• D
    • D-
    • F+
    • F
    • F-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm normally a fan of taking BPA regardless (especially when your team needs help at literally 90% of the positions), but not when it's repeating positions. I understand several positions have more than 1 on the field at once, but you have to diversify your talent in order to get better. Having 4 good DL and 2 good Safeties is not better than having 3 good DL, 1 good Safety, 1 good CB, and 1 good RB (just examples, not specific). It makes no sense to me to double up here when there were several available players that should have been rated very highly on our board. This team needs help everywhere, arguably 15 new starters, and we used our two best draft picks on one of least important positions...TWICE. 

Baffling...

On the other side, I think Maye is a good player, and I like that we're adding talent here...I just wish we didn't double up, especially with our top 2 picks.

35 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

B, because I like the player but I'm not sure what the game plan is.

If we're basically dumping Gilchrist and Pryor, saving 7mil + in cap space, and Maye and Adams can complement each other...  then this is an A pick.

Having two young dynamic safeties will kick ass!

But who plays what position?  Adams at SS and Maye at FS?

Ya they both so good at being versatile that they both won't ever be dominant at either ?

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Of course he does. Brandon Marshall loved Geno then Fitz. There is a reason we don't let players draft....

But you trust the fans?  Lol I'm getting a kick out of the whining here now.  

Don't forget many (most) fans thought re-signing Fitz was a good idea.  Instead it was one of the worst moves I've ever witnessed.

I'm loving what Macc and Bowles are doing so far in 2017.  

5 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Ya they both so good at being versatile that they both won't ever be dominant at either ?

OK to each their own.  I for one am psyched to have these two roaming around for us for many years to come.

52 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

B, because I like the player but I'm not sure what the game plan is.

If we're basically dumping Gilchrist and Pryor, saving 7mil + in cap space, and Maye and Adams can complement each other...  then this is an A pick.

Having two young dynamic safeties will kick ass!

But who plays what position?  Adams at SS and Maye at FS?

Bowles defense is left safety and right safety. They both do everything

9 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

OK to each their own.  I for one am psyched to have these two roaming around for us for many years to come.

I love that if they do become very good, we will have so much $$$ tied into the "safety" position ?. Nobody does that. It is a position you can easily plug in. How awesome was Jim Leonard ? He wasn't even drafted

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I love that if they do become very good, we will have so much $$$ tied into the "safety" position ?. Nobody does that. It is a position you can easily plug in. How awesome was Jim Leonard ? He wasn't even drafted

You're pouting now.  Have fun with that.

53 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I would have preferred a CB like Quincy Wilson but I dont have a problem with this pick. The Jets secondary was so bad last season. I'm fine with a complete overhaul at the safety postion.

Ahhh...I would have been fine with a S overhaul with a 2nd and 3rder after using the first to either get more DP's or drafting some offense in Rd 1....spending a 1st and 2nd rd pick on Safeties is a bit much with so many other needs.

Just now, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...I would have been fine with a S overhaul with a 2nd and 3rder after using the first to either get more DP's or drafting some offense in Rd 1....spending a 1st and 2nd rd pick on Safeties is a bit much with so many other needs.

Been said countless times, countless different ways, but you take what comes to ya.  No QB, lineman, CB or other need had enough quality available to beat out the quality we got at Safety for our picks.

If the CB King who was taken shortly before was available, I bet Bowles would've taken him.  There was talk of us trying to trade up to GB's spot.

18 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Been said countless times, countless different ways, but you take what comes to ya.  No QB, lineman, CB or other need had enough quality available to beat out the quality we got at Safety for our picks.

If the CB King who was taken shortly before was available, I bet Bowles would've taken him.  There was talk of us trying to trade up to GB's spot.

Yup. I feel the same way. Agree totally on King.

22 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

You take the best value available. The Jets felt it was him. So they drafted two safeties who can hopefully step in and play right away. We could have a very nice tandem in the back of our secondary for a while. We'll see. I can't bash the pick.

18 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol no just stating the obvious. I know you're always the good company guy who would give thumps up to mac even if he drafted a place kicker here lol 

Seriously?  I'm a company guy?  Lol no way man.  

I wanted Macc and Bowles both tarred and feathered, dragged through the lousy, potholed streets of North Jersey and eventually dismembered for re-signing Fitz.

The player is excellent and quite possibly a first round talent. A for the player.

C for the pick because we need corners unless we are now moving to zone coverage. Wilson was there for the taking or Jones as a long term play and they went against it. We are one Claiborne injury away from putting back the losers from last year's debacle back into games.

If they would have gone CB, I would have completely understood the move. Another safety is redundant, especially with high picks when we have so many needs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I gave it a -Z, it's now a

Triple -Z -Z -Z.

He's still got Sheldon who will play out his rookie contract for nothing.

Hes got a roster full of Safeties:-

Louisville Slouch (Getting cut) former 1st round, slow SS, who takes bad angles can't tackle or run. That we could have had a Franchise QB instead (Carr) who may not see year 4 on his rookie contract?

Gilchrist, who's injured and will be getting cut.

We trade down first time, and got a WR who may get the 4th spot, if he plays well, we missed value picks at OLB, Corner OL WTF!!!!

Archived