^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

He's a true blue box safety.  Doesnt cover well. Gets beat quit a bit. He's great playing downhill with everything in front of him.  Sure tackler, can lay the wood. Good instincts so he can put himself in place to make plays on the ball but the's not a tracker type of S.  Pretty surprising to me that he goes before Wilson and Tabor his seconday teammates. 

Finally, a guy who can fill Calvin Pryor's shoes

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He's a true blue box safety.  Doesnt cover well. Gets beat quit a bit. He's great playing downhill with everything in front of him.  Sure tackler, can lay the wood. Good instincts so he can put himself in place to make plays on the ball but the's not a tracker type of S.  Pretty surprising to me that he goes before Wilson and Tabor his seconday teammates. 

Sounds like... Calvin Pryor?  or at least his draft description of a few years ago...

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The Jets lost multiple games due to complete garbage in the secondary. These 2 picks + the addition of Claiborne help in a major way, if not completely solve the issue.

I don't love it and would've preferred a pass rusher or playmaker but this isn't bad by any means.

Claiborne as talented as he is, is too injury-prone to be depended on...cornerback needs to be addressed, along with the rest of the long shopping list.

4 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

It is really frustrating that almost every pick around the jets pick amounts to a trade, but Macc is unable (or unwilling) to trade down.    If you are going to draft another safety, at least trade down and maybe recoup the 4th you lost.

Unable, I'm not even sure if we've reinstalled phone service in the war room since Tanny ran up the bill

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Who? Pryor? 

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Finally, a guy who can fill Calvin Pryor's shoes

2 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Sounds like... Calvin Pryor?  or at least his draft description of a few years ago...

Pretty much but I think he's a little faster.  He's basically what I thought Lee was supposed to be for the defense. 

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

He's Calvin Pryor? Jesus Christ. I didn't even look him up yet. We're the worst

14 picks until us....my Top 20

1. A Kamara RB
  2. JJ SmIth Schuster WR
  3. C Godwin WR
  4. B Hodges TE
  5. D Westbrook WR
  6. P Elfien C
  7. D Foreman RB
  8. T Williams OLB
  9. D Feeney OL
  10. C Kupp WR