^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Word is Cleveland is taking Trubisky #1. Rumblings coming in overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking a QB number 1 overall after only 13 career starts?  Hmmm.... well Lawrence Taylor did go number 2, which might end up being prophetic.

3 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Fournette or fix the secondary for 1st/2nd round - im not sure how i feel about O.J. Howard at 6

Fournette is a beast but I've maintained that Dalvin Cook will be a better pro.

Fournette's mileage scares me a bit.

I also have a bit of an ACC bias being a Canes fan, Cook torched Miami and the rest of the ACC for years. 

He runs fast, hard and is an underrated pass catcher. I'm surprised at the rumblings that he could fall to day 2.

6 hours ago, InstantClassic said:

Come on Jets! Let us down easy this year. No DL round 1 please!!

This draft seems more exciting than others with all the different scenarios that could play out..let's hope we win day 1! 

Did you need to get permission from the mods to start the official draft day thread?  I was thinking about starting an "unofficial draft day thread" of lower quality but also less expensive. 

Aw man this week is the worst! By this stage you've got your mind pretty much made up and have to spend the whole week listening to or reading the same takes over and over and over. I'm so excited for all the theorising and grandstanding to actually start meaning something.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty much captures the mood of the day: I text my brother last night and ask him if he wants to watch the draft at the bar. He says, "who they (the Jets) taking?" I reply, "a safety." He texts back, "F*** that then."

Secretly I'm kinda hoping they take a safety just to get everyone (including myself) PO'd.

Pain - it's all we know!

I'll be f*cking livid. 

There's only 2 players I'd be happy with at 6 and I'm fully aware of and agree with the arguments but if we got the best defensive playmaker I couldn't help be a little excited. I'm sure you share my desire to trade back over anything but I'm curious who you'd be "happy" with at 6?

2 minutes ago, Lray said:

There's only 2 players I'd be happy with at 6 and I'm fully aware of and agree with the arguments but if we got the best defensive playmaker I couldn't help be a little excited. I'm sure you share my desire to trade back over anything but I'm curious who you'd be "happy" with at 6?

Mike Williams or Fournette. I'd also be fine with taking a chance on one of the QBs, blemishes and all.

We've invested enough on defense, and it's gotten us nowhere. It's time to start concentrating on scoring points.

saw this..

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

One of the Jets' Day 3 draft picks will be announced from FDNY EMS Station 26 in the Bronx, where the late Yadira Arroyo worked until last month. She was killed on the job when she was run over by a man who stole her ambulance. Her five sons, ranging in ages from 8 to 23, will participate in announcing the pick. MTA police officer Daniel McDade, who stopped the alleged killer, also will be on hand. A nice gesture by the Jets and the NFL.

Archived