^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

So if we picked all these guys in the 3rd round where they were projected to go they would magically be better players. Thanks for setting me straight. Now I'm really upset. 

I have no idea what this even means other than it's clearly some kind of asinine projection.

Every year with this bullsh*t. Objectively analyzing anything that can be construed as negative gets reframed as bitching and moaning and omg we're totally awesome and everything is fine. Enough already. The nerds are right. You're wrong.

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

one more trade back and we'll have a Mac's 12 draft!

This is like first pick simulator- have a pick trade back get 2 picks- one of your pick comes up in the round and you trade the other for 2 picks again.....and so on and so on- I collected 20 picks in my draft lol

22 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

the only pick that sticks in my craw is the Mayes pick; not because I dislike the player, but the ludicrousness of devoting 2 top 39 picks to one position when our roster is so short of players at other skill positions.

I think 99% of Jets fans agree. Could have been a special draft if Mac didn't waste that pick on another safety especially when Rontez Miles was on the bench ready to step in. I can see dumping Pryor and Gilchrist but taking another safety SMH. For that trade that pick too for extra picks. 

I feel like that 2nd round selection just soured a lot of fans, if they had picked Cook there a lot of perspectives on later picks would've been different. And although it was a double dip of the safety position, Maye has some talent and was graded as a 2nd/3rd rounder 

23 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

the only pick that sticks in my craw is the Mayes pick; not because I dislike the player, but the ludicrousness of devoting 2 top 39 picks to one position when our roster is so short of players at other skill positions.

No no, it's totally cool. If history has shown us anything, it's that we'll find solutions to all those positions in the sixth round.

15 minutes ago, Powpow said:

I will say this is a stupid deep draft in cb wr RB- so far Mac has grabbed 3 receiving weapons )2 wr and a much need TE).  With this he's admitting Smith was a huge bust pick in round 2. RB and cb next? Cuterer is a sleeper reminiscent of Sherman. Get that dude!

I won't throw in the towel just yet on Smith, but I have to admit it's starting to get wrapped up.:D

37 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'm VERY skeptical of their methods, but let's see if these sixth round players pan out. Keep in mind, these NFL guys have A LOT more Intel than we do. Maybe this could turn out to be a good draft.

But I doubt it.

It's 6th round GOLD JERRY! 

This draft could be the best ever for the Jets based on where they picked. Talk about value! Daniel Jeremiah had Hanson in his top 33 ?

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I feel like that 2nd round selection just soured a lot of fans, if they had picked Cook there a lot of perspectives on later picks would've been different. And although it was a double dip of the safety position, Maye has some talent and was graded as a 2nd/3rd rounder 

Nobody cares!

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

count me among the 1% ... i thought it was a great pick ... our safety play was that bad

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Dunnie Dude we got Miles. He played outstanding last year. Who the hell drafts safeties back to back in first 2 rounds. And Mayes is not even a free safety - he's exactly a box safety like Adams - DUH. 

9 minutes ago, Powpow said:

This is like first pick simulator- have a pick trade back get 2 picks- one of your pick comes up in the round and you trade the other for 2 picks again.....and so on and so on- I collected 20 picks in my draft lol

Haha I did the same thing for one of my mocks. Didn't even pay attention to the players, just wanted to see how many picks I could get... Oddly it ended up being a "B" draft hah.

Archived