Scott Van Pelt Just Asked

TuscanyTile2

1 hour ago, SMC said:

While other teams draft QBs in the first round, the Jets draft safeties.  Yes, Adams is a good prospect, but he doesn't move the needle.  As we all know, QBs are so overvalued because of their disproportionate impact on wins and losses.

BTW, the last offensive player drafting by the Jets in the 1st round was Mark Sanchez 8 years ago.  The Jets have drafted defense 8 straight years and have made the playoffs only twice in that span.  At least they had a top 10 defense 5 times in that span.

It's a fair point, but we've got to be one of the worst situations for a young QB, no?  Unknown at offensive coordinator, defensive head coach that lost control of the vets, weak offensive line, pedestrian backfield and a defense that means it's gonna be a shootout.  I feel like we didn't fire Bowles because maybe we had the sneaking suspicion that nobody else would take the job here long term.  This is officially rebuild mode, whether they say it or not.  We're barely ready to develop a young QB.  Maybe next year when Bowles is gone.  His mandate this year, from me at least, is be competitive in games and to develop this young defensive talent while we wait to see if Hackenberg can play in this league.  It's a sad state of affairs, but that's how I see this season. 

But at least we got a blue chip player in the draft, didn't pull a Chicago, and got someone we'll like watching on Sundays for the next decade.  This is a lot more like Leonard Williams than it is Kyle Wilson/Calvin Pryor.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, phill1c said:

The fact that these teams are in a position to draft a QB in the first round kinda says that they aren't really all that worthy of praise.

And, my god, the massive REACH for Trubisky?! We've been there and done that already [Sanchez].

Yeah, I'd go Mahomes/Watson over Trubisky.  But the point is, because of the lopsided nature of the NFL, an Andy Dalton is more important than All-Pro safeties Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix or Devan McCourty

5 hours ago, phill1c said:

Clearly, you're addicted.

Seek help...Root for the Patriots. Oh wait, you couldn't rationally bitch and whine at every opportunity about them.

Pretty sure fan is short for fanatics  the total opposite of being rational.  So a fan rationally whining and bitching about the team they are a fanatic about is impossible. So stop making shit up. Ok? Phil. Go Jets!!!

Im with RJF on this one and said the same last night when they made the pick which was not popular among some people. S, 3rd DE, ILB, S is simply not the way you typically build a good team. Those are the kind of picks that you make when you have some kind of foundation in place and the Jets havent had anything resembling a foundation since 2012. Hopefully they can find that foundation over the next two days, but Adams could be the most dynamic safety in the NFL and the Jets would probably still be a 5 win team.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:20 PM, SMC said:

Yeah, I'd go Mahomes/Watson over Trubisky.  But the point is, because of the lopsided nature of the NFL, an Andy Dalton is more important than All-Pro safeties Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix or Devan McCourty

Andy Dalton?!

WTF has he won? NOTHING of significance.

God, if weak @ss QBs were important Tom Brady would have retired long ago.

Andy Dalton?! Please...

Bowles will win one or two games too many.  Watch the Patriots fold in week 17 (after having locked up playoffs home-field advantage 2 -3 weeks earlier), giving the Jets a win that removes them from last place.  The ultimate slap in the face by Belichick.

Then you must think Bowles is a good coach that can squeeze wins out of a bad team. This is a 2-3 win team, tops. The worst team we've had since kotite.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived