Explanation on how Macagnan got robbed on his trade downs based on nfl draft chart.

Jetsbb

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Okay Mac advertised to the world he wanted to trade down practically begged other teams publicly showing his hand thereby allowing other teams to fleece this idiot on his trades.

First trade 70- 79 = pick 127 they got pick 160 to make it fair the Vikings would have had to add another 6th round pick to the deal

second trade 107-125 = pick 146 they got pick 204. It should have been their 5th rounder not their 6th round pick

We have an easy push over GM who showed his hand and got played by the rest of the league.

1 minute ago, ljr said:

I've tried to give him the benefit of the doubt ... Tonight was not one of his better nights though :(

I've actually defended Mac over the past couple years.  I defended the Darron Lee pick even tho he sucks, but this guy has got to go he is way over his head

I just can't imagine what will be there in rd 6 that will justify letting 18 players at the top of rd 4 go off the board. This just seems moronic. 

It's almost as if the criticism of not being able to make a deal got to him, so he was determined to show everyone he could, even if that meant making a bad deal. 

The Jets Wanted more picks, and they got more picks, so what exactly is the problem ?  We started this draft with 7 picks . we made 3 picks thus far and to my knowledge, we have 6 picks left .

Thus far, the Jets have acquired 3 day 1 starters, 2 for the defense and 1 for special teams .  The Jets are drafting solid people who happen to be good football players . 

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The Jets Wanted more picks, and they got more picks, so what exactly is the problem ?  We started this draft with 7 picks . we made 3 picks thus far and to my knowledge, we have 6 picks left .

Thus far, the Jets have acquired 3 day 1 starters, 2 for the defense and 1 for special teams .  The Jets are drafting solid people who happen to be good football players . 

I did the math using the value chart and in both trades combined we surrendered a total of 35 Value Points.

That is essentially the equivalent of another 5th RD Pick that we left on the table in these two deals combined.

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Okay Mac advertised to the world he wanted to trade down practically begged other teams publicly showing his hand thereby allowing other teams to fleece this idiot on his trades.

First trade 70- 79 = pick 127 they got pick 160 to make it fair the Vikings would have had to add another 6th round pick to the deal

second trade 107-125 = pick 146 they got pick 204. It should have been their 5th rounder not their 6th round pick

We have an easy push over GM who showed his hand and got played by the rest of the league.

I think it's fair to say that Macc has done poorly with his position draftday trades, and the opportunity for trades he missed (i.e. at #6).

With that said, we have 6 picks today, lets hope he makes something of them.

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

The problem is mac froze again, took a player in 2nd round that probably wasn't getting picked until the 3rd. Same exact scenario as last yr. Nobody else was picking hackenberg in the 2nd. I don't think teams were lining up for Darren lee either. I just want to hold this guy accountable. Just because they love a guy doesn't mean they shouldn't evaluate  wether other teams like the guy as much. If mac was smart about that he could have traded down and still very acquired maye. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The problem is mac froze again, took a player in 2nd round that probably wasn't getting picked until the 3rd. Same exact scenario as last yr. Nobody else was picking hackenberg in the 2nd. I don't think teams were lining up for Darren lee either. I just want to hold this guy accountable. Just because they love a guy doesn't mean they shouldn't evaluate  wether other teams like the guy as much. If mac was smart about that he could have traded down and still very acquired maye. 

There's no way to know this.  Look at Mahomes.  KC traded up to #10 to draft him.  If a team likes a player they'll draft him.

14 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I did the math using the value chart and in both trades combined we surrendered a total of 35 Value Points.

That is essentially the equivalent of another 5th RD Pick that we left on the table in these two deals combined.

Who cares . We needed to add picks in a deep draft and we did . If the Jets lost out on additional picks because of value , you folks would complain about that . 

I have my issues with the front office and coaches, but "robbed" is too strong a word.

That value chart is a subjective guide.  It is not written in stone, nor the only factor that matters.  The value of specific picks, IMO, is more about how the tiers of players with similar rankings sets up in each round of each individual draft.  If there isn't much separation between the tiers according to their war room board, then screw the chart.  Accumulating more picks is a sound strategy.

Wow.  It's weird defending the Jets organization.  Usually I am blasting them.  Seems Pryor is finally gone too.

The draft value board is not static. It's not as easy as looking at the board and saying "8pick = 17 and 23 pick."

you have to compare it to the depth of the draft. If there are only 5 tier one players, pick 6 is worth a lot less than if there are 7.

i think it's not as easy as looking at a value chart from years ago and using it as gospel

That said, I have no idea if we got value 

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I have my issues with the front office and coaches, but "robbed" is too strong a word.

That value chart is a subjective guide.  It is not written in stone, nor the only factor that matters.  The value of specific picks, IMO, is more about how the tiers of players with similar rankings sets up in each round of each individual draft.  If there isn't much separation between the tiers according to their war room board, then screw the chart.  Accumulating more picks is a sound strategy.

Just tried to express the same idea, but you were more eloquent 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's no way to know this.  Look at Mahomes.  KC traded up to #10 to draft him.  If a team likes a player they'll draft him.

You are right. You can go with the probability but still. These are not two guys that you really are going to say " ohh no " if they were picked. We the huge holes we have, there was no one position /player that we absolutely had to have.

It's disappointing seeing two teams after the Jets trading down in the first and acquiring a first in next year's draft as a result. That's exactly what I wanted them to do. Also wish we were talking about how Mac robbed other GMs, but I don't think he exactly got fleeced in these two deals, either. I like the extra picks, no matter what the math. 

28 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mayock had Lee going 17th to the Falcons last year.

Archived