Fully Loaded, last mock.

Paradis

1. CLE: DE - M. Garret 
2. CAR: RB - L. Fournette (trade) 
3. CHI: QB - D. Watson
4. JAX: DE - S. Thomas
5. TEN: S - J. Adams 
6. CLE: QB - M. Trubisky (trade) ..... becoming increasingly worried that between SF and JAX two QBs come off the board. but for now... 
7. LAC: S - M. Hooker 
8. SF: RB - C. McCaffrey 
9. CIN: DE - D. Barnett 
10. IND: DT - J. Allen (trade) 
11. NOS: CB - M. Lattimore 
12. NYJ: WR - M. Williams ....Until the news of Conley's alleged rape, I had him here. Now, i can't fathom a reason to pass on Williams. Humphrey is a possibility because i think he fits Todd's style.
13. DEN: TE - OJ Howard (Trade) 
14. PHI: CB - M. Humphrey 
15. BUF: QB - P. Mahomes 
16. BAL : DE - T. Charlton 
17. WSH: RB - D. Cook 
18. TEN: WR - C. Davis
19. TB: OT - C. Robinson 
20. ARZ: CB - Q. Wilson
21. DET: DE - T. McKinley 
22. MIA: OG - F. Lamp 
23. NYG: ILB - Z. Cunningham 
24. ATL: OLB - C. Harris (trade) 
25. HOU: OT - R. Ramcyzk 
26. SEA: CB - K. King
27. KC: ILB - J. Davis 
28. DAL: CB - A. Jackson 
29. GB: CB - T. White
30. PIT: TE - D. Njoku 
31. OAK: LB - R. Foster  
32. NOS: OT - G. Boles

Jets Draft:

1) WR - M. Williams - Clemson

2) S - M. Maye - Florida

2) TE - G. Everett - South Alabam

3) CB - S. Jones - Washington

3) OT - J. Leamon - S.C. State

5) OLB - E. Price - Pitt

6) RB - D. Smith - Michigan

7) NT - G. Antoine - Idaho

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All the Jets get for trading down is a 2nd in this scenario? No Sheldon trade? Both of those would be failures. As would be taking a WR and waiting until the 6th to address RB. 

Trading Sheldon is probably not happening if we don't get the value Mac feels he is worth. I don't blame Paradis for not adding it into this draft.

My ideal Jet draft includes drafting either Trubisky or Adams at pick 6 . That said, I now believe the Jets will trade down from 6 and I would love to end up just ahead of the Dolphins, because I think the best pick for the Jets is Forrest Lamp starting at Center . I would love to trade down with the Browns and acquire pick 12 , their 2nd and 4th rounder, then trade the 12th pick to the Titans who could have their choice of WR at pick 12 and pick up the 18 pick, their 3rd and a 2018 1st rounder . The Jets would end up with :

Pick 18

Pick 39

Pick 52

Pick 70

Pick 83

Pick 107

Then on Day 3, the Jets would have the 1st pick of the day .

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

All the Jets get for trading down is a 2nd in this scenario? No Sheldon trade? Both of those would be failures. As would be taking a WR and waiting until the 6th to address RB. 

I don't get why so many Jet fans expect the Jets to draft a RB anywhere in the first 4 rounds. They are financially tied to Forte and Powell. Personally, I believe Forte still has something left in the tank. Powell certainly does. Then they have a slew of young RBs that will be competing for the 3rd spot on the depth chart, some as UDFA pickups, some currently on the roster. It just makes no sense to draft a RB early THIS YEAR. Next year, yes, certainly. Forte may prove to everyone that he is done and Powell could very well prove to everyone he cannot be the 'bell cow'. But for now, it simply makes no sense. To me, the only exception is if there is a talent you simply cannot pas on at the given selection- like Fournette or Cook or Kamara if he falls to the late 3rd round or Foreman in the 5th. Unless, of course, the Jets decide to carry 4 RBs on the roster, which is not unheard of, but is unlikely.   

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Then that's another failure on Mac on top of the failure to get rid of him last year. 

Call it what you want. I don't believe you trade him for peanuts.. let him play this year, get signed next year and get a 4th or 3rd round compensatory pick... If the rumors are true and that is all you can get for him in a trade, then just keep him and let him go in FA.

Something to keep in mind, if we do get offered a 3rd or 4th rounder for him it may be a 2018 pick not a 2017 pick... Not easy to know what the offers are, if any, coming to MAC. 

22 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I don't get why so many Jet fans expect the Jets to draft a RB anywhere in the first 4 rounds. They are financially tied to Forte and Powell. Personally, I believe Forte still has something left in the tank. Powell certainly does. Then they have a slew of young RBs that will be competing for the 3rd spot on the depth chart, some as UDFA pickups, some currently on the roster. It just makes no sense to draft a RB early THIS YEAR. Next year, yes, certainly. Forte may prove to everyone that he is done and Powell could very well prove to everyone he cannot be the 'bell cow'. But for now, it simply makes no sense. To me, the only exception is if there is a talent you simply cannot pas on at the given selection- like Fournette or Cook or Kamara if he falls to the late 3rd round or Foreman in the 5th. Unless, of course, the Jets decide to carry 4 RBs on the roster, which is not unheard of, but is unlikely.   

Forte is done. If his contract made sense to cut, he'd be gone. He was awful last season and he's not going to get better. Powell is a fine asset but he's not THE guy. He's a good compliment. It makes tons of sense to draft a guy this season ina very deep running back draft, ease him into the rotation, and have him ready to go next season from week 1. The Jets have not drafted a running back in a top three round since Shonn Greene. They've ignored the position for a long time and it needs to be rectified. Which Macc won't because he's not a good general manager. 

15 minutes ago, Stark said:

Call it what you want. I don't believe you trade him for peanuts.. let him play this year, get signed next year and get a 4th or 3rd round compensatory pick... If the rumors are true and that is all you can get for him in a trade, then just keep him and let him go in FA.

Something to keep in mind, if we do get offered a 3rd or 4th rounder for him it may be a 2018 pick not a 2017 pick... Not easy to know what the offers are, if any, coming to MAC. 

He was offered a decent pick by the Cowboys last year. He declined because he's bad at his job. This is a guy one violation away from a year long vacation. It would save a massive amount of cap space and there's no guarantee he's signed to a huge contract that gets the Jets a decent compensatory pick. Just get rid of him and remove the glut of defensive line talent that hampers the productivity of the defense. 

15 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He was offered a decent pick by the Cowboys last year. He declined because he's bad at his job. This is a guy one violation away from a year long vacation. It would save a massive amount of cap space and there's no guarantee he's signed to a huge contract that gets the Jets a decent compensatory pick. Just get rid of him and remove the glut of defensive line talent that hampers the productivity of the defense. 

so then back to my original statement. Trading Sheldon is probably not happening if we don't get the value Mac feels he is worth. 

The "hampering" of defensive productivity is not Sheldon's fault it is Kacy Rodgers and Bowles inability to use the players that they have, in a scheme that fits their players strengths... 

Rodgers should have been fired IMO with the other coaches this offseason.. Our defense that was supposed to be good, with Bowles, has looked worse than anyone expected.

I personally don't care if we trade richardson, I am just saying if Mac thinks he is not getting value then he does't make the trade. Pretty simple. Mac values richardson at "x" and teams don't want to give him "x" then he is going to keep him.

Where's your mock motherfcker? Stop making excuses and do one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forte is done. If his contract made sense to cut, he'd be gone. He was awful last season and he's not going to get better. Powell is a fine asset but he's not THE guy. He's a good compliment. It makes tons of sense to draft a guy this season ina very deep running back draft, ease him into the rotation, and have him ready to go next season from week 1. The Jets have not drafted a running back in a top three round since Shonn Greene. They've ignored the position for a long time and it needs to be rectified. Which Macc won't because he's not a good general manager. 

Forte IS done. And if it was up to me, I'd take Cook at all costs... but this isn't the Paradis Barber shop. So stop being an idiot. I'm trying to blend my own preferences with with what Mike likely will do. We're not getting all our cake.

55 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Where's your mock motherfcker? Stop making excuses and do one

Lol. What?

52 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Forte IS done. And if it was up to me, I'd take Cook at all costs... but this isn't the Paradis Barber shop. So stop being an idiot. I'm trying to blend my own preferences with with what Mike likely will do. We're not getting all our cake.

Name calling too? Perfect. 

4 hours ago, Tinstar said:

@paradis, do you think it would be a waste of time to have Forrest lamp play the center position ?

yes. it's a waste of his talents. Possible? sure, but he's better suited to do more damage elsewhere IMO

I actually had Maye going to the jets in my last mock but a round lower.  I don;t thunk the will be the best S on board at that time you are taking him,

I am fine with Williams in the 1st.

Re S. Jones.  i am fine with picking him but if you do take him imo you must double dip and take another CB somewhere as a fail safe.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I actually had Maye going to the jets in my last mock but a round lower.  I don;t thunk the will be the best S on board at that time you are taking him,

I am fine with Williams in the 1st.

Re S. Jones.  i am fine with picking him but if you do take him imo you must double dip and take another CB somewhere as a fail safe.

Let's go Oilers!

Archived