This Is the draft that...

TuscanyTile2

2 hours ago, varjet said:

It is.  They have outsmarted themselves.  There is no vision, no guts. 

how can you say he has no guts when he picked 2 safeties in the 1st 2 round in spite   of everyone calling for his head on a platter.  Not saying it was smart, but definitily took guts.

1 hour ago, jetfan39 said:

how can you say he has no guts when he picked 2 safeties in the 1st 2 round in spite   of everyone calling for his head on a platter.  Not saying it was smart, but definitily took guts.

Because his head was already firmly on the platter. 

The draft that lead to even more holes in the roster then before it started. What a cluster Fook!

Trading down on obvious talent, to pick up a couple of extra late picks. That have about a 5% chance to make the roster, based on 5th 6th rounders making an NFL team. 

Could have been...

1 - Adams - solid pick, would have preferred a trade down and we may regret passing on Hooker and/or Watson but Adams will start

2 - Cook or Tabor - shocking second round history continues for los Jets

3 - Elflein (or Goodwin if you really wanted a WR for Hack) Willis, Moreau (so much value and los Jets trade down)

3 - Butt or any other player left on day 3 but that extra 6th could be Brady

The draft that lead to even more holes in the roster then before it started. What a cluster Fook!
Trading down on obvious talent, to pick up a couple of extra late picks. That have about a 5% chance to make the roster, based on 5th 6th rounders making an NFL team. 

Making an average NFL team, maybe.

Jets are well below average, so their chances should be a whole lot better.

Guys who should be worried right now are the depth guys ... guys like Dozier who is likely to see his replacement arriving any time now. I already think the writing is on the wall for J Marshall, who could lose out numbers wise at receiver. CB will likely see some additions on day 3, and TE has to. I'm just glad there is depth at these positions this year.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Browns did a great job. Congrats buddy. 

I've never been more into the Jets than right now tbh. I genuinely love this draft. Maybe I liked Godwin as a WR prospect but listening to all these quotes from Stewart and getting an earful of the personality...this Jets fan is getting super duper excited. 

This is the style of thread naming............

That makes me want to punch the damn OP.

7 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

In this case more balls than brains.

7 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

I stand corrected.  You are right.  It took guts.  There appears to be no coherent vision   Players are graded on an absolute score, and Mac's goal appears to draft players with the highest overall score.  How they fit together to play football is another story.

Its tough for people on this board to criticize professionals who pick football players for a living, but this draft does appear messed up at this point.  Just look at what some other teams have done.  

1. The call in the first round was to trade down.  Yes, Adams was the right pick at 6 if you were using it, but that's the point.  No other team would give chart value for the pick because they knew the safety was the right player there.  The right call was to take the best deal and more players in the first three rounds.
  2. Maye is a good player, but were we better off with Moreau or Jones in round 2 and John Johnson is round 3.
  3. Did we really need the WR?  What about a TE?  Will we look smart passing on the EDGE and OT that the Patriots drafted?  Didn't we want a good, cheap C for 4+ years
  4. Are we smarter than Reese passing on Davis Webb?
  5. So we did not want a replacement for Harris with our last pick in the 3rd round?
  6. Not unloading Mo and then SR at this point is now looking worthy of termination.  
  7. I am no touching the nickel back from Michigan with the DV issues.  
  8. There are more picks to make.  Maybe they take a risk on Jake Butt.  But if this year's draft picks don't make the roster and look promising, I will contribute $1000 to the flying banner.  I could be proved wrong, but I have lost confidence in Macc and Bowles.  But it ain't getting fixed until Woody and his brother hand the team completely to someone else.  

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I've never been more into the Jets than right now tbh. I genuinely love this draft. Maybe I liked Godwin as a WR prospect but listening to all these quotes from Stewart and getting an earful of the personality...this Jets fan is getting super duper excited. 

Welcome back ?

11 hours ago, derp said:

Secured a top 5 pick in the 2018 draft.

Rest of the NFL is playing checkers.

Yep.. and as of now we have 61mil in free cap space for next season... without cutting Pryor and Gilchrist. Darnold and a ton of free agents next year

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Maybe we should wait for the first snap of training camp before we start writing off our picks

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

LOL. You watching the same draft I am? While I like the WR picks there were plenty of guys available that could of contributed this year and taken some of the heat off of whoever is our starting QB available at the picks he traded. Unless he is trying to save some cap space for udfa's Mac has done poorly so far.

Archived