^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm still in shock. I don't think it's really hit me that we actually just did this. 

This stupid ****er doesn't know enough to re-adjust his draft list based on what position he just took?

Two safeties. :bag: 

He's literally worse than a free twitter poll the Jets could run, so was Idzik. Neither seem to have a working phone in the draft room

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

He's still ecstatic about being picked 6th last night and playing in New York.  When he comes down off his buzz he's going to realize the nightmare he's walking into. 

Well yeah, only playing for the Browns is worse.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Raiders have a franchise QB and a good team. They can afford to do that. 

And we had the worst secondary in the NFL and we aren't competing next season. We can't afford to do what we did???

6 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

14 picks until us....my Top 20

1. A Kamara RB
  2. JJ SmIth Schuster WR
  3. C Godwin WR
  4. B Hodges TE
  5. D Westbrook WR
  6. P Elfien C
  7. D Foreman RB
  8. T Williams OLB
  9. D Feeney OL
  10. C Kupp WR
  11. D Webb QB
  12. N Peterman QB
  13. D Dawkins OL
  14. Z Cunningham OLB
  15. C Awuzie CB
  16. C Tankersley CB
  17. J Butt TE
  18. A Stewart WR
  19. A Garcia OL
  20. S Perine RB

Hope Godwin falls to us so he can reunite with Hackenberg :D

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Yep, it's totally irrelevant. Records have nothing to do with rosters.

Records are irrelevant when the assumption was back to back selections of the same position is atomically bad. I'm not denying the situations are different, but that's not the point I'm making.

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I dont mind the pick.  I wonder if the jets would have taken maye or budda baker had they traded up?

They had Mayr in for an official visit.  Baker was not.  It was reported last week the the FO loved him.  I never thought they would double up on safeties.

Just now, Seth said:

Records are irrelevant when the assumption was back to back selections of the same position is atomically bad. I'm not denying the situations are different, but that's not the point I'm making.

Well, we are in the position that is called we need help in other areas and later round picks are crapshoots.

6 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

He's literally worse than a free twitter poll the Jets could run, so was Idzik. Neither seem to have a working phone in the draft room

Come on, it's totally smart to start two rookie safeties. All the good teams, that win all the superbowls, do that. That's how they built their powerhouse teams: just the way we're doing.

4 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Tim Williams is on free fall

WEAKNESSES

Scouts say he struggles with Alabama scheme and needs to have things simplified. Can be taken advantage of with screen passes and misdirection. Has sinewy build that resembles a move tight end more than an NFL edge rusher. Arms and chest lack thickness and that shows up in his play strength. Is improving as edge-setter but he still needs work. Would benefit from a stronger initial punch. Athletic tackles with a well-timed punch can stymie his rush plans. Needs to do better job of getting set pre-snap. Has some hip tightness that limits his stride length upfield and laterally.

DRAFT PROJECTION

Rounds 2-3

SOURCES TELL US

"He's like the Predator. When he's allowed to do just one thing -- get the quarterback -- he is really good at it. Don't ask him to do much more than that, though. He's going to be a high-rep player and I don't know if NFL defenses are going to trust him to do more than just rush." -- NFC area scout

From NFL.com  Wow sounds like he's not too bright.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I didn't say that, straw man. You asked about the raiders who took a corner and a safety. 

Which is directly connected to the original point I made about going S back to back picks, so no, it's not a straw man...

Just now, Il Mostro said:

If there is a God, D'Onta Foreman will still be available when the Jets pick in the 3rd and they have the good sense to take him.  He is a beast and perfect workhorse for a QB-poor team. 

That's who I want as well

Archived