How do I get rid of the video's on the bottom of the threads?

I also hate this.  I love to keep the site open and read/write while I'm doing other things but the audio from the video ads is an issue.  I get that they represent revenue but auto-play video often means I can't use the site at certain times.  Not sure if Max can opt out of those being rendered at all and how much that might impact revenue but if it was a minimal impact, I would really love to see them go away.  I might even consider joining the VIP subscription ;)

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I also hate this.  I love to keep the site open and read/write while I'm doing other things but the audio from the video ads is an issue.  I get that they represent revenue but auto-play video often means I can't use the site at certain times.  Not sure if Max can opt out of those being rendered at all and how much that might impact revenue but if it was a minimal impact, I would really love to see them go away.  I might even consider joining the VIP subscription ;)

Dan - we are working on this. I started another thread on it:  

The next time it happens please let me know the name of the company or companies. This isn't supposed to happen. We are working on getting it fixed. Thank you!

53 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Dan - we are working on this. I started another thread on it:  

The next time it happens please let me know the name of the company or companies. This isn't supposed to happen. We are working on getting it fixed. Thank you!

Thanks, Max.  Will do.  I'm not whining.  I know it's a pain in the ass but appreciate you working to eradicate it. 

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

Thanks, Max.  Will do.  I'm not whining.  I know it's a pain in the ass but appreciate you working to eradicate it. 

Dude, this is in NO WAY viewed as whining. I need to get this right, so I appreciate the feedback.

We made a change last night that seems to be helping but we are making more changes this week and we are continuing to watch this.

Just checking by typing a long response here.  It seems to be much more responsive and I am seeing no lag at all right now.  So anecdotally, whatever you changed seems to be helping at least in that way.  I'll let you know if it comes back or if I get any auto-roll video (and which advertiser it is).  Thanks!

Archived