Best part about drafting Jamal Adams

TuscanyTile2

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Jury is still out on if Darron Lee can do that...

Year 2 will bring good things.  Now he'll be able to utilize the speed part of his skill set and I think he's really going to blossom.  The first year is normally a confusing year where players like him normally don't know what they're doing.  Now that he has some experience I think he'll be all over the field.  He had 70 tackles in his rookie year which is really good.  I think he gets over 100 this season.

8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Year 2 will bring good things.  Now he'll be able to utilize the speed part of his skill set and I think he's really going to blossom.  The first year is normally a confusing year where players like him normally don't know what they're doing.  Now that he has some experience I think he'll be all over the field.  He had 70 tackles in his rookie year which is really good.  I think he gets over 100 this season.

Hopefully. I'm definitely not giving up on him. 

Maybe the Jets will play more 4-2-5 with 3 safeties, cover 3.  Wilkerson, Williams, McLendon, Richardson (assuming he is not traded) as the front 4.  Jenkins as the "Sam", Lee as the "Mike" and Pryor playing the "Will", Adams the Rover and Gilchrist (if / when he is healthy) playing the deep safety.  Just have figure out the corner situation and this could be a viable lineup.  Harris on 1st and possibly 2nd, and bringing in Pryor on passing situations.  At least they would gain a little speed with the underneath zone.

53 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

He can't

Please stop. Another guy that expects pro bowlers as soon as they step on an NFL field. No one even knew who Collins was his 1st year in New England, Farrior was lost here & excelled in the right system in Pittsburgh. My god our fan base is filled with lunatics. Lee also was also a rookie, playing beside another rookie in Jenkins, next to a dinosaur in Harris, playing behind a Dline who had 1 guy show up every week in Williams. Playing in front of a weak secondary.

This is a team game you know. You can't view everything through the eye of a needle. 

48 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Is Even Engram Dustin Keller all over again?

I think Engram is going to be the real deal.  Especially being on the Giants who already have tons of weapons.  Exceptional hands and route runner.  He's going to flourish there.

I like this pick for the following reasons:

1. The draft grade is outstanding. He's the best at his position and among the highest graded players in the entire draft.
  2. He plays a position of great need.
  3. He had a relatively poor 40 time at the combine and, seeing this, he worked his ass off to improve it to be in the 4.38 range. That's work ethic and shows leadership.

Those are the qualities you want in your 1st-round draft pick.

David Lee was right there in pass coverage last year.  I think he's going to be just fine in that aspect. 

His run D really concerns me.  He can not take on or evade blockers.  Nor does he seem instinctual or a hammer.  He's uber athletic.

Like L Williams Lee is YOUNG. 

Please stop. Another guy that expects pro bowlers as soon as they step on an NFL field. No one even knew who Collins was his 1st year in New England, Farrior was lost here & excelled in the right system in Pittsburgh. My god our fan base is filled with lunatics. Lee also was also a rookie, playing beside another rookie in Jenkins, next to a dinosaur in Harris, playing behind a Dline who had 1 guy show up every week in Williams. Playing in front of a weak secondary.
This is a team game you know. You can't view everything through the eye of a needle. 

Lee sucks

Sent from my LG-H910 using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Jury is still out on if Darron Lee can do that...

I think Lee will be able to do it eventually. Hopefully that means this year. Last year not so much. Good speed, terrible technique. He was always there. Always close enough to not make a play. Seems correctable.

18 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think Lee will be able to do it eventually. Hopefully that means this year. Last year not so much. Good speed, terrible technique. He was always there. Always close enough to not make a play. Seems correctable.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, i'm not giving up on him. The talent is there. Even though he is undersized, he's fast. And this game is about speed.

2 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Bowles has no idea how to use Lee.

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

Maybe the Jets will play more 4-2-5 with 3 safeties, cover 3.  Wilkerson, Williams, McLendon, Richardson (assuming he is not traded) as the front 4.  Jenkins as the "Sam", Lee as the "Mike" and Pryor playing the "Will", Adams the Rover and Gilchrist (if / when he is healthy) playing the deep safety.  Just have figure out the corner situation and this could be a viable lineup.  Harris on 1st and possibly 2nd, and bringing in Pryor on passing situations.  At least they would gain a little speed with the underneath zone.

Last year the Jets could have played a 4-4-5 and still wouldn't have stopped anyone on 3rd down.  Hopefully that, at least, will improve.

3 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

And Darron Lee's penchant for not turning his head around to locate the ball?!?!

Kyle Wilson sure "learned" how to do that after the "confusion" of his first season.  Oh wait...

Archived