King P's final mock draft (with trades)

King P

- Jets trade the #6 pick to the Browns in exchange for the #12, #52, & #108 picks

- Jets trade Sheldon Richardson to the Redskins in exchange for the #114 pick

Round 1 (#12): Charles Harris - OLB, Missouri

Round 2 (#39): Alvin Kamara - RB, Tennessee

Round 2 (#52): Gerald Everett - TE, South Alabama

Round 3 (#70): Sidney Jones - CB, Washington

Round 3 (#107): Malachi Dupre - WR, LSU

Round 4 (#108): Kendall Beckwith - ILB, LSU

Round 4 (#114): Eddie Jackson - S, Alabama

Round 5: Brad Seaton - OT, Villanova

Round 6: John Toth - C, Kentucky

Round 7: Chad Kelly - QB, Ole Miss

10 hours ago, King P said:

- Jets trade the #6 pick to the Browns in exchange for the #12, #52, & #108 picks

This is not bad. 

Honestly, I think we can do better than Charles Harris at 12. Although I like Kamara, I would slot Harris in the 2nd, punt on a RB early and take C.Davis or M.Williams at 12. Then maybe it would make sense to pass on Malachi Dupre in the bottom of the 3rd for a RB like D.Foreman. 

1- Williams/C.Davis

2- C.Harris

2- Everett

3- Jones

3- Foreman

4- Beckwith

4- Jackson

5- Seaton

6- Toth

7- Kelly

12 hours ago, King P said:

I like this draft other than Harris.  Him and Trubisky are my only 2, do not wants.

10 hours ago, peebag said:

Two biggest areas of need (secondary and OL) and you don't address them until round 3?  Pass.

I disagree that the OL is one of our biggest needs. The group might not be spectacular and could be upgraded, but outside of C nothing is overly pressing (and even then we can survive - we wont be world beaters next year regardless). Why reach in a draft very weak at OL? 

7 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I disagree that the OL is one of our biggest needs. The group might not be spectacular and could be upgraded, but outside of C nothing is overly pressing (and even then we can survive - we wont be world beaters next year regardless). Why reach in a draft very weak at OL? 

Besides James Carpenter, which player on the offensive line is above average? The offensive line is a huge need. It may be a weak draft for it, but that doesn't mean you can't find a potential starter or backup.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Besides James Carpenter, which player on the offensive line is above average? The offensive line is a huge need. It may be a weak draft for it, but that doesn't mean you can't find a potential starter or backup.

This oline crop as a group sucks.  The same reason you don;t take a Qb this year as why you probably don;t go oline too early.

The jets are committed to their guards carpenter and winters (;like it or not)  no Center worth a top 2 round pick, very few viable tackles and you are going to have to overdraft them to get one of them.

Good draft. I wouldn't have a heart attack, though i much prefer everything Everett and down. I'm the last of the Tim Williams fan club, so you flip your first two picks and take cook and williams (pray our coaching staff can manage them) and get better value. I'm just not crazy about Kamara. Don't hate him, just don't love him. @PepPep fine tuned version (swap Hunt for Foreman) and I'm passing out in my own man juice 

11 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

agree to disagree - the OL is going to get whomever is playing QB killed this year if they don't shore it up

3 hours ago, peebag said:

agree to disagree - the OL is going to get whomever is playing QB killed this year if they don't shore it up

I disagree, much like @IntoTheGreen

I think if the O-line can stay healthy, they can be a solid unit. Winters, Carpenter, and W.Johnson in the middle. Beachum, Ijalana, Shell, on the outside whoever wins out the job on whichever side. Will they be dominant? Will they be e of the better O-lines in the NFL? No. But they can be solid as a unit and I don;t think they nec. need to draft an O-lineman early or sign or trade for a starter. Even if they draft an O-lineman early, there is no guarantee he will win out the starting gig.  

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I disagree, much like @IntoTheGreen

I think if the O-line can stay healthy, they can be a solid unit. Winters, Carpenter, and W.Johnson in the middle. Beachum, Ijalana, Shell, on the outside whoever wins out the job on whichever side. Will they be dominant? Will they be e of the better O-lines in the NFL? No. But they can be solid as a unit and I don;t think they nec. need to draft an O-lineman early or sign or trade for a starter. Even if they draft an O-lineman early, there is no guarantee he will win out the starting gig.  

They're basically the same unit as last year...If I'm Bryce Petty and am appointed starting qb, I'm sweating bullets and buying more insurance.

2 hours ago, peebag said:

They're basically the same unit as last year...If I'm Bryce Petty and am appointed starting qb, I'm sweating bullets and buying more insurance.

Yeah, but last year the o-line was hurt. First Clady went down, Qvale went down (run blocker), Winters was out for some time. And Ijalana went down towards the end of the season. Hard to get any kind of rhythm or consistency as a unit. Early on in the season, the O-line was solid. Coincidentally, Fitz didn't get sacked much and Forte ran p[retty well. 

Archived