^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

If Maccagnan’s the one making the picks, hell, idk.

But in theory I guess the picks would of been better. I won’t try to make an excuse to cater to the angle I’m arguing from.

those 2nd’s would of been nice. Still probably would of picked 2 DL’s from Canada though.

I’d say it depends on how good Darnold winds up also.

I mean, if we’re going to argue from the place of Macc would have blown the picks anyway, why even show up for the season in the 1st place.

We exchanged two players for 5, and their QB is playing at a high level while ours is being hidden with an ambiguous injury.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m 22 years old, grown, on my own and have neither parent in my life.

Cool stuff though, bro. Really got me there. Totally hurt my feelings or something lol.

22? Lol come back when you're a little less wet behind the ears.

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, I liked Rosen. Not sure what the hell that has to do with 2017, Adams or anything else.

weird flex but ok.

and you aren’t petty enough to bring back Rosen qouted posts but apparently you’re petty enough to google search, save and post 3 images of his down points from Jamal’s overall solid rookie season? 

Ehh why am I wasting my time with you, again?

Nice deflection kid. Actually I had those from last season so I didn't have to do much. Adams had an average season but ran his mouth like he was having an all pro season. You see the distinction yes? That's why he gets the grief he gets from some on these boards. Adams when drafted impressed with his presser to bad it didn't translate to the field.

Yes he is the best player on the Jets right now but that's like saying you're the best swimmer on the Titanic. Sorry if you're too young to get that reference.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, if we’re going to argue from the place of Macc would have blown the picks anyway, why even show up for the season in the 1st place.

We exchanged two players for 5, and their QB is playing at a high level while ours is being hidden with an ambiguous injury.

Like I said, you don’t have to like this line but.. they would not be who they are on this team. That’s just facts.

46 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Like I said, you don’t have to like this line but.. they would not be who they are on this team. That’s just facts.

By definition, that is not a fact.  Facts are in some way verifiable.

By your logic, we should not draft anyone.  Why did we take Adams?  He’d be so much more valuable on a defense with a pass rush.  He can’t play nearly as well as he would on Chicago.  It was a waste to take him.

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

By definition, that is not a fact.  Facts are in some way verifiable.

By your logic, we should not draft anyone.  Why did we take Adams?  He’d be so much more valuable on a defense with a pass rush.  He can’t play nearly as well as he would on Chicago.  It was a waste to take him.

No, you are taking what I said out of context. In the 2017 QB’s in particular, I feel, they wouldn’t be who they are with NYJ because they needed polishing, players around them and good coaches — every rookie QB does but I feel like 2018 prospects had a better chance at hitting it off with a team like us than 2017

One was a spread air raid guy, other started 12 college games ever and the last one — well I might of taken Watson. ACC conference but he’s about the only one I would of taken if I was a Jet GM.

Lastly, you are right when looking at it from the draft position/positional impact angle. Should I we have taken Adams at 6? Maybe not. Even though he was a projected top 5 pick that many thought was going to either the Bears or the Titans...I feel like we could of went in various directions with our pick. Trade down actually would of been cool.

But We didn’t and I don’t really mind. I like the guy, he’s a second year pro bowler ans we got a better QB propect the next year — albeit having to give up picks. Can’t control how competent teams develop talent, we can only do what we are capable of doing...which isn’t a lot QB wise. I think Darnold has a better chance to be success with us than the 2017 class .. that’s why picking who we did doesn’t hurt me like it hurts others..

Archived