Mahomes will be a superstar......better grab him b@tches!

3 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Not that it means anything but I enjoyed his interview on WFAN this morning.  Sense of humor, humble and beyond his years.

See, I think that means a lot. At least for those top guys. He seems like he's a legit confident kid. But in the right way. Liked him a lot of game changers and on a couple other programs too. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

Not that it means anything but I enjoyed his interview on WFAN this morning.  Sense of humor, humble and beyond his years.

I almost posted the same thing this morning. Sounds the part. Loves the game. I had a bigger boner than usual while driving the GS Parkway this AM

11 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I agree on highlight reels. But the torrents just sound like too much work too. I think a happy medium without being bored to death is that you can watch full games on youtube. Most clips are neatly edited. THat is cool that you can find that though. If i were younger and more into it like I was in years past i'd be all over that stuff. Especially for DBs....and qbs actually.

It can certainly be tedious, but I'm young with time to kill and lovvvvveee dissecting QB stuff (for now at least lol).  I played QB back in High School and for the most part enjoyed film study.  This really isn't far off from doing that all over again.  DB's (particularly FS) are farrrrrr more fun to watch with the more intricate tapes.  With the way that the college game has gone (spread, air-raid, & option offenses becoming the norm), QBs are becoming more and more difficult to project and study so getting your hands on as much stuff as possible certainly helps.

1 minute ago, shuler82 said:

I almost posted the same thing this morning. Sounds the part. Loves the game. I had a bigger boner than usual while driving the GS Parkway this AM

Did anyone else see Trubisky on Gruden. He was sh*tting his pants. Look, that's not a knock. He's a young super talented kid but he is NOT ready to start for an NFL team next year.  No way. He's like the flashing cautionary sign of getting destroyed by the NFL before he even has a chance...imo.

Maybe Mahomes is too, maybe they all are this year...but if I'm gonna take a chance on one it's gonna be Mahomes as he looks more like he can handle it. Watson seems like he can too but Mahomes has that upside. Trubisky man, he already looks shellshocked...def seems like he DEF is gonna need time....that he's probably not gonna get.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

I've watched every YouTube reel on him and what's the issue here?

hes got a cannon arm

he finds open guys

he hits in stride

he scrambles

hes fearless

he makes touchdowns out of blown plays

open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

the same was said of Manziel.  Almost to a word.  Proves nothing.  Comes from a gimmick offense.  He might be good but it's no way a sure thing.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It can certainly be tedious, but I'm young with time to kill and lovvvvveee dissecting QB stuff (for now at least lol).  I played QB back in High School and for the most part enjoyed film study.  This really isn't far off from doing that all over again.  DB's (particularly FS) are farrrrrr more fun to watch with the more intricate tapes.  With the way that the college game has gone (spread, air-raid, & option offenses becoming the norm), QBs are becoming more and more difficult to project and study so getting your hands on as much stuff as possible certainly helps.

I think trying to judge DBs in particular is really hard and borderline stupid from TV angle. It's why you almost just take whatever the teams or scouts say. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, King P said:

I like Mahomes and his potential, but he's gonna need a couple of years to develop.

But the upside is tremendous, not gonna lie

The way I'm sorta looking at this is, out of the 4 (and to really try and simplify something not so simple):

Watson is more NFL ready. Right character and mindset you're looking for. But he's not gonna fit every NFL style, skillset wise. But true leader.

Kizer also seems more NFL ready and has everything you want skillset wise, except he sucks at Football. Doesn't seem to pocess leadership qualities you need.

Trubisky is solid all around, checks all the boxes, except he'd need about 2-3 years he's not gonna get to mature. Deer in headlights.

Mahomes has the elite arm and skill set, The right mind set, but maybe needs a year or two to learn. But Seems to pocess a ton of Moxy and confidence 

soemthing around that imo

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

I thought it was 9 1/4, which he barely reached?

I believe the official measurement was 9' 2/8", yeah.  Honestly though, unless he's below 9' it's not something I'm giving thought too.  Jameis has 9' 3/8" hands and he's doing just fine.  His biggest red flags are way beyond physical traits.

Look I fully understand that all highlight reels make anyone look great.

the thing is if you compare highlight reels, the best of everyone, you can see mahomes is a freak. Way way better than the others. Better than older highlight reels from the past too.

also, this pro style offense criteria....not too many colleges do that so how wise is it to limit your pickings to just them? Seems silly.

just because he didn't run a pro style doesn't mean he couldn't do it.

you can take a corner, and maybe he'll bust. Or, he might be a solid starter. Or he might be a star. If you take a qb, same possibilities. But if the qb turns out solid or a star guess what go back and decide what makes your team better.....the corner or qb.

• Upvote 1

I've watched every YouTube reel on him and what's the issue here?
hes got a cannon arm
he finds open guys
he hits in stride
he scrambles
hes fearless
he makes touchdowns out of blown plays
open your friggin eyes byatches! This kid is going to be super special. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

Texas Techs offense is extremely more complex and complicated than traditional "Air Raids" as some of you like to refer.

Would love to see the Jets somehow end up with Mahomes II, possible but unlikely.

He will not get out of the first round and is projected to Arizona at 13th if no trades happen, also unlikely.

The Giants are very high on Mahomes II which would be a nightmare to anyone reading this post.

Clearly the best QB current and future in this draft. Time will tell.

Conversation though is over Thursday night, he will belong to someone by midnight!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

the same was said of Manziel.  Almost to a word.  Proves nothing.  Comes from a gimmick offense.  He might be good but it's no way a sure thing.  

Ok but that's Manziel. He's also a druggie.

again, just because manziel didn't make it doesn't mean a similar guy couldnt

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok but that's Manziel. He's also a druggie.

again, just because manziel didn't make it doesn't mean a similar guy couldnt

I agree that Manziel's personality ruined him.  But the same exact things you state were stated about him.  Your point was that "it's a sure thing".  Sorry, but it's not.  Obviously you think it's worth the risk at pick 6.  I don't. Many don't.  We are just as likely to be correct as you.  Sure thing my ass.  Your posts would be far more meaningful without all the stupid hyperbole.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I'm not.

2 months ago he was a 4th rounder. Now he may be top 6 or 12 pick hint hint

nah let's grab one of the injury prone safeties or corners. It's not risky :)

Maybe 4th rounder to you 2 months ago, but he was my #1 QB in this draft back in October, get it done Jets!

?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

This is a crazy article on him

drafted out of high school by the tigers for his 95 mph fastball?

wake up white people

http://www.stack.com/a/meet-patrick-mahomes-ii-the-two-sport-freak-whos-already-the-talk-of-the-2017-nfl-draft

All this is posted over in the Draft forum, go venture over there have a look get with the times.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, looks just like Ben except for the fact that Ben is 6'5 240 not 6'2.  

He also throws just like Stafford, except he can't actually throw from the pocket or take snaps under center.  

Mahomes is still basically the same as these guys though, don't be fooled!

truth bombs!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cornfed said:

Are you saying you're alarmed he sailed a couple 8-10 yard throws at a stationary target??

Note I know nothing about this qb. I just like watching stuff like this on the gun. No idea if it is unsettling to miss on a couple throws where your goal is to hit a high number on the gun

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Not gonna lie Mahomes has become my favorite QB prospect this year. Also gonna be honest that I'm starting to pay more attention to their personality in interviews and off field things. You listen to enough coaches and experts they almost all say the same with QBs. Most who get drafted early have enough talent, it usually comes down to the intagibles and character or make up of the QB....so anyway, as a layman fan I've at least tried to pay more attention to those things....imo this is where Mahomes elevates, Watson has stayed on par and for me, Trubisky and Kizer scare me. Take into consideration now, skill sets etc, I honestly think Mahomes is the best QB prospect in a weak class.  

Hell yeah. 

I have to say, Mahomes always looks absolutely fearless, which can cause him to make some stupid throws. I just dont think the NFL will be too big for him mentally.

I love the fact that he's very accurate with a big arm. Too many accurate quarterbacks have fluttering deep throws. His are crisp at any point of the field. 

Problem is, do we have the coaching to fine tune this kid's footwork and mechanics? 

8 hours ago, HighPitch said:

. Stop parroting so called experts.......

that is all

I wish people would do that. I always respected the variety. Always hate when I hear people parroting what the pundits say. Sometimes I can understand, but when it's most of the people saying the same thing it's just boring.

The latest thing I've been hearing is how OJ Howard is "by far" the best blocking TE in this draft. In order to say that you have to Atleast watched a variety of other TE's. The moment you watch George Kittle in comparison you know exactly who's the better blocker.

People make Howard out to be a once in a generation talent, yet I haven't seen one thing that makes me feel like he's elite In certain areas. To be considered once in a generation, you need to show elite traits consistently with production to support that. That isn't OJ Howard.

I would rather take Peterman in the 2nd only because he's my #1 qb out of the top guys but Mahomes is my 2nd

• Upvote 1