Mahomes will be a superstar......better grab him b@tches!

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I've watched every YouTube reel on him and what's the issue here?

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

he makes touchdowns out of blown plays

open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

Fwiw, I'm on the Mahomes bandwagon but who knows.  Supposedly he's an interception machine and some say he can't read defenses.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Fwiw, I'm on the Mahomes bandwagon but who knows.  Supposedly he's an interception machine and some say he can't read defenses.  

Mahomes is the only QB Kingsbury ever gave full ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage based off him reading the defensive coverage, and I'd say he did alright making the correct reads, and checks into plays most times based on his final stats.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

Um, many experts are saying he's the best QB talent in the draft. But good job acting like you discovered him on YouTube.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Mahomes is the only QB Kingsbury ever gave full ability to change the play at the line of scrimmage based off him reading the defensive coverage, and I'd say he did alright making the correct reads, and checks into plays most times based on his final stats.

I think I'm quoting the Fox Sports guy that Francesa interviewed today.  I realize that a lot of these "experts" know nothing btw.  Heck, GMs get picks wrong all the time too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes II (5) calls

Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes II (5) calls a play at the line of scrimmage during the second half of an NCAA college football game against Baylor, Friday, Nov. 25, 2016, in Arlington, Texas. (AP Photo/Ron Jenkins) Photo Credit: AP / Ron Jenkins

Oh man - I'm sold! :)

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Um, many experts are saying he's the best QB talent in the draft. But good job acting like you discovered him on YouTube.

I'm not.

2 months ago he was a 4th rounder. Now he may be top 6 or 12 pick hint hint

nah let's grab one of the injury prone safeties or corners. It's not risky :)

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

that is all

I'm in. If he sucks we just take Sam next year.,win win and shit. 

30 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

that is all

The fact that you're trying to scout a player through YouTube reels.

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

He has the look of a leader, a champion. None of those other guys have that.

Right. He's never won more than 7 games in his collegiate career and one of the other guys has won a national title against Alabama, but it's the poor man's Pat White/Colin Kaepernick who looks like a champion.  Got it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

This is a crazy article on him

drafted out of high school by the tigers for his 95 mph fastball?

wake up white people

http://www.stack.com/a/meet-patrick-mahomes-ii-the-two-sport-freak-whos-already-the-talk-of-the-2017-nfl-draft

BOomer Esiason was an outstanding pitcher.  won the Carl Yaz award in 1979.  MAny QBs played pitcher....  Kapernick for example. 

• Upvote 1

The New York Jets still have one big question mark when it comes to their quarterback situation. Heading into the 2017 NFL Draft, Patrick Mahomes could be the answer they’re looking for in the future.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech could be a real steal in the 2017 NFL Draft. The big question, however, for the New York Jets, comes down to if he has what it takes to be a solid option in the future? The Jets still don’t have an established franchise quarterback as it’s best they keep drafting more until one is eventually revealed.

The Jets have had a frustrating time in finding a true starting quarterback. That’s why it makes sense for them to consider taking a chance with Mahomes. At 6’2″ and weighing in at 230 pounds, he kind of looks like Ben Roethlisberger in size with the throwing abilities of Matthew Stafford. Mahomes has a very strong arm when he is in the pocket or on the run.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Sorry i can't be flown in on my private jet like you can for personal workouts 

Finding full game tape on this thing on the internet isn't that hard buddy but please, continue to bust a nut to highlight reels with sh*tty rap and trap music if that gets you in the mood.  Don't let me stop you.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Finding full game tape on this thing on the internet isn't that hard buddy but please, continue to bust a nut to highlight reels with sh*tty rap and trap music if that gets you in the mood.  Don't let me stop you.

Do you feel good? Is it fun for you to be a rude prick on the internet? Tell me about your childhood

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Not gonna lie Mahomes has become my favorite QB prospect this year. Also gonna be honest that I'm starting to pay more attention to their personality in interviews and off field things. You listen to enough coaches and experts they almost all say the same with QBs. Most who get drafted early have enough talent, it usually comes down to the intagibles and character or make up of the QB....so anyway, as a layman fan I've at least tried to pay more attention to those things....imo this is where Mahomes elevates, Watson has stayed on par and for me, Trubisky and Kizer scare me. Take into consideration now, skill sets etc, I honestly think Mahomes is the best QB prospect in a weak class.  

Do you watch full games though? Mogglez will be happy if you do

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The New York Jets still have one big question mark when it comes to their quarterback situation. Heading into the 2017 NFL Draft, Patrick Mahomes could be the answer they’re looking for in the future.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech could be a real steal in the 2017 NFL Draft. The big question, however, for the New York Jets, comes down to if he has what it takes to be a solid option in the future? The Jets still don’t have an established franchise quarterback as it’s best they keep drafting more until one is eventually revealed.

The Jets have had a frustrating time in finding a true starting quarterback. That’s why it makes sense for them to consider taking a chance with Mahomes. At 6’2″ and weighing in at 230 pounds, he kind of looks like Ben Roethlisberger in size with the throwing abilities of Matthew Stafford. Mahomes has a very strong arm when he is in the pocket or on the run.

Yeah, looks just like Ben except for the fact that Ben is 6'5 240 not 6'2.  

He also throws just like Stafford, except he can't actually throw from the pocket or take snaps under center.  

Mahomes is still basically the same as these guys though, don't be fooled!

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Youtube has full game play by play but I've only seen it on TV angle. WHere on the internet can you actually watch real "game tape".

Not that the youtube TV angle is bad for layman viewing. 

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

That's kinda how you're supposed to study prospects Rain Man.  Not by watching a "Patrick Mahomes II Texas Tech QB 2016-2017 HIGHLIGHTS ||HD" video to the tune of "Mask Off" by Future.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Youtube has full game play by play but I've only seen it on TV angle. WHere on the internet can you actually watch real "game tape".

Not that the youtube TV angle is bad for layman viewing. 

Torrents are a man's best friend. A couple of the bigger collegiate forums have links to full games with alternate views.  When there's a will there's a way.  

TV angle is fine though if you don't feel like going the extra mile.  I have no issue if you use YouTube to find full games.  I have a problem with using highlight reels that made Tajh Boyd look like the best QB to come out in decades to judge a guy.

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I just asked him where you can watch real birds eye game tape, that would be sorta cool to watch. YOu can watch full games on youtube, just like you would to decipher the NFL games. I literally watched 6,7 Jimmy Garrapolo games that way. It's just super boojee to make fun of youtube vids. Like wikipedia, as if it's not revelant bc it's not impenetrable of faults. 

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, looks just like Ben except for the fact that Ben is 6'5 240 not 6'2.  

He also throws just like Stafford, except he can't actually throw from the pocket or take snaps under center.  

Mahomes is still basically the same as these guys though, don't be fooled!

Says you. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Torrents are a man's best friend. A couple of the bigger collegiate forums have links to full games with alternate views.  When there's a will there's a way.  

TV angle is fine though if you don't feel like going the extra mile.  I have no issue if you use YouTube to find full games.  I have a problem with using highlight reels that made Tajh Boyd look like the best QB to come out in decades to judge a guy.

I agree on highlight reels. But the torrents just sound like too much work too. I think a happy medium without being bored to death is that you can watch full games on youtube. Most clips are neatly edited. THat is cool that you can find that though. If i were younger and more into it like I was in years past i'd be all over that stuff. Especially for DBs....and qbs actually.

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Says you. 

Ben is 6'5 240.  Mahomes is not.

Matthew Stafford played in a pro style offense and knew how to effectively operate from under center and in the pocket before he stepped foot on an NFL field.  Mahomes has done none of those things yet and it's something every scout agrees he will have to adjust to in the NFL.

So no, it's not just me JW12. 

• Upvote 1