ESPN Head Cuts

mphtrilogy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The network is unwatchable because of the idiots, so they fire the smart people.

This times a million.  Only time I watch is for sporting events.  The rest of the content other than the "30 for 30" is pretty much CaCa

15 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Never happy to hear anyone losing their job.  Hope they all move on to better things. Even Cimini who I freaking hate, if he should be among the cuts 

If Cimini is let go I'd love to see him go back to his old job at the DN.  I liked Manish better than Cimini early on but not so much anymore.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If Cimini is let go I'd love to see him go back to his old job at the DN.  I liked Manish better than Cimini early on but not so much anymore.

The two of them deserve to be covering obituaries and taking orders for classifieds.

5 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

The two of them deserve to be covering obituaries and taking orders for classifieds.

Right, but Cimini is still the better of the two.

48 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I haven't had a problem with Cimini in a long time.  The last few years, I think he's been pretty on point with most of what he says.  I don't always agree, but I don't always agree with anyone.

Manish literally makes crap up.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are they fing insane? I guess they are.  Lebrun is one of the best in the business

They're going under. Badly. Completely underestimated the cord cutting phenomenon and tried fixing things way too late in the game. And when they did eventually try their efforts were terrible. I'm a cord cutter and their app and subscription structure is one of the worst on any platform. Makes sense that initial layoffs would include higher priced talent. While I like guys like Werder, they are certainly not irreplaceable in the long term.

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are they fing insane? I guess they are.  Lebrun is one of the best in the business

This pretty much saws it all:

Tony Bruno‏ @TonyBrunoShow

Massive ESPN layoffs underway. Hockey eliminated, but those left behind will be assigned to follow Lebron James 24/7 #BristolBloodbath

46 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ESPN cutting a lot of their hockey people.

Scott Burnside, Pierre LeBrun, and Joe McDonald

There's only so much hockey airtime if they aren't airing NHL games. I understand they look to soccer as a long term investment and think that is sensible. But by the same token the NBA is garbage in the ratings until they get to the conference finals, most of which moves to ABC (Same company anyway). A nothing boxing match on CBS had a bigger rating than  a Warriors game on ABC a few weeks back. They have so much money tied up in the NBA they are running WNBA awfulness to keep the NBA happy. The real bloodbath is the next negotiation for rights fees spare the NFL. Because the NBA and MLB are getting serious haircuts. 

18 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I haven't had a problem with Cimini in a long time.  The last few years, I think he's been pretty on point with most of what he says.  I don't always agree, but I don't always agree with anyone.

Manish literally makes crap up.

Yeah, not sure if it was an ESPN mandate, but he's been a lot less snarky/dicky the past few years.  Far better than Manish.

Archived