mocks going to Jets.  Which is odd because he's also a really good kick/punt returner

19 hours ago, Lil Woody said:

Ideal draft

1.6 - Trade w Cleveland for 1.12, 2.1, 4.1

1.12 - Corey Davis - WR - W. Michigan

2.1 - Kevin King - CB - Washington

2.7 - Tarell Basham - OLB - Ohio

3.6 - Antonio Garcia - OT - Troy

3.28 (Trade - Sheldon to Cowboys) - Gerald Everett - TE - South Alabama

3.43 - Jake Butt - TE - Michigan

4.1 - Eddie Jackson - SS - Alabama

5.6 - Brian Hill - RB - Wyoming

6.7 - Matt Milano - LB - Boston College

7.6 - Justin Senior - OT/OG - Mississippi St

Winner :o 

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

3rd round: Ryan Anderson LB, Alabama - if he's there in 3rd round, be hard to pass up

7th round: Don't really care - if they can get the rest of these guys or at least 3 or 4 of them - id be really happy. I also wouldn't mind jabril peppers in 2nd round (but I do prefer White)

I really like this one too!  The fact that all these mocks leave the Jets with some awesome talent is very refreshing.  You could really see how deep this draft is.  I love the pairing of Adams and White in the secondary with them being teammates at LSU.  I think that'll add an additional dynamic and sort of speed up their progression due to their familiarity with each other.  

I'm a huge fan of Butt and what he can bring to the table if healthy.  I think Hansen goes a little earlier but I can also see him slipping to the fifth round.   

15 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I really like this one too!  The fact that all these mocks leave the Jets with some awesome talent is very refreshing.  You could really see how deep this draft is.  I love the pairing of Adams and White in the secondary with them being teammates at LSU.  I think that'll add an additional dynamic and sort of speed up their progression due to their familiarity with each other.  

I'm a huge fan of Butt and what he can bring to the table if healthy.  I think Hansen goes a little earlier but I can also see him slipping to the fifth round.   

I have same dream of the LSU teammates (wouldn't mind getting Fournette or Lattimore there, if adams gets picked up by chicago or tennessee) 

I had same suspicion that Hansen may drop. 

1 hour ago, JetFanatic said:

I'm a Butt man myself. So many TEs in this draft. We need to get at least 2. At least 1 that can become a true Y. Saheen, or Butt will do. I'll take Sprinkle, or Kittle if they drop to late 5, or 6. Culkin, or jarwin in the 7th would be great value. We cannot waste this TE draft like we did the receivers from 2014. 

I'd like Engram as an F if he drops. Basically a giant WR who would be a mid 1st round pick most years. 

10 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

I have same dream of the LSU teammates (wouldn't mind getting Fournette or Lattimore there, if adams gets picked up by chicago or tennessee) 

I had same suspicion that Hansen may drop. 

There are a lot of players I would not mind at 6 and I definitely wouldn't mind Fournette.  

If Hansen falls past the 3rd or 4th round then someone is going to get a great value pick.  I can easily see him turning into an Eric Decker or even a Jordy Nelson type receiver.   I cannot believe this draft is tomorrow.

8 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I'm a Butt man myself. So many TEs in this draft. We need to get at least 2. At least 1 that can become a true Y. Saheen, or Butt will do. I'll take Sprinkle, or Kittle if they drop to late 5, or 6. Culkin, or jarwin in the 7th would be great value. We cannot waste this TE draft like we did the receivers from 2014. 

I'd like Engram as an F if he drops. Basically a giant WR who would be a mid 1st round pick most years. 

At first I was torn on Engram because we have Enunwa who's almost the same build/type of player, but I wouldn't mind haven't two big strong players who are interchangeable as far as their positions go.  Barring no trade downs and trade ups (please no) I could totally see either.. Howard/Budda Baker with our 1st and 2nd round picks or Jamal Adams/Even Engram.  I'd be truly in heaven

13 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Holy fuuuck that would be simply awful.

Great stuff guys. So many insightful perspectives on all these players and interesting picks.  Personally, my favorite move mentioned was trading back, getting an additional 2nd rounder and taking the OL Ramczyk. However, with that said, ideally to me is also based on reality. Just don't see the Browns trading their 2nd to us. If anything that trade goes via Tennessee.  But we could still trade back with another team. So my ideal/realistic draft with the trade back would be:

1- OL Ramczyk

2- OLB Jordan Willis

2-   S Buddy Baker 

3- CB Jalen Tabor

3- TE Gerald Everett

5- WR Chad Hansen

6- RB Jamaal Williams

7-K  Zane Gonzalez

Without the trade back and not having that extra 2nd I'd have switch priorities. I just don't see Fournette or Adams, my top 2 choices, being there. So I'd go go BAP which also serves a dire need. 

1-S Hooker or CB Lattimore

2- OLB Willis

3-S Evans or CB Tabor

3- TE Everett

5- ILB Beckwith

6- RB Williams

7- K Gonzalez

7 minutes ago, Powpow said:

But we could still trade back with another team. So my ideal/realistic draft with the trade back would be:

1- OL Ramczyk

I like it but who is the trade with? Where are we picking him? 15/20/25? That would make all the difference based on who we passed up for a RT prospect off a hip surgery who MIGHT be able to convert to LT.  I believe he can do it fwiw, so I'd like the pick.

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I like it but who is the trade with? Where are we picking him? 15/20/25? That would make all the difference based on who we passed up for a RT prospect off a hip surgery who MIGHT be able to convert to LT.  I believe he can do it fwiw, so I'd like the pick.

Of course that pick is contingent on trading with someone where we'd be picking before Giants or Broncos who are both desperate for a premier tackle.  Perhaps Cards, Eagles. Someone appears to be enamored with Watson and we'd be the perfect trading partner to make that happen- Texans?

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

Of course that pick is contingent on trading with someone where we'd be picking before Giants or Broncos who are both desperate for a premier tackle.  Perhaps Cards, Eagles. Someone appears to be enamored with Watson and we'd be the perfect trading partner to make that happen- Texans?

Helping the Eagles AND snaking the OT that (I believe) the Giants would want most in this class would be a nice double eff you to the little boys blue. I'd just hope somebody gets Njoku before their pick as well.

Archived