^^^The official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread^^^

InstantClassic

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

The quality of guys he was going against in that video was atrocious, good speed, bend and effort by him the the tackles were utter garbage.

lol well he is fast though you gotta give him that and he has nice hands

Just now, C Mart said:

Tony had a 4th round on him

Analysis: 

McGuire is an underrated prospect and, though not a feature ball carrier at the next level, offers the makings of a rotational back. He can be used as a pass catcher not only out of the backfield but down the field as well. He has some athletic limitations but will produce at the next level in the proper role.

wco back, very good receiver.  

2 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

5th next year! That's really good! Build up some ammo in case you need to make a big move in the 1st round...

Exactly why you trade down from 6.  But yeah, I'm sure that late 5th will be more attractive than the Browns or Bills two 1s

1 minute ago, gEYno said:

Exactly why you trade down from 6.  But yeah, I'm sure that late 5th will be more attractive than the Browns or Bills two 1s

Oh come on with the sarcasm, you know I don't mean JUST that pick. Obviously any move up is going to require a package of picks. You need picks to put an attractive package together. We just got one. 

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

I like it, one of the better trades that we made 

so we trade an early 6 for a late 5? In essence you move up like what 5 slots because Dallas will be going deep into the playoffs. Big deal. 

Trading for a 5th next year. Nice move that Idzik could have used. We don't even have lockers for all these rookies.

If I were a GM I would trade my picks for an early round next year every time I had the chance. I would try to trade my entire draft for next year. Hypothetically you'd go through 1 year of drought then every year thereafter you could have 2 1st round picks. Besides that would give me a new team to root against every year. 

Don't tell me you couldn't find any takers. There's always going to be at least one GM that cares not about next year and thinks they'll be drafting in the 30s anyway. 

I would also like to see some team just swap next years picks thinking that they will end up with a higher pick. Like Rex Ryan would jump at a double dare like that thinking he's better than he is.

Just now, DMan77 said:

Oh come on with the sarcasm, you know I don't mean JUST that pick. Obviously any move up is going to require a package of picks. You need picks to put an attractive package together. We just got one. 

You are wasting your breath with some of these clowns. They get all pissy because THEIR guy didn't get drafted and when they wanted him drafted. Really kind of pathetic.

3 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Can we draft at least one OL this year???

I like this draft so far this year but I won't pretend this isn't a sore spot. If anyone looked at my mock drafts they'd see me harping on how badly I thought we needed at least 2 new linemen... It just didn't work out though. It was (supposedly) a fairly weak class and they must just not be at the top of Macs "best available" list...

I really worry about it though. It's not going to matter who's playing QB or trying to catch balls if our line is turnstile.. 

Hoping a few of our younger guys take a step forward. They don't need to be an elite line. Just middle of the road right now. Just good enough to where we feel comfortable saying we have 2 or 3 permanent pieces that we can build around...

Archived