• Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Darkheart said:

So to recap:

Drafts best secondary player in the draft: HATE

Drafts a FS that is considered a solid player by our Florida expert: HATE

Trades down to get a pick: HATE

Drafts a solid WR: HATE

Sensing a pattern amongst the bias here

The Adams pick was beloved based on the polling. 

The Maye pick wasn't bashed based on the player, it was based on going back to back safety. 

The trade down was fine, the hate was residual hate from the Maye pick. 

The Steward pick was fine but the only people left up are the bitter SOJFs happy to just bash whoever the Jets would have taken.   

(First in with Pro Football Focus on the latest Jet:)

Nate Gerry, Safety, Nebraska

Why he’s on the list: One of the top-graded coverage safeties in 2014, Gerry does a nice job of working downhill when the play is in front of him and he’s a good fit for a two-high safety team. His playmaking skills have led to nine interceptions and five passes defensed over the last two years.

What we’d like to see: Gerry is not as smooth when working backwards, so passes over his head can be a problem. It’d be nice to see if he could handle a center field role as he’s played more split coverages in Nebraska’s scheme. Tackling has also been an issue as he’s missed 25 of his 163 attempts over the last two seasons. Ultimately, a return to 2014 if crucial for Gerry’s evaluation.

(So maybe since Maye has problems running forwards and Gerry has problems running backwards, we can duct tape them together and have a complete player.)

SAR I

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There are grown adults walking around Philadelphia in Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys that showed up to applaud third round draft picks tonight. Trust me, we're fine.

By the end of the night anyone not wearing an Eagles jersey will get beat up. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The Maye pick wasn't bashed based on the player, it was based on going back to back safety. 

The Steward pick was fine but the only people left up are the bitter SOJFs happy to just bash whoever the Jets would have taken.   

Personally, I like the picks so far.  Nice to see Macc put his stamp on the team.

Just now, SAR I said:

(First in with Pro Football Focus on the latest Jet:)

Nate Gerry, Safety, Nebraska

Why he’s on the list: One of the top-graded coverage safeties in 2014, Gerry does a nice job of working downhill when the play is in front of him and he’s a good fit for a two-high safety team. His playmaking skills have led to nine interceptions and five passes defensed over the last two years.

What we’d like to see: Gerry is not as smooth when working backwards, so passes over his head can be a problem. It’d be nice to see if he could handle a center field role as he’s played more split coverages in Nebraska’s scheme. Tackling has also been an issue as he’s missed 25 of his 163 attempts over the last two seasons. Ultimately, a return to 2014 if crucial for Gerry’s evaluation.

(So maybe since Maye has problems running forwards and Gerry has problems running backwards, we can duct tape them together and have a complete player.)

SAR I

This team will turn you into a bitter drunkard like rest of us every Sunday afternoon yet. 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'll admit that I wasn't a fan of the Maye pick.  I do think that him and Admas are going to be great players. I just really really really didn't want to double down.  The Stewart pick got me off the ledge a bit.  I love that kid.  Reminds me of Santonio Holmes with a little Percy Harvin in his game and, as I said before, has Steve Smith Sr.'s attitude.  Hes gonna be fun to watch.  If we grab Butt here I'll be much happier.

L9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wasn't crazy about going back to back with safeties, but if he's a good player, I'll live with it

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This team will turn you into a bitter drunkard like rest of us every Sunday afternoon yet. 

I'm this close, Bugg.  This close.

Only 15 more minutes until the NyQuil Severe double-dose kicks in, I'll be flyin' high in the friendly skies just as it's announced the Jets have traded the last pick of the night just to stick it to us yet again.

SAR I

Just now, Darkheart said:

I wasn't crazy about going back to back with safeties, but if he's a good player, I'll live with it

He's, honestly, probably going to be good.  I really would have preferred Dalvin Cook though.

Archived