What's your ideal draft for Jets?

Powpow

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most ideal?  Give up as many 2017 picks as possible for 2018 picks.  Especially our 1st and 2nd rounders.  End up with at least 3 1st rounders next year.

I'd imagine odds are slim of that happening though.

But this team has so many needs, it's almost impossible to be disappointed regardless of the outcome.  We just better not end up with another QB who can't play for years.

1 hour ago, Powpow said:

Ideal draft would be to trade back as many times as possible. Realistically, trade out of first and get a 2nd. So a 1, two 2's, two 3's a 5th, 6th, 7th.  CB, Edge LB, TE, S, RB, CB, ILB, K ......Fill in the names. 

Weeeelllll if that were the case then I'd be hoping for something like this...

1) OJ Howard - TE

2) Budda Baker - S

2) Fabian Moreau - CB

3) Ryan Anderson - OLB

3) Pat Elflein - C/G

5) George Kittle - TE (We definitely need 2)

6) Jamal Williams - RB

7) Zane Gonzalez - K

A guy can hope right???

12 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Weeeelllll if that were the case then I'd be hoping for something like this...

1) OJ Howard - TE

2) Budda Baker - S

2) Fabian Moreau - CB

3) Ryan Anderson - OLB

3) Pat Elflein - C/G

5) George Kittle - TE (We definitely need 2)

6) Jamal Williams - RB

7) Zane Gonzalez - K

A guy can hope right???

That would be an amazing haul, although I would put Nathan Peterman in for Ryan Anderson.  Would love to see the versatility of this team if we could put 2 TEs in like Kittle and Howard, with Powell, and 2 WRs.

Replace both safeties and a CB.

A starting TE and backup TE.

A RB that can do a power running game.

An ILB to replace Harris.

A QB to replace Petty in the cue-someone who ran a prostyle offense, like Peterman or Torgersen.

I am fine going with the OL, DL and WR that the Jets have, this year.

Go Offense in the first two rounds. Draft a CB and S with the two third rounders and depending on circumstances(trades etc) fill in the gaps. If they don't draft a QB in the first two rounds I gotta say Peterman would be the guy in the later rounds for me.

3 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Go Offense in the first two rounds. Draft a CB and S with the two third rounders and depending on circumstances(trades etc) fill in the gaps. If they don't draft a QB in the first two rounds I gotta say Peterman would be the guy in the later rounds for me.

I prefer Mr. Pitt.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

A RB that can do a power running game.

This isn't 1986.  Power running game is obsolete except to run out the clock in the 4th quarter, and you don't need a so called power back to do it you need an elite OL.  Any RB drafte, or signed should be versatile in today's NFL, and the L Blounts of the world should be your 3rd string RB that gets 5 carries a game for 3rd and 4th and inches, inside the 1 yard line and late 4th quarter and should not be paid anything more then Vet minimum, and you should never allocate a premium draft pick on a so called power back.

That is all.

I want Foster in the 2nd round...I'm watching him interview now on Mike and Mike and he's just sssssuper, duper dumb. Like off the charts dumb, I like him though, Por favor in round 2!!!

Foster and Baker are my two favorite players in the draft....wish we could get both in R2

My ideal draft for the Jets would be to simply find starters. We need help in so many different places outside of defensive line. IF we can get 3 or 4 starters in the draft on this team that would be tremendous. 

It honestly doesnt matter what position given that we have holes everywhere. That would be a great bounce back for Mikey Macc. 

Oh, and please go offense in the 1st round. This defense in the first round is getting ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My ideal draft for the Jets would be to simply find starters. We need help in so many different places outside of defensive line. IF we can get 3 or 4 starters in the draft on this team that would be tremendous. 

It honestly doesnt matter what position given that we have holes everywhere. That would be a great bounce back for Mikey Macc. 

Oh, and please go offense in the 1st round. This defense in the first round is getting ridiculous. 

Mr. Villian, meet Mr.Mike Williams.:D

6 minutes ago, section314 said:

Mr. Villian, meet Mr.Mike Williams.:D

I probably wouldnt mind that even though Im more of a Corey Davis guy. Either way we do need a guy who would be a #1 because we certainly dont have one now and Decker will most likely not be a Jet next season. 

With that said, Im really hoping for a trade down and picking up Christian McCaffery. That dude is a secret weapon because he's so versatile yet so efficient in his versatility. Thats what this team needs, guys that are playmakers. 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

In the first five rounds: Safety, tight end, kicker, punter, conditioning coach. Then I'd prefer we trade our 6th and 7th rounders for extra 5th rounders next year. 

CAN YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY FOR ONCE?!!!!

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

I probably wouldnt mind that even though Im more of a Corey Davis guy. Either way we do need a guy who would be a #1 because we certainly dont have one now and Decker will most likely not be a Jet next season. 

With that said, Im really hoping for a trade down and picking up Christian McCaffery. That dude is a secret weapon because he's so versatile yet so efficient in his versatility. Thats what this team needs, guys that are playmakers. 

He is a very good weapon. Sounding like he goes no lower than 8th, Panthers.

An announcement that they've traded back from #6 would be the start of a good draft for me. I'd be content if they traded out of the first altogether for a package that included a first next year. 

This would make me happy:  Trade back to somewhere to where we are a pick or 2 ahead of the Giants.  Pick up an extra 2nd and a 3rd or more.  Take Ramczyk or Robinson there in the low 20's.  With the pair of 2nd rounders, take Engram and either the best Edge rusher or CB on the board a the time.  Or take Edge and CB in the 2nd and grab a TE with one of the 3rd rounders. Use the other 3rd rounder on Elflein or a free safety.

For me, this draft will be a failure without a trade back and accumulating more picks in rounds 2 or 3.  (or next year)

1 minute ago, slats said:

An announcement that they've traded back from #6 would be the start of a good draft for me. I'd be content if they traded out of the first altogether for a package that included a first next year. 

if they traded back to #12 and took howard, that's as good of a 1st round as i could hope.  then in the 2nd if they got a cb and s, that will have seriously upgraded 3 positions of weakness.  with 2 picks in round 3, how about addressing rb/wr/OL.

Ideal draft

1.6 - Trade w Cleveland for 1.12, 2.1, 4.1

1.12 - Corey Davis - WR - W. Michigan

2.1 - Kevin King - CB - Washington

2.7 - Tarell Basham - OLB - Ohio

3.6 - Antonio Garcia - OT - Troy

3.28 (Trade - Sheldon to Cowboys) - Gerald Everett - TE - South Alabama

3.43 - Jake Butt - TE - Michigan

4.1 - Eddie Jackson - SS - Alabama

5.6 - Brian Hill - RB - Wyoming

6.7 - Matt Milano - LB - Boston College

7.6 - Justin Senior - OT/OG - Mississippi St

First of all Trade back as many times as you can without leaving the top 18. DONT draft a QB until at least the 4th round under any circumstances!  Watson is NOT that good he is pretty much this year's Geno Smith. If they don't trade back and Leonard Fournette is there at 6 You have to take him because he is going to be a Stud RB in the NFL. But I would much rather pick in the back end of the 1st even if we have to take a guy like Marlon Humphrey or Gareon Conley or a WR like John Ross or Mike Williams is fine with me. Maybe we can hit Paydirt in the 2nd round and hope Dalvin Cook is still there because that would be a pure gift to say the least. The guyoung is dropping down so they say but who cares all he did in College is Dominate most teams that FSU played! Fishers offense is as close to an NFL offense you are going to find. 1 can hope! 

Rd1 - Fournette

Rd2 - Kevin King CB(Was)

Rd3 - Dion Dawkins G/T(Temple)

Rd4 - Jordan Leggett TE (Clemson ) or  Adam Shaheen TE ( Ashland)

Rd5 - Montae Nicholson S ( Mich St) or  Kendall Beckwith LB ( LSU)

Rd 6 - Amara Darboh Wr (Mich)

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Look what's important here is that we trade down and acquire more picks. Every year, do that. It doesn't matter if there are no teams interested in trading up. That's not part of my plan.

Don't you get it?

More picks = MORE picks

Archived