Mahomes will be a superstar......better grab him b@tches!

44 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok a challenge:

somebody post me a highlight reel of any qb that is as exciting as mahomes. Any qb that ever played the game. just for sh*tz n giggles

New challenge: Exciting youtube highlight reels aren't how you scout a QB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Ok a challenge:

somebody post me a highlight reel of any qb that is as exciting as mahomes. Any qb that ever played the game. just for sh*tz n giggles

There's a ton but I'll just go with the most exciting college QB ever for as you say, sh*tz and giggles. 

• Upvote 1

Another thing he does well: he doesnt just focus on one guy, he scans the field and finds whos open.

who knows if he will be able to read defenses well, thats a fair point. But if he can, wow. But even if not, he'll put the ball where it needs to be for his guys to make a play. and it will be a bullet. Hard to defend that kind of ability. Not sure where the "inaccuracy" comments are coming from

It's the Big 12, everyone is open.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Come see a Sophmore Mahomes play against the 2nd best defense in college football the last 2 years.

I referenced this game earlier.  I was excited to see that Offense vs. a real D....and they smoked Texas Tech 56-28.  Mahomes barely completed 50% of his passes and was sacked like 7 times.  I wouldnt call that a great example of him showing up vs.a real D.

17 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Come see a Sophmore Mahomes play against the 2nd best defense in college football the last 2 years.

his O-line didn't help him much and quite a few drops on very well placed passes.

DRAFT MAHOMES!

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

I referenced this game earlier.  I was excited to see that Offense vs. a real D....and they smoked Texas Tech 56-28.  Mahomes barely completed 50% of his passes and was sacked like 7 times.  I wouldnt call that a great example of him showing up vs.a real D.

Really?  The game was 21-20 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, Texas Tech has ZERO NFL caliber players on offense besides Mahomes, and that LSU D has what 8 future NFL starters?  The minute he got the snap there was a defender in his face, half of his incompletions were throwing the ball away, something he is supposed to do, I think LSU ran for like 400 yards in this game the Tech D is an embarrassment.  Mahomes looked the part of an NFL stud if you actually WATCH the game not just look at his final stat line from the box score.

Here is a condensed version with just the plays cutting the watch time in half.

• Upvote 1

Im not a scout. Neither are you. 

Find me a better highlight reel

I might not be a scout, but I have been paid to write about the draft before JI bought Scout.com. Scouting is a lot more complex than exciting highlight reels, I'll post my old draft reports when I get home. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Really?  The game was 21-20 with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter, Texas Tech has ZERO NFL caliber players on offense besides Mahomes, and that LSU D has what 8 future NFL starters?  The minute he got the snap there was a defender in his face, half of his incompletions were throwing the ball away, something he is supposed to do, I think LSU ran for like 400 yards in this game the Tech D is an embarrassment.  Mahomes looked the part of an NFL stud if you actually WATCH the game not just look at his final stat line from the box score.

Here is a condensed version with just the plays cutting the watch time in half.

I just told you I watched the game.  I remember it well.  He struggled.  He wasnt good on 3rd downs, he missed a few throws and had a few dropped INT's.  A lot of passes broken up too.  His OL didnt help him but he creates a lot of unnecessary pressure.  He wants to escape, what he does after is truly impressive at times but again, you're not getting away with that in the NFL.  

It was his one time vs. a real D and while he put up impressive #'s, if you actually WATCH the game, he was underwhelming sans a couple of those Houdini like escapes and bullets down field.  Meanwhile, they got their doors blown off.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I just told you I watched the game.  I remember it well.  He struggled.  He wasnt good on 3rd downs, he missed a few throws and had a few dropped INT's.  A lot of passes broken up too.  His OL didnt help him but he creates a lot of unnecessary pressure.  He wants to escape, what he does after is truly impressive at times but again, you're not getting away with that in the NFL.  

It was his one time vs. a real D and while he put up impressive #'s, if you actually WATCH the game, he was underwhelming sans a couple of those Houdini like escapes and bullets down field.  Meanwhile, they got their doors blown off.  

Those Houdini like escapes don't work in the pros. That's why I said he had some Manziel in him.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Those Houdini like escapes don't work in the pros. That's why I said he had some Manziel in him.

100%.  He's got a few plays on their where he legit turns his back to the LOS.  Try that in the NFL, see what happens. 

It's one thing if you see a lot of NFL style throws from the pocket and he's got a couple of those sprinkled in, but when damn near his entire career is based on those types of plays...that's scary.  

I just think he's going to take a ton of work.  I'm not saying he cant overcome it but I've got my doubts. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, JiF said:

We watched different games then.  His 3 TD passes were all from the pocket, including a Aaron Rodgers esque draw them offsides and hit the deep bomb for a TD.

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

100%.  He's got a few plays on their where he legit turns his back to the LOS.  Try that in the NFL, see what happens. 

It's one thing if you see a lot of NFL style throws from the pocket and he's got a couple of those sprinkled in, but when damn near his entire career is based on those types of plays...that's scary.  

I just think he's going to take a ton of work.  I'm not saying he cant overcome it but I've got my doubts. 

Yeah, he's a FUN prospect more than anything. Ideal size/arm talent/athleticism, but needs to sit a year at least with a QB savy HC. That's why Arizona and KC make so much sense for him

3 hours ago, JiF said:

There's a ton but I'll just go with the most exciting college QB ever for as you say, sh*tz and giggles. 

Pretty good. But not nearly as impressive as mahomes. Seriously!

no doubt he could scramble and avoid tackles for long foot yardage but mahomes has 75% of that down plus the rocket arm that puts the ball only where his receiver can snag it even if they are being covered.

thanks though. Anyone else?

20 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I've watched every YouTube reel on him and what's the issue here?

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

he makes touchdowns out of blown plays

open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

Because every time someone says "Pat Mahomes" I think of "Pat McGroin"

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Pretty good. But not nearly as impressive as mahomes. Seriously!

no doubt he could scramble and avoid tackles for long foot yardage but mahomes has 75% of that down plus the rocket arm that puts the ball only where his receiver can snag it even if they are being covered.

thanks though. Anyone else?

nowords.gif~c200

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Wow. He was harassed all night constantly on the run making guys miss and throwing for long gains in every direction imaginable..... unreal thanks for sharing

kinda looks farvesque

4 hours ago, the Claw said:

The guy's line is waaay overmatched in that game. He manages to pull off some good stuff, but the guy is 3rd/4th round type of player. Sorry.

Sadly your mistaken! He will be gone tomorrow night which BTW is 1st round! Sorry! 

• Upvote 1

this is more in line with what I see.
Does he need to work on his drops, and depth in his drops, YES... he will have minor things to adjust physically that don't effect his arm or throwing motion.
Does he need to learn the pro game, YES, just like every other QB in this draft and most drafts. People are mentioning his level of competition, sure its not preferable, but a lot of people were on the Wentz bandwagon and look at his level of competition, plus Wentz missed a bunch of games. People are trying to find all the reasons not to draft a QB, whether its Watson or Mahomes, Trubisky, or any QB in any year. 
Does he posses all the physical tools and abilities? YES.
Is he teachable? Seems to be from what I have seen and read about him. 
This is a kid I would absolutely be willing to draft. However, every time I like or want us to draft a QB we don't so I am prepared to not have Mahomes be a JET. 

Look at his LSU game in 2015 as a Soph to get a good idea vs a top level defense. He made plays all over the place. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/25/2017 at 8:18 PM, joewilly12 said:

The New York Jets still have one big question mark when it comes to their quarterback situation. Heading into the 2017 NFL Draft, Patrick Mahomes could be the answer they’re looking for in the future.

Quarterback Patrick Mahomes out of Texas Tech could be a real steal in the 2017 NFL Draft. The big question, however, for the New York Jets, comes down to if he has what it takes to be a solid option in the future? The Jets still don’t have an established franchise quarterback as it’s best they keep drafting more until one is eventually revealed.

The Jets have had a frustrating time in finding a true starting quarterback. That’s why it makes sense for them to consider taking a chance with Mahomes. At 6’2″ and weighing in at 230 pounds, he kind of looks like Ben Roethlisberger in size with the throwing abilities of Matthew Stafford. Mahomes has a very strong arm when he is in the pocket or on the run.

Draft him.. seriously... Mahomes needs to be a JETS player.

• Upvote 1

My prediction for Mahomes if he gets drafted by the Jets

He will get pummelled and beatin into submission and quickly and be out of football in 4 years

try out for the Mets as a pitcher in minor league for a while until he finally concedes to the cruel harsh realities of a 40 hr week job

• Upvote 1