^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

HE'S THE SECOND BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT YOU MORON.

How the hell can you hate this?

I don't hate.

i disagree with how our Jets build a team.

the best safety isn't a game breaker. Safeties do not win games in the modern NFL. Safety is a luxury pick. 

Offense wins. And we're the worst in the NFL at almost every skill position.

you may accept that and side with Rex and Bowles and think we need to go 1980's Bears.

some of us disagree and wanted offense skill players who can score points and win games.

even if this kid is a top 10 safety he will not win us games as a safety.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hooker is Reed 2.0 ...? Reed had intagables out of this world early playing for Miami in college and Hooker's isn't even on the same radar plus he is injury prone. It's obvious Pryor is trade bait at this point.  I fully expect Pryor to be second string or not even be on the team week 1. Adams can tackle great, has a nose for the ball, knows just where to be, HAS the intangibles to set his own guys up on D and has cover skills beyond Calvin's capabilities. Calvin is another failed Idzik pick and just because he's still on our roster doesn't make this a bad pick. Hell no. You got it all wrong.

Trade bait? For what a 2019 7th rounder? 

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I don't understand how you pick D in the first round for nine years straight and you're a sh*tbox on d with a defensive mind as coach.

thank you  ... a mystery for the ages ..

19 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We get rid of a total tool in Revis and grabbed the consensus best pick on the board to shore up our secondary.

Certainly you guys have to be happy?

Jets fans. Typical. BPA and position of need. Great pick.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Hooker is Reed 2.0 ...? Reed had intagables out of this world early playing for Miami in college and Hooker's isn't even on the same radar plus he is injury prone. It's obvious Pryor is trade bait at this point.  I fully expect Pryor to be second string or not even be on the team week 1. Adams can tackle great, has a nose for the ball, knows just where to be, HAS the intangibles to set his own guys up on D and has cover skills beyond Calvin's capabilities. Calvin is another failed Idzik pick and just because he's still on our roster doesn't make this a bad pick. Hell no. You got it all wrong.

Reed was fast as hell, which Hooker is. Hooker also has insane intangibles, seriously look up how many interceptions this guy had. He's a straight ball hawk in the Thomas/Reed role. Problem with Hooker is he's pretty raw. He doesn't really know how to tackle or take angles, but in coverage he's phenomenal due to his speed and instincts. But, if our dumbass headcoach who played safety is worth any salt in coaching up safeties, he should be able to help him out their. But considering we've just moved on and given up on Pryor, I doubt we could have coached him up.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Every expert I have seen on Twitter has said this is a steal. So who do I trust, those guys who get paid? Or you schmucks. And Ban me if you want

Expert my fat ass. You take a lot of crap here. You got credit with me. Get pissed , go nuts. I got your back 

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's bittersweet for a team has has drafted 10 straight defensive guys in the first round, even though this was the correct pick.  the jets got better tonight. hopefully mccagnan will consider drafting offensive players tomorrow or saturday.

100% agree. We can't fault Mac for some of those other picks that didn't pan out..we unfortunately still have to draft defense due to those mistakes. Hopefully our next picks sh*t towards the offense, with at least a CB thrown in there somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

fing jets could have had another 1st rounder next year.  Outsmarted yet again,.  Tools

You are an idiot. Pure and simple an idiot. If it took the Chiefs that much to only move up to the Bills to 10, how much would they have to pay to move up to 6?

Chiefs wouldn't have wanted to pay that much.

Archived